shape
carat
color
clarity

Synthetic garnet in old European cut

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Haven’t shown any of my gemstone collection for a while. I just recently received this one and I love it so much! It’s a synthetic garnet (cerium and neodymium YAG) that is used for medical lasers. Anton Grosoui (Vibratii on instagram) a gem cutter in the EU cut it for me in an old European cut. This cut really works well with this stone that has a high level of dispersion (splitting light into rainbows). The stone has a strong UV reaction/fluorescence that causes it to glow peach colored under UV lighting. Because of the strong fluorescence it doesn’t look as good in direct sunlight - it gets a milky green sort of appearance that is still interesting, but less eye catching. In indirect sunlight, shaded sunlight, and artificial lighting environments it just pops with bright color and dispersion rainbows. I took the rainbow dispersion video in the bathroom with the blinds mostly closed and took the outdoor video on a cloudy day which minimized the UV fluorescence and shows the color of the stone and the cut design well

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Haven’t shown any of my gemstone collection for a while. I just recently received this one and I love it so much! It’s a synthetic garnet (cerium and neodymium YAG) that is used for medical lasers. Anton Grosoui (Vibratii on instagram) a gem cutter in the EU cut it for me in an old European cut. This cut really works well with this stone that has a high level of dispersion (splitting light into rainbows). The stone has a strong UV reaction/fluorescence that causes it to glow peach colored under UV lighting. Because of the strong fluorescence it doesn’t look as good in direct sunlight - it gets a milky green sort of appearance that is still interesting, but less eye catching. In indirect sunlight, shaded sunlight, and artificial lighting environments it just pops with bright color and dispersion rainbows. I took the rainbow dispersion video in the bathroom with the blinds mostly closed and took the outdoor video on a cloudy day which minimized the UV fluorescence and shows the color of the stone and the cut design well

I love everything about this! I’ve been very YAG curious. Thank you for sharing

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I love everything about this! I’ve been very YAG curious. Thank you for sharing

Absolutely! I have been eyeing up YAG for a couple years and finally took the plunge!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results