shape
carat
color
clarity

Super ideal cut online dealers

d3rosa

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am in the process of getting an engagement ring for my partner.

How many online dealers are widely regarded as 'Super ideal cut' dealers?
Are their prices pretty much the same?
Would those 'near super ideal cut' diamonds (JA true heart for example) cost significantly less?

Will a 'F' 'VS1' guarantees me an 'eye clean' stone?

Cheers,

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
d3rosa|1470919503|4064711 said:
Hi all,

PSers would recommend WhiteFlash, Brian Gavin Diamond, Crafted by Infinity, Good Old Gold, and Victor Canera -- all of these vendors are online and carry top-quality "super ideal" round brilliant signature lines.

Pricing would be roughly similar if comparing diamonds of almost identical specs, though sometimes there can be a difference of several hundred dollars depending on the market conditions on the date(s) the diamonds were actually added to each vendor's inventory.

Would those 'near super ideal cut' diamonds (JA true heart for example) cost significantly less?
Near-super-ideal diamonds can cost quite a bit less than actual super-ideal-cut diamonds, because in fact they were not cut to super ideal proportions. If you cherry-picked a top-quality near-super-ideal, most people would not be able to see (by eye alone) a difference between it and a super ideal if set side-by-side; and while diamond experts and diamond aficionados might be able to see a difference with careful visual inspection, depending on the pair you are comparing, the difference may not be appreciable enough to make a difference in terms of overall performance.

A GIA or AGS clarity grading of VS1 should guarantee an eye-clean stone but it is always advisable to check any diamond's plot map and inclusion list and to inspect the photos/videos/actual diamond yourself to make sure it is eye-clean to you.

Cheers,

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have found Whiteflash's A Cut Above offers the best pricing and wide selections among super ideal brands. Combined with excellent customer service and upgrade policy, WF is my first choice if I ever consider going with a branded super ideal cut.

I have never found James Allens True Hearts attractive. There is nothing wrong the cut. But it's just the overall package. They should at least offer better upgrade policy on True Hearts branded stones to justify 25% premium they charge. Sure, you save a bit by going with JA TH. But I rather spend a tiny bit more to get full protection and package from Whiteflash ACA or Expert Series.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually use Whiteflash because they have the best selection and usually pricing, but I have also bought from Good Old Gold (Ascendancy) and would take a look at High Performance Diamonds Crafted by Infinity line. Bottom line, look for what you want and go for the lowest price.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Eye clean" refers to the clarity of the diamond and you need to be sure what each vendor's definition of that is. Whiteflash label their ACA diamonds as such if they are which I found very helpful when choosing mine. In some cases you will easily be able to go down as far as Si1. Colour is a different thing and people vary in their ability to detect it, G-I diamonds are described as near colourless and personally I cannot see colour in an I.

d3rosa

Rough_Rock
marymm|1470925445|4064741 said:
d3rosa|1470919503|4064711 said:
Hi all,

PSers would recommend WhiteFlash, Brian Gavin Diamond, Crafted by Infinity, Good Old Gold, and Victor Canera -- all of these vendors are online and carry top-quality "super ideal" round brilliant signature lines.

Pricing would be roughly similar if comparing diamonds of almost identical specs, though sometimes there can be a difference of several hundred dollars depending on the market conditions on the date(s) the diamonds were actually added to each vendor's inventory.

Near-super-ideal diamonds can cost quite a bit less than actual super-ideal-cut diamonds, because in fact they were not cut to super ideal proportions. If you cherry-picked a top-quality near-super-ideal, most people would not be able to see (by eye alone) a difference between it and a super ideal if set side-by-side; and while diamond experts and diamond aficionados might be able to see a difference with careful visual inspection, depending on the pair you are comparing, the difference may not be appreciable enough to make a difference in terms of overall performance.

A GIA or AGS clarity grading of VS1 should guarantee an eye-clean stone but it is always advisable to check any diamond's plot map and inclusion list and to inspect the photos/videos/actual diamond yourself to make sure it is eye-clean to you.

Cheers,

Wow, thank you so much for the detailed reply.
I have also found the following comments on the net:

When I search for an ideal cut diamond on behalf of clients, I tend to conduct my search in this order:
Brian Gavin Signature hearts and arrows diamonds
Crafted by Infinity hearts and arrows diamonds
Victor Canera hearts and arrows diamonds
James Allen Diamonds
Enchanted Diamonds
Ritani
Blue Nile
B2C Jewels
Zoara
I find the quality of hearts and arrows diamonds offered by Victor Canera to be better than the James Allen True Hearts diamonds that I’ve seen, but not quite up to the production standards of Brian Gavin or Crafted by Infinity. So Victor Canera is my third choice when it comes to diamond cut quality… If I haven’t found what I’m looking for by that point, then I check out James Allen, then I venture over to Enchanted Diamonds, and then Ritani.
Blue Nile
B2C Jewels
Zoara

Brian Gavin Diamond, Crafted by Infinity, Victor Canera are all ranked pretty high on the list but is there a reason why WhiteFlash and Good Old Gold not mentioned at all?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results