shape
carat
color
clarity

Sunstone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Little Monster

Shiny_Rock
I know sunstone is not one of the hardest gemstones, but is it still wearable as jewelery?

I am interested in a stone for a bezel-set ring... I like the bezel setting on its own so the added protection for the stone is an added bonus.

Question is... would a bezel-set sunstone work as a ring? We''re not talking 24/7 wear, but also not something to be left in a jewelery box & only worn on special occasions...

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
It would take some careful setting. But it should be okay as long as you are careful with it and don''t plan on wearing it 24/7.
Are you looking at a specific sunstone?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setter has to know what he is doing and be extremely skilled (not just with diamonds or sapphires) to bezel set a sunstone. And yes, a sunstone is wearable if worn with care occasionally.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not bezel a sunstone. The probability of chipping it is too high, and I doubt many jewelers would even take on the task.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results