shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori - requesting input/reviews/advice on Tacori

Inquirygirl

Rough_Rock
I am looking for anyone who has purchased an engagement ring from/by Tacori or dealt with an “authorized dealer” for Tacori in the last 3+ years -- more recent experience, is preferred.

We are looking at a ring from Tacori to purchase this month; one that caught our eyes over 9 months ago...and it just seems to be the one. It is: SIMPLY TACORI 2518RD65

We have an “authorized dealer”, here in Canada; bringing in a sample early next week for us to view in person.

After viewing many forum threads and comments, we are somewhat concerned about choosing to invest with this brand.
There seems to have been a fair amount of “negative experiences” since the mid - late 2000’s: tapering off abit since 2011+.....quality of workmanship, lack of customer service, dealer miscommunication/misrepresentation or after sale follow through, etc

I have not been able to find many recent posts/comments about how or if Tacori has been able to overcome the challenges they faced in earlier years.
Your constructive input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
I bought my Tacori engagement ring upgrade from Whiteflash in September (I have the 55-2RD65 in white gold). No issues whatsoever so far. I ended up choosing a different center stone, and Whiteflash dealt exclusively with Tacori when they refit the new stone. Generally, I don't think customers ever deal with Tacori; I think the authorized dealers do all of that on your behalf. The quality of my ring is fantastic -- I'm on the clumsy side and have bumped it pretty hard a few times with no damage.

Many posters on here do not prefer Tacori because quite honestly, the settings are very expensive compared to other brands. Many would rather splurge and have something custom made by Victor Canera or the likes rather than pay a premium for the Tacori name. Or they'd rather put that $$ toward a larger center stone. In my case, I looked all over for a similar setting, but I loved the craftsmanship of the Tacori. And I liked that I could try it on in person at a local seller before committing; you don't always have that option elsewhere and I couldn't fathom paying thousands of dollars for something I might not like on my hand. Perhaps it's overpriced, but it was exactly what I wanted.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have the Tacori 49rd65 sculpted crescent setting in 18k white gold. I purchased through Whiteflash this past November at the same time as I purchased a diamond. I am very happy with the quality and workmanship. I do have an authorized Tacori dealer close by for servicing etc.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot of the past problems had to do with the open crescent designs that just did not hold up and little stones came out, etc. Two Tacori dealers told me that. Some people decide to have replicas made with slight differences for much less money, but I think that particular ring might be best bought from Tacori. The two designers that I would recommend for making something similar would be Caysie van Bebber (CVB Inspired Design on FB) and David Klass.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Another Canadian with Tacori 2510, reverse crescent design. Bought in Canada from an authorized jeweller. I've had the ring approximately 1 year, 9 months? I've had ZERO problems with my ring (my husband has a Tacori ring as well, no problems either).

I have quite a few teeny, tiny stones along the side edge, none of them have fallen out (see pic). I love my ring, I love the fine details and I love looking at the beautiful side profile.

I will say, I don't think Tacori is a good choice for people who never take their rings off. If you're interested in any of the crescent styles which have cut-outs and have a lot of milgrain work, I would plan on taking it off when sleeping, showering, cleaning, exercising, go to the gym etc. Basically, I wear my ring to work, come home and take it off once I start making dinner/cleaning etc. The settings aren't fragile but they do have a lot of fine details and I want those details to last as long as possible (and this is good advice for anyone who has lots of pave and milgrain in their setting, not just Tacori). And, imo, you want to protect your diamond too - another reason to take your rings off while doing things with your hands.

sideclose2.jpg

baroque

Shiny_Rock
maccers|1425659644|3842839 said:
Another Canadian with Tacori 2510, reverse crescent design. Bought in Canada from an authorized jeweller. I've had the ring approximately 1 year, 9 months? I've had ZERO problems with my ring (my husband has a Tacori ring as well, no problems either).

I have quite a few teeny, tiny stones along the side edge, none of them have fallen out (see pic). I love my ring, I love the fine details and I love looking at the beautiful side profile.

I will say, I don't think Tacori is a good choice for people who never take their rings off. If you're interested in any of the crescent styles which have cut-outs and have a lot of milgrain work, I would plan on taking it off when sleeping, showering, cleaning, exercising, go to the gym etc. Basically, I wear my ring to work, come home and take it off once I start making dinner/cleaning etc. The settings aren't fragile but they do have a lot of fine details and I want those details to last as long as possible (and this is good advice for anyone who has lots of pave and milgrain in their setting, not just Tacori). And, imo, you want to protect your diamond too - another reason to take your rings off while doing things with your hands.

I LOVE that setting! and that band! I need it! :)

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
tmot14|1425632287|3842688 said:
I bought my Tacori engagement ring upgrade from Whiteflash in September (I have the 55-2RD65 in white gold). No issues whatsoever so far. I ended up choosing a different center stone, and Whiteflash dealt exclusively with Tacori when they refit the new stone. Generally, I don't think customers ever deal with Tacori; I think the authorized dealers do all of that on your behalf. The quality of my ring is fantastic -- I'm on the clumsy side and have bumped it pretty hard a few times with no damage.

Many posters on here do not prefer Tacori because quite honestly, the settings are very expensive compared to other brands. Many would rather splurge and have something custom made by Victor Canera or the likes rather than pay a premium for the Tacori name. Or they'd rather put that $$ toward a larger center stone. In my case, I looked all over for a similar setting, but I loved the craftsmanship of the Tacori. And I liked that I could try it on in person at a local seller before committing; you don't always have that option elsewhere and I couldn't fathom paying thousands of dollars for something I might not like on my hand. Perhaps it's overpriced, but it was exactly what I wanted.

I am one who was enamored with several Tacori settings. However, in the end, I upgraded my center stone which left me with considering other less expensive options due to the budget (as it is I went over the original plan by more than double :-o ). I have heard of some issues with Tacori, but I've also heard of issues with other manufacturers. Even my reset from James Allen had a cracked pave stone. (There are nearly 100 stones in it.) But, what is important is how the company stands by their product, which in my case the company did very well. For me, the cost of the Tacori was not worth the additional cost when compared to other settings. Since I was resetting in platinum to match the metal of my platinum wedding band, the Tacori settings I was looking at easily cost an additional $2,000 comparatively. For me, I'm very happy having a bigger and much better center stone. But on the same tangent as tmot14, if the setting is exactly what you want, that is worth something! Getting what you want, especially a ring you will likely wear every day is VERY important!!! ;))

Inquirygirl

Rough_Rock
Thank you to everyone who has replied to my post so far. You have been very helpful.
We have a sample ring coming in this week for us to view in person.

Maccers – your ring and band are absolutely beautiful!
I do appreciate your comments about the "care" of a ring like Tacori. It has made me really think about my lifestyle and how/when I typically wear rings....this may be a bit too delicate for me :)

SparklySoprano – I agree with all your points and we are weighing the ideas about where to allocate $$ - band or larger center/better quality diamond. For me this ring appears to have the best of both worlds and is unique.

With the comments on here and from other threads/info on pricescope, we will have more insightful questions for the authorized dealer – thanks again :)

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't know if having a brand new ring is important to you, but if not, Good Old Gold has a pre-owned 18k white gold, Tacori 2518RD65 in its inventory, presently priced at $2575, almost $2200 less than basic MSRP of $4750 (ring size not listed, so you would have to inquire about that as well as the size of center stone it will accommodate/require):
http://www.goodoldgold.com/ecommerce/estate-18k-white-gold-tacori-engagement-ring-2518rd65.html

ETA: Because the shank on this ring doesn't have, e.g,. the little crescents all around & the pave doesn't extend beyond the shoulders, it's a better candidate for resizing than many Tacori rings.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
MollyMalone said:
Don't know if having a brand new ring is important to you, but if not, Good Old Gold has a pre-owned 18k white gold, Tacori 2518RD65 in its inventory, presently priced at $2575, almost $2200 less than basic MSRP of $4750 (ring size not listed, so you would have to inquire about that as well as the size of center stone it will accommodate/require):
http://www.goodoldgold.com/ecommerce/estate-18k-white-gold-tacori-engagement-ring-2518rd65.html

ETA: Because the shank on this ring doesn't have, e.g,. the little crescents all around & the pave doesn't extend beyond the shoulders, it's a better candidate for resizing than many Tacori rings.

This is one lovely setting! I would absolutely consider a pre owned coming from GOG.

Crystal72384

Shiny_Rock
MollyMalone|1425749702|3843377 said:

That's an awesome deal!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results