shape
carat
color
clarity

Survived the rain forest and came back engaged!

Thebishop07

Rough_Rock
Last Sunday my girlfriend and I ventured to Costa Rica for some sun and to get away from it all. We planned a 4 city tour starting in San Jose, La Fortuna, Monteverde and ending it in Tamarindo. During our stay in La Fortuna which is where Arenal Volcano is located, we signed up for hiking the volcano and visiting the Hot Springs. My intial plan was to do it in a secluded area of the Hot Springs but no one ever sticks to their plan. During the hike, we made it to the highest/closet point to see the volcano and I was considering doing it there but decided to hold off. We begin our descent from the mountain and asked our tour guide what the green canopy was in the distance in which he responded, he takes couples there to get married or those who cannot complete the hike to the top of the lookout. An elderly couple with us took their time so the girlfriend and I with a newlywed couple head to this green canopy area and decide to take more pictures. They ask me and I oblige. When it was my girlfriend and my turn, I hand them my camera and I walk off to the side, open my bag and begin fumbling through it. My girlfriend thought I was looking for something to dry my head off and was getting a bit restless. I was trying to pull the box out which was hidden in 2 pairs of socks. The girlfriend starts looking away and begins stretching, I finally get it out and BAM! She was caught off guard not knowing what was happening, the newlywed couple is taking pictures of it all not realizing I was going to do this. She grabs me before I get down on one knee, holds me tight for 20 secs, playfully smacks me while crying. Still havent heard a "Yes", the newlywed couple with us is still taking pictures and all this time i heard him say, "isn't she supposed to say yes"... the couple thinking to themselves, maybe we should give them a moment... I finally grab her hand and throw it on her finger and she finally collects herself after 30 or so seconds and said, "YES!"

In all about 15 pics of it all but I'll cut it down.

Thank you pricescope and all the members for giving me a lot of insight on the diamond industry. You all are truly amazing and helped so many keep within budget. My buddy texted me and thought I may have dropped $15k on it, I told him much much less thanks to this forum.

Also biggest thanks to Yoni and Eternitydiamonds.com for making this wonderful custom setting! Everyone is amazed that it has 139 total diamonds at a 2.08 CTW... Appriased for $3000 more than I paid. You have made me the luckiest man on the planet!

proposal1.jpg

proposal5.jpg

proposal6.jpg

proposal8.jpg

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
congrats! you guys look very happy

Banyan

Rough_Rock
Cute story! And gorgeous ring :)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a fantastic story - and an amazing ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results