shape
carat
color
clarity

T Lee Elevation Ring with Pistachio Pearl

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
T Lee is one of my favorite jewelry designers, and I have been a fan of hers for years. I own T Lee pendants, earrings, bracelets, and necklaces. I faithfully attend the T Lee gemstone roundtables several times a year. But, the one hole in my T Lee jewelry collection has been a T Lee ring.

One of T's recent design innovations has been the Elevation Ring. This design really caught my eye, and I have tried on a number of rings of this design. Here are a few examples from her web site, and I have seen and admired a number of pearl versions of this ring as well.

tlee4.jpg

tlee3.jpg

tlee5.jpg

_24937.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
During the Pearl Paradise Connoisseur Sale I purchased this round 8.9mm Tahitian pearl. After some thought, I decided it might work in a T Lee Elevation Ring. I dropped into the local shop and had a design consultation with a talented member of T's staff, Kelly Williams. I asked about rose gold for the green pearl and Kelly thought that was a great idea. She then suggested using tiny lavender sapphires in the design. When I saw the sapphires I was smitten. Although they are supposed to be lavender, they looked pretty rosy colored to me. We worked out the design, and I dropped in a couple of weeks later to approve the CAD. I also got to see the wax.

And, today, I finally picked up my finished ring. It is so pretty. :)) With custom you are never quite sure how everything will look at the end, but Kelly and the rest of T's staff did a great job. I think everyone who works in the shop had a hand in making my ring come to fruition. Thank you, all. :appl: :wavey:

_24938.jpg

bracelet_8.jpg

capture_01464_1.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here are a few photos I got this afternoon before the sun set today.

tring_9574.jpg

tring_9557.jpg

tring_9559.jpg

tring_9570.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
What a breathtakingly stunning ring!!!!!!! The colors all work together so beautifully, they all play off of each other and bring out the best of each component!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
A few more pictures. I love how the pistachio pearl matches the pistachio pearl in my bracelet. You can see the different metal colors here, but when wearing them in most light settings, it will not be apparent. I went with the rose gold because I love the contrast between green and red. Those are my favorite colors, and are probably the reason I like peacock green Tahitian pearls so much.

tring_9571.jpg

tring_9594.jpg

tring_9588.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
That is really cool, looks great with the bracelet!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
That's a beautiful, very unique ring. The colours work really great together and with the bracelet, too. Gorgeous combo!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Cool ring, Fly Girl. I LOVE that bracelet! Are there any wrist shots of it around here anywhere? :)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ckrickett, Lovinggems, Tucs, and seaurchin.

seaurchin - There is a wrist shot of my multicolor Tahitian bracelet at the end of my thread on how I found my ruckus pearls. This thread also has in progress shots of the bracelet and the matching multicolor necklace.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-i-found-my-ruckus-pearls.204698/page-3']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-i-found-my-ruckus-pearls.204698/page-3[/URL]

Edited to Add Photos.

What the heck. Here you go seaurchin. :lol:

tring_9554.jpg

tring_9556.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl -- that is so unusual! It reminds me of the St. Louis Gateway Arch:

The colors are wonderful -- and the combination with your bracelet just beautiful.

Wear in health!

st_louis_gateway_0.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
What a unique ring design that is a treasure. This is one you can gaze at from all angles and see something different. It looks like it would be a lot of fun to wear. Enjoy your new beauty. I hope you post it you know where :mrgreen:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Fly girl. Gorgeous!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, bsomlo, 4Ranch Girl, and seaurchin. Yeah, 4RG. I dislike doing the same thing twice, so let me rest a bit first. ::)

When T first came out with this ring design, she fiddled around with it quite a bit. It turned out to be a surprisingly comfortable design to wear. The parabolic arch is such a pleasing shape, as you mention, bsomlo. T has also designed an elevation cuff bracelet that was a finalist in a design competition. Those are pearls on the inside of the bracelet.

the-elevation-cuff_crop-300x238.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
That is a very unique and lovely ring. The rose gold complements the pistachio pearl very well.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I have never seen anything like that! How cool.

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
so ingenious, so inspired, and it was like that design was MADE for that pearl! good eye, flygirl (and t lee designers!). the sapphires are just the icing on the cake. LOVE IT!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Now that is really really interesting ! What a unique take on a pearl ring ... I truly love it . What a wonderful designer and how great to have access to someone so talented. (and that bracelet with the pearls on the underside..well .. wow ! ) :appl: :appl: :appl:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
What a totally unique ring!!! I wish I could see T Lee designs in person. You have such beautiful pieces that they've made for you.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Swoon! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Wow!!! That has to be the most amazing pearl ring ever! Love the combination of the pearl, rose gold, and sapphires with that chic design! Congrats and enjoy!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! What a unique design! I like how the setting can protect the pearl from direct knocks (good for clumsy folks like me). Enjoy and wear in good health!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, another gorgeous and unusual design, Fly Girl. Very architectural, as bsomlo pointed out. I have to ask though about comfort during wear. Does the ring spin and twist? Does the pearl leave a mark on the finger after you've worn the ring for a while?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks gorgeous on you!

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Lovely ring, Fly Girl. I saw these earrings on Amazon this morning and thought of you. 8)

tara_pearls.jpg
Vendor image from TARA Pearls

Pretty_Shiny_Things

Rough_Rock
That's so unique Fly Girl :love: ! I'd be too scared to wear it though, lest I accidentally ding it on something and crack the pearl or hit someone in the eye with it.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is one for show and tell next summer :dance:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Kay|1417927182|3796892 said:
That is a very unique and lovely ring. The rose gold complements the pistachio pearl very well.
Thank you, Kay. Originally I considered the Embrace setting from PP for this pearl, but you already owned a spectacular pistachio Embrace ring, so I wanted to go in a different direction. I am wondering if you prefer the rose gold, or the yellow gold side of your ring?

Rosebloom said:
Wow! I have never seen anything like that! How cool.
Thank you, Rosebloom. I think it is a very cool setting, too.

juliebeth said:
so ingenious, so inspired, and it was like that design was MADE for that pearl! good eye, flygirl (and t lee designers!). the sapphires are just the icing on the cake. LOVE IT!
Thank you, juliebeth. I had this setting in the back of my mind for quite a while, and finally the right pearl came along. I would have been happy with an all metal setting, but yes, who could resist a bit more color and sparkle?

katbran said:
Now that is really really interesting ! What a unique take on a pearl ring ... I truly love it . What a wonderful designer and how great to have access to someone so talented. (and that bracelet with the pearls on the underside..well .. wow ! ) :appl: :appl: :appl:
Thank you very much, katbran. I was skeptical the first time T showed me this design, but she finally convinced me that it would work. As you can see, by now there are a lot of rings of this design out in the field. I would have been hesitant to own the very first one for fear it would be unstable. She is an amazing talent and I enjoy visiting her shop to see what new pieces are cooking.

pinkjewel said:
What a totally unique ring!!! I wish I could see T Lee designs in person. You have such beautiful pieces that they've made for you.
Thank you, pinkjewel. You can schedule a visit to T's shop if you ever visit Minneapolis. I recommend that you not come in January or February, however. Very cold. :((
LitGeek said:
Swoon! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Wow!!! That has to be the most amazing pearl ring ever! Love the combination of the pearl, rose gold, and sapphires with that chic design! Congrats and enjoy!
Thank you, LitGeek. It is a pretty ring, and a fun design, isn't it?

icy_jade said:
Wow!! What a unique design! I like how the setting can protect the pearl from direct knocks (good for clumsy folks like me). Enjoy and wear in good health!
Thank you, icy_jade. Yes, this is about as low as a pearl ring can sit, isn't it?

baby monster said:
Wow, another gorgeous and unusual design, Fly Girl. Very architectural, as bsomlo pointed out. I have to ask though about comfort during wear. Does the ring spin and twist? Does the pearl leave a mark on the finger after you've worn the ring for a while?
Thank you, baby monster. I wore it all day today, and no spinning or twisting. I think that the wide hoop that I chose helps to prevent spinning. There is a tiny dimple on the top of the finger where the pearl sits. I'm sure it will disappear in a few minutes.

This is a good design for people with large knuckles, such as myself. The space around the pearl gives a bit more room to slide over the knuckle than you have with a normal closed ring design. Then, the ring stays in place just fine. It is quite comfortable, just as T said it would be.

movie zombie said:
looks gorgeous on you!
Thank you, movie zombie.

mynattk said:
Lovely ring, Fly Girl. I saw these earrings on Amazon this morning and thought of you. 8)

tara_pearls.jpg
Vendor image from TARA Pearls
Thank you, mynattk. Great find. Those do look like a design match to my ring, don't they?

Pretty_Shiny_Things said:
That's so unique Fly Girl :love: ! I'd be too scared to wear it though, lest I accidentally ding it on something and crack the pearl or hit someone in the eye with it.
Thank you, Pretty_Shiny_Things. This is not the ring to wear with winter gloves, but I'm driving a car with a heated steering wheel now, so that helps! :)) Really, this pearl ring is no higher than any other pearl ring with a 9mm pearl. I just try to be careful.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Fly Girl, once again a piece of your collaborative jewelry leaves me breathless ... your new ring is unique and very beautiful !!! Earrings to coordinate in the future ??? One wonders what the coffee barista is going to say when he sees this one :)

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Fly girl, the ring is stunning! :love: :clap: The green color of the pearl beautifully contrasts the sapphires and the gold. Many of your T Lee pieces, including those on other threads, are beautiful. You are very fortunate to have easy access to such a jeweler.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another unique piece in your collection. Congrats! I can see how it would be fun to look at as you wear it!

katkashmir

Rough_Rock
What an unusual ring. It's quite striking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results