shape
carat
color
clarity

Sweetheart vs Head Table

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
So I guess this will be a poll of sorts...

Do/did you have a sweetheart or head table?! Why or why not?!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
We had a head table, but this was 12 years ago. Sweetheart tables were only becoming popular at the time and moreso on the East Coast (as opposed to the West Coast, where I live).

Instead of a traditional head table, ours was of us, our parents and grandparents, to honor our families. Our bridal party then could sit at the tables together with their dates.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
We''re going to have a sweetheart table of sorts...I dont want a head table but I dont want to be all along with Fi at the table b/c I''ll feel to "watched" to eat. Our sweetheart/head table will consist of FI and I, our MOH and her Fi and his best man and his date.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally do not like the idea of sweetheart tables. We had a head table but b/c of the layout of the room and because we also didn''t want to feel like we were in a fish bowl, our head table was a round table (like all the others) in the center of the room. We did a dramatic centerpiece to set our table apart but it was great to feel surrounded by everyone.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2006 1:19:07 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I personally do not like the idea of sweetheart tables. We had a head table but b/c of the layout of the room and because we also didn't want to feel like we were in a fish bowl, our head table was a round table (like all the others) in the center of the room. We did a dramatic centerpiece to set our table apart but it was great to feel surrounded by everyone.
Ditto to everything you said! We had the same exact setup at our wedding and it was perfect. It was nice feeling like I was part of the crowd, instead of front-and-center and on display. Although the idea of a sweetheart table is romantic, we just preferred to spend as much time with our wedding party and guests as we possible.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 1:22:47 AM
Author: KristyDarling
Date: 11/8/2006 1:19:07 AM

Author: Tacori E-ring

I personally do not like the idea of sweetheart tables. We had a head table but b/c of the layout of the room and because we also didn''t want to feel like we were in a fish bowl, our head table was a round table (like all the others) in the center of the room. We did a dramatic centerpiece to set our table apart but it was great to feel surrounded by everyone.

Ditto to everything you said! We had the same exact setup at our wedding and it was perfect. It was nice feeling like I was part of the crowd, instead of front-and-center and on display. Although the idea of a sweetheart table is romantic, we just preferred to spend as much time with our wedding party and guests as we possible.

I agree it is perfect. It was fun to hangout with our wedding party! Besides DH and I USUALLY eat alone so I guess I don''t really see them as romantic. The few weddings I have been to with sweetheart tables looked akward to me.

BZ

Rough_Rock
Ok, this was ten years ago, but we also had a table in the center of the room. Parents, sibs (one had a date) and ourselves. We then sat the wedding party at three or four other tables with their spouses or dates. The reception was at a restaurant, so not the traditional tables of 8 or 10. In fact, some of the tables were only tables of 4.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
We''re having a sweetheart table
1.gif
. I''d like some alone time with FI and our bridal party is pretty big. 12 not counting us. And at least one member will be bringing a date who won''t know anyone but her bf and FI and I.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
We had the sweetheart table and I loved it. This way DH and I got a chance to just talk b/c we hadnt seen each other all day and well the ceremony isnt an actual conversation, and the rest of the night would be spent dancing and greeting guests. Plus we''d already spent tons of time with the fam and wedding party at the rehearsal, bridesmaids luncheon, getting ready, and boys golf outing.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Well, I want a sweetheart''s table for all the reasons Appletini just mentioned... Plus I''m really uncomfortable with the straight high table thing. Unfortunately, those straight high tables I am so dreading are the norm here, so I might have to have one to avoid conflicts. Bleh.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
We had a head table, but only DH and I and our parents sat there. I didnt like the idea that the bridal party wouldnt be able to sit with their SO/date/family. We probably spent a whole 30 minutes there... long enough to eat, after that we were up and about talking with everyone and dacing.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
We had a sweetheart table and I don''t regret it for a minute! It eliminated a lot of issues about who would sit at the "head table" and it gave us a chance to just be alone every now and then because the day is so draining!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
We sat at a table with our guests, but we only had one table at our wedding that seated 28, so it''s not quite the same.

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
we had a sweetheart table set up in the middle of the room. it worked out perfectly for us since it gave a chance to spend a little time together in the midst of the festivities. it didn''t feel like we were being "watched" at all. we were surrounded by round tables so some people were facing us, but others had their backs to us.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had a head table. I regret it somewhat because the wedding party couldn''t sit with their companions. I''ve been to weddings w/ a sweetheart table and that was nice, but what was even nicer was the wedding where the ''head table'' was just like any other, only it sat the bride, groom, wedding party and their companions.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
We''re planning on doing a sweetheart table because our wedding party is only the two of us, Fi''s brother (bm) and sister (MoH). If were were to all sit together, they each have two kids, so that''s 10 of us already. So we''re just doing the two of us in the middle.
1.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
See I also really want to do the sweetheart table for all the reasons that everyone has mentioned. I want to have some US time while we eat and everything to give us the chance to savour the moment and each other on OUR day. I think if we had a head table we wouldn't necessarily be able to do that....and I don't what our bridal party to feel odd either...I think the sweetheart table will be best for everyone.

So I think that's pretty much settled that I plan on doing the sweetheart table...how SWEET!
30.gif
hehe...

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 2:30:16 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I''ve been to weddings w/ a sweetheart table and that was nice, but what was even nicer was the wedding where the ''head table'' was just like any other, only it sat the bride, groom, wedding party and their companions.

That''s what I''m planning to do! Have a head table with the wedding party + dates

Katiemarie

Rough_Rock
i love the idea of having a table in the center surrounded by everybody....

and i also love the sweetheart table because you get some time alone with your loved one on a day thats supposed to be about the two of you :)

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I was MOH for a wedding that had a traditional head table, and it kinda sucked... NOT condusive to conversation at all (with everyone sitting all in a row), and awkward for my then-boyfriend (now fiance!) to have to sit on his own with strangers.

Since then, I''ve been to a fair amount of weddings that have done sweetheart tables, and a few where the bridal party all sat together at a table. Since we''ll have 11 people in the bridal party, adding dates would make it 22... which obviously wouldn''t work for one big table. So I think we''ll probably end up just scattering everyone amongst their friends and family, and doing the sweetheart table for just the two of us? Or maybe the two of us plus co-best men plus MOH plus dates? That would be 8 people... hmmmmm........

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I decided not to do the traditional head table after I was MOH for a friend who did it. I didn''t like it bc I could only talk to the person on my left and right, it was really hard to talk to anyone else, and I totally felt weird w/o my then FI, who sat at a diff table - I didn''t have any time w/him as it was, bc of all the bridal party stuff anyway!

We talked about have a round head table, w/our parents and DH''s sibs, but it got too complicated... so we just decided it was going to be the two of us. It was fun! And really, we didn''t sit there long anyway, just to have a bite to eat and chat a bit, then we were off socializing at the other tables anyway. It was nice having a moment to ourselves though! although, you should expect that ppl will come visit you anyway...
9.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for a sweetheart table. We had a smallish wedding (85 ppl) so I definitely didn''t feel watched. In fact, people were having a great time on their own and definitely didn''t fawn all over us. I put my bridesmaids and their dates with my other college friends so they could all catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results