shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori... worth the $$?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pinkelephant

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
I haven''t posted much... but I need some advice. I am going to look at some Tacori settings at a trunk show on Friday. I have done a search of Tacori on here and read some problems that they might be having with quality. For those that have Tacori rings or have shopped for one, my question is: Do you feel that the craftsmanship is worth the price? As well, is there any wiggle room to negotiate price? Thank you so much in advance!

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori certainly makes great rings. Is it worth the price diff? Well, there are a lot of great designers/craftspeople who could make a variation of any branded ring that you are interested in for less $. A lot of people though (including on this forum) are more than happy to pay more for big designer names - personal choice. Could you see the difference for someone who is NOT familiar with Tacori? Probably not. Do you get bragging rights? No. On a side-note I do find it interesting that a lot of PSers are willing to go for SI clarity diamonds (eye-clear of course) without any problems (and oftentimes with a certain appearance of insider-satisfaction) but are hung up on brand-name rings ...
41.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would contact Pearlman''s and Good Old Gold and I bet they could quote you some prices. Tacori e ring might chime in; she has a lovely Tacori ring!!! They sure are beautiful!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
My best friend just got a Tacori ring and it is beautiful. But I will say this. If there is a ring of Tacori''s that you are totally 100% in love with, AND it is something unique to them, buy it.

If you like something more generic or just the basic gist of their designs, then you can find something cheaper that is just as nice, or nicer, quality.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearlman''s doesn''t carry Tacori as far as I know. The only jeweler that I have heard of who discounts Tacori is Sister''s Jewelry in Boston. However, if you get a pave style, it may be best to use a local jeweler since you may occasionally lose a tiny stone and it is easier to take it to the local person to have the stone replaced. I''d recommend looking at Leon Mege and Maytal Hannah to see if any of their custom styles appeal to you. Also, Pearlman''s does carry Beverley K which is a less expensive but nice quality designer who makes antique style settings. Tacori is very beautiful and it may be worth it if you can''t find anything you like as well!

http://www.artofplatinum.com/

http://www.maytalhannah.com/

jewelrychic1

Rough_Rock
I''ve seen the Tacori brand in a local jewelry store, and I''m not terribly impressed. I''ve seen better quality with other designers or no names. It is very expensive for the price. They definatley market well, but if you''re asking if the quality matches the price, I''m not too confident. Did you LOVE the piece?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
All designer pieces have mark-ups. All designers have had pave issues. Some more than others. I have lots two stones in 3 years. Both were probably my fault. I put my ring in an u/s, lost a diamond melee. Banged my ring really hard on my seatbelt and lost a sapphire. Both stones were replaced for free (no shipping costs or anything).

I agree with neatfreak, if you love one of their designs, get it. If it is just the "style" you like there are cheaper options out there. I am completely in love with the design of my ring. I am happy I have a Tacori
2.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Oh Tacori E-Ring:

Which setting do you have?

---

I'm looking at the 2620 Tacori, with pave shoulders, for a cushion. I think it is pretty reasonably priced. (For a short time I had decided on a Ritani (the halo one with pave band) but Tacori has a much more interesting profile.

Glad you lost the stone in the ultrasound, actually. I believe Tacori has a lifetime replacement policy on its pave?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it is in your budget why wouldn''t you get the Tacori? Here is my engagement ring. It is an uncommon Tacori. I wanted a little color.
2.gif
The wedding band was custom from my B&M. I am not sure what Tacori''s policy is but my B&M replace pave for free. Tacori did not charge me for the sapphire.

TE_wedding-set.jpg

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
I too have a Tacori and actually I was debating getting 2620 and the setting I have now. I think if you really love it Tacori is definitely worth the money. It''s funny, I was in the jewelry store tonigh just looking around and after wearing my ring for about 2 weeks now, none of the other settings in the store was ever "good enough".

Gummybear

Rough_Rock
I am getting the 2620...still waiting
37.gif
(very hard to do!)

I can't speak on durability but the ring is gorgeous and the head is so intricate and delicate. the internet pictures don't do it justice.

I think I paid a reasonable price compared to other rings that were similarly styled (the Vatche I was looking at was 3400 for a 1ct stone and a few made at the jewelry store were in the same ball park) and I love this ring.

I did get mine at Sisters Jewelry in Boston. I actually live close enough to go to their store. Eliana has been great.

A lot of places were hard to get pricing from b/c the platinum rate and gold rates are very high right now. Some places need to call Tacori before they told me a price. I was quoted as high as 3650 to as low as what I paid which was 2850 for the medium head, I believe the smaller head is less b/c the larger head was 3200. But i just called around to all the stores in my area. We didn't negotiate b/c we felt we were getting the best price we could for what we wanted. Sisters happened to be on the list and then I searched PS and found that they have great pricing.

Good luck with your choice...if mine ever gets here I'll post pictures!
2.gif

azjason

Rough_Rock
I just purchased these two and had a really good experience....

category_rings.jpg

pinkelephant

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the great replies everyone! I had not really considered getting a Tacori before, because there are not many authorized dealers near me, actually there is only one and it is a BM. Anyway, I happened to be at the mall a few weeks back and saw that this shop carried Tacori, so I went in and tried on some rings. They were so beautiful, but I noticed that not all the miligraining was the same size and that there were some other ''flaws''. Anyway, I am pretty excited to go look at some settings, as it saves me from taking a trip to the states and lets me try them on in real life instead of just admiring them via the Internet.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Tacori wedding set on layaway at a store called Collections Fine Jewelry in Saginaw, Texas (817) 232-9251. Their pricing is good. Here''s mine (I got the matching band too with baguettes):

http://www.weddingband.com/mer_a.html

I was hesitant about buying a Tacori because I had also heard rumors about quality and I know Pearlman''s doesn''t carry them anymore for that reason, but Collections said that their customers have never had any problems with them. As far as details like millegrain being perfect, etc., I know that even people who have custom Leon Meges have complained about the same thing. So I guess you have to overlook certain things.

I''m pretty easy on my rings, so I''m not worried.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a photo with the wedding band. Collections doesn''t have a website, although they should. They carry a lot of great designers like Tacori, Ritani, and Kirk Kara to name but a few.

http://brownsjewelers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=HT-2352

I surprised myself by not getting a halo design because that was what I had my heart set on, but Collections had this set in their cabinet with a head perfectly sized for my 1.05 ct. Jubilee, so I felt like it was meant to be. Plus I love trilliants and baguettes so I''m happy.

I particularly love Tacori E-ring''s sapphire setting. I also looked at a Kirk Kara sapphire set which I came close to ordering. I suppose I will have to live with a sapphire right hand ring because I don''t think that a sapphire band next to my new Tacori wedding set would look all that great.

Good luck on your hunt, and if you have your heart set on a Tacori, go for it. They really are special rings.

ashalauren

Rough_Rock
AZJASON:

do you have any pics of these rings? This is the set I want, but i haven''t seen any pics of it yet except for the ones from the Tacori website. Any pics would be appreciated!!!! I think it''s gorgeous!

pinkelephant

Rough_Rock
So, I went to the trunk show today... The rings were incredibly beautiful. The one that I really love is the 2623 RSMP, but setting alone in platinum costs $4440 CAD. I am wondering if that is a fair price for such a setting; it has two 12 pt diamonds and some smaller pave set stones in the band, for a total of .50ct. I tried to post a picture of the ring, but wasn''t able to.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
AshaLauren,

Here's a good close up.

http://www.chipsmyth.com/tacori_er10.htm

I tried on this set. Very classic and elegant!

Janey,

Call Collections just to comparison shop pricing, now that you know what you want. Phone number in above post.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
azjason - very beautiful ! !

---

Gummybear -

How long about? By small, med. or large head is that dependent upon carat size? Or is it something that you select?

Thanks.

pinkelephant

Rough_Rock
Neverendingupgrade, thanks for the information; I think I will give them a call!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results