shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori semi-mounts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone
Now I have a wee bit of a problem here. I love some of the tacori semi-mounts, but I spent all of my budget on the diamond! I was wondering if anyone knows where on earth I could find something similar to a tacori style ring ( I like the soliraitres that have the decoratated crowns/head of the diamond) that is an off brand and cheaper? Or is that just really not possilbe to find? Or do you know where I can buy a tacori cheaper? I do wear a size 4 ring size, so that might be an issue if I don''t go though them. How much do normal tacori rings cost...it seems to me about 1000.00 at least. I called for some prices but I''m really scared to hear back from them...let alone to ask my fiance(who has already increased my budget by 1500.00) to pay 500.00 more for a mounting that I like...what do you think I should do? Beg him anyways? I''m sure he''d give in...but I feel bad enough already...boo hoo hoo : (

sera

Ideal_Rock
The Tacori rings I was looking at were around $3500-4000... they had sidestones, stones set in the band on the top and on the side of the band scalloping and diamonds. With less detail they could be quite a bit less... the only place I have seen them down to $1000 was on overstock.com. I believe Knox Jewelers has some rings with similar design elements- I don''t know the price on them, but as I understand it, much less.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Overstock.com sells Tacori settings at a pretty deep discount.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Tacori settings are usually pretty pricey, I believe. And the ones on Overstock.com are already made, usually to fit a diamond of about 6.5mm, round (sometimes larger).

Since you've got a diamond that's a specific shape and size, I'd look into what Good Old Gold can offer in your price range. They're supplying the diamond, right? I believe they carry a wide range of settings and one of the GOG salespeople can help you find a great setting in budget.

ETA: For instance, this Ingwer setting available through GOG might work (ask for price). It has engraving, to give you that antique look, and a bit of pave on either side:

White Gold Semi-Mount with Antique Detailing

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2008 6:25:16 PM
Author: EBree
Tacori settings are usually pretty pricey, I believe. And the ones on Overstock.com are already made, usually to fit a diamond of about 6.5mm, round (sometimes larger).

Since you''ve got a diamond that''s a specific shape and size, I''d look into what Good Old Gold can offer in your price range. They''re supplying the diamond, right? I believe they carry a wide range of settings and one of the GOG salespeople can help you find a great setting in budget.
Yes, you do have to reqad the fine print!! It will say somewhere on the page what type of stone and what width (most are 6mm I believe).
I looked at Tacori rings on Sunday and was really unimpressed for the price! I adore Tacori E-ring''s ring and there was one at Jared''s out of the whole case that was lovely like her''s.

dageman

Rough_Rock
If you think they are pricey now...
I just purchased a Tacori and had my ring finished up... when I went to pick it up and pay for it my jeweller let me in on a little "secret".

He showed me a notice from Tacori to all authorized retailers saying that all setting prices will be increasing 15-25% on Feb 15th due to increases in the price of gold and platinum. SO if you are in the market for a Tacori I suggest you get a move on!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2008 6:35:06 PM
Author: dageman
If you think they are pricey now...
I just purchased a Tacori and had my ring finished up... when I went to pick it up and pay for it my jeweller let me in on a little ''secret''.

He showed me a notice from Tacori to all authorized retailers saying that all setting prices will be increasing 15-25% on Feb 15th due to increases in the price of gold and platinum. SO if you are in the market for a Tacori I suggest you get a move on!
Ouch...
14.gif

I wonder if the Jared''s I went to had dud settings? I love Tacori e-ring''s setting, Punch N'' Pie''s, and many other''s here in PS. But the ones that Jared''s had, the workmanship just looked so sloppy. Maybe because they were display settings..?
33.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2008 6:29:28 PM
Author: february2003bride
Date: 2/5/2008 6:25:16 PM

Yes, you do have to reqad the fine print!! It will say somewhere on the page what type of stone and what width (most are 6mm I believe).

I looked at Tacori rings on Sunday and was really unimpressed for the price! I adore Tacori E-ring''s ring and there was one at Jared''s out of the whole case that was lovely like her''s.

Awww...thanks Feb! I do think there is something special about it (I am obviously bias) I don''t think Tacoris are ever "perfect" since they are handmade but mine has to be magnified pretty large to see any imperfections. Their milgraining is so fine and delicate
18.gif
and I am very fond on their designs (though I DO love your modern looking ring)

I agree overstock could be a great solution. I guess now they make them in white gold as well which would cut done their prices. Mine was $2700 (I think) 3 years ago (and I have no major sidestones. Only diamond melee and small sapphires). I *think* GOG is a Tacori vendor. Could you add some of your own money to increase the budget?

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a college student...and so all of my money goes to books!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Then I would get a cheap solitare and upgrade the setting later...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please don''t look at overstock for a Tacori! They are mostly size 6 to 6.5 and CANNOT be sized down to a 4!

Like someone else said, take a look at Knox for more affordable Tacori style settings. You need to order one made in your ring size with a head that fits your size stone!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I have always been tempted by the tacoris on overstock - cannot beat the prices - but if they are not your size (or your diamonds size) that won''t work.
How about spending a few hundred on a nice solitaire, then upgrade the setting for an anniversary in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results