shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori setting recommendations. Or something similar?

RockySeeker

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get a Tacori setting?

Some folks on the forum have recommended David Klass as an option in replicating a vintage setting, but I've tried contacting them twice and no one got back to me. Are there other highly recommended jewelers that could potentially do a 14k/18k yellow gold vintage setting with a halo for an oval diamond?

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely. I’d reach out to Victor Canera. He does possibly the best halos out of any of the recommended vendors, and his craftsmanship is TDF. He’s recently started working with outside stones again so you’re in luck!

https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It depends on your budget. Do you have one in mind?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: I believe I read someone else post that David is away for a couple weeks but he has others on staff who can assist. You might try calling them vs emailing.

RockySeeker

Rough_Rock
I already have a diamond picked out but now just looking for a setting similar to a Tacori 2620 Dantela collection. My girlfriend likes the vintage look and detailed craftsmanship from Tacori, and we haven't found someone that can duplicate that same look. Are there any pictures out there that show something similar to the Dantela collection?

As for budget, I'd say under $3k for the setting.

Also, thanks for the tip of him being out. I last emailed David Klass almost a month ago but I'll follow up with a call.

RockySeeker

Rough_Rock
Also, thanks for the Victor Canera recommendation. I've seen that name around so I'll look at his site and see if they have anything that might work.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there a reason you aren’t buying the Tacori? It’s in your budget.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also, if you haven’t already purchased the diamond WF can sell you that too.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

RockySeeker

Rough_Rock
A lot of folks are saying you could get a very nice piece similar to Tacori for much less. There would be some differences obviously but I was curious since I wouldn't mind saving the money too.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m all for saving some money. I just wanted to be sure you didn’t want the original. I would try again with David Klass. You will find his pricing much more appealing :mrgreen2:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have a look at his Instagram. Lots of pictures to look at.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used DK to custom build my girl's setting and had a great experience. In my situation the inspiration piece was from Jared's which was kind of clunky and not well made (IMO). While I did manage to save a few bucks, more importantly I was able to tweak the design and refine it into something pretty awesome that is well built. To me, getting the right quality and design was more important than the money I saved. That said, DK treated me right on price as well so that just helped sweeten the pot.

It sounds like you have tried to reach out. Try being patient as I understand he is on vacation. Surely someone is running the shop in his absence, but they may not be as proficient. He is worth the wait if you have the time to spare.

Others mentioned VC and CvB. I haven't worked with either, but I have seen their work and I think this type of work would fit them perfectly. Given some of the pieces they've designed I just assumed they were expensive, but that is nothing more than assumption -- and we all know what happens when we start to assume. I do know the pieces look gorgeous and high quality so I'd definitely reach out to them and get a quote.

Another forum member, @TreeScientist, recently used EVS Designs to build a custom ring for his girl. The style is more modern and much different than yours but the quality looked great. What really caught my attention was EVS produced CAD's in a few days and they were in production very within a week or so. It seemed super-fast. Also, it was eluded EVS had great pricing.

http://www.evsdesigns.store/contact-us.html

Some eye candy of DK's work...this was my girl's ring.

DKJPV_0629_WR-1.jpg

DKJPV_0629_WR-5.jpg

DKJPV_0629_WR-8.jpg

DKJPV_0629_WR-4.jpg

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to add, WF is actually a Tacori dealer so if you want the real deal that can be a one stop shop for you. Nice thing is they produce & stock super ideal diamonds that are nothing short of awesome. I would have no hesitations buying a stone & setting from them if I were you.

https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...antela-crown-diamond-engagement-ring-2524.htm

Also, HPD is another quality super ideal diamond vendor that has a skilled bench that is more than capable of re-creating the Tacori setting. HPD sells Crafted by Infinity (CBI) stones that many on here rave about. Wink owns and runs HPD and is pretty awesome. HPD is another one I'd have zero issues entrusting with your setting and diamond purchase so it's a one-stop shop.

https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/whyus/whyus-mission

RockySeeker

Rough_Rock
I already have a stone.

Does anyone have any pictures for Tacori-inspired settings? I've tried googling and searching on pricescope forums to find pictures to show my girlfriend. I'm trying to see how closely they can mimick a Tacori ring (without crossing the border of blatantly illegally copying the design).

RockySeeker

Rough_Rock
And I do like those pictures of the settings @sledge but I showed them to my girlfriend and she wants something that mimicks closer to the Tacori Dantela collection.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find tacori very expensive for what you get. My daughter in law insisted on one of their setting and it had .40cttw and ran $9000. Fortunately she saw a estate one but it was still $3600. Get one made and you will do so much better!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I do like those pictures of the settings @sledge but I showed them to my girlfriend and she wants something that mimicks closer to the Tacori Dantela collection.

FYI I wasn't suggesting the setting I posted. That was the setting I did for my girl. I posted only as example of what DK could do as they did that one.

As @rockysalamander pointed out, contact DK. The setting I posted was based on Jared's setting my girl really liked. I took the original design and tweaked it a bit so it came out a bit more refined.

They will be able to get very close to the original. Just take some pics and forward to them and ask for a quote. Once you accept they will create custom CADs based on the inspiration piece and then you can start making tweaks.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP I would personally advise you that you get the real tacori if that is what your gf wants and if the setting is just about in budget. A copy of the setting is not going to be much less expensive if all the intricate detailing is to be replicated and it’s never going to be the real brand setting.

Here is also an eBay suggestions:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/202406292587

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results