carat
color
clarity

Summer Movie Blockbusters 2017

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:
So what is on everyone's watch list? We've seen Guardians of the Galaxy and plan on seeing Pirates of the Caribbean. And The Mummy.

You?

cheers--Sharon

Q

Queenie60

"The Promise" - movie about the Armenian Genocide, pre-ordered on Xfinity

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Captain Underpants...my kids are excited to see it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just saw Guardians last week and loved it. Hope to see Pirates next month. I have been taking advantage of the AT&T bring a friend Tuesdays to make it more affordable. Either DH or DS goes with. The Mummy looks cool too. I missed John Wick 2 at the theater but have to have the Bluray anyway. We only do big action movies at the theater, not chick flicks or other ones that aren't worth paying for the big screen.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I go to the movies a lot! We saw Guardians of the Galaxy and loved it. I want to see Bay Watch this weekend (two hunky shirtless men? Yes please! :whistle:) and Pirates of the Caribbean.

I can't wait for Wonder Woman to come out. I'm hoping to convince my mom to see it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We saw Guardians of the Galaxy. I want to see the new Despicable Me too.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another one waiting for Wonder Woman - did see Guardians 2 and loved it - also looking forward to Spiderman: Homecoming - haven't seen any of the prior Wolverine movies but am intrigued by the trailers for Wolverine 3... I love summer movies!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

So far Guardians seems to be a hit with PS'ers!

cheers--Sharon

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw Pirates with DS. I liked it as well as the others and better than On Stranger Tides. Always love Johnny Depp.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Loved Guardians and Wonder Woman. I'm REALLY excited for Baby Driver.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Enjoyed Pirates ot C. :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently saw Loving, about a mixed race couple's struggle to have their marriage recognised in their home state.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We watched Despicable Me 3 yesterday and followed it up with a round of mini golf (date night :kiss:). The movie was adorable and funny. I definitely recommend it with or without kids.

I missed out on seeing Pirates of the Caribbean. The movies are being shuffled out of our local theaters so quickly now. I guess I'll have to catch that one when it comes out on DVD. At least I still got to see Wonder Woman. That was a kick a** movie!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We watched Despicable Me 3 yesterday and followed it up with a round of mini golf (date night :kiss:). The movie was adorable and funny. I definitely recommend it with or without kids.

I missed out on seeing Pirates of the Caribbean. The movies are being shuffled out of our local theaters so quickly now. I guess I'll have to catch that one when it comes out on DVD. At least I still got to see Wonder Woman. That was a kick a** movie!

Sorry you missed Pirates. I really did not enjoy the last few in the franchise, but this one was very good. I look forward to Minions!

cheers--Sharon

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw Wonder Woman. Not bad. Loved all the strong women in it.

It wasn't perfect, but overall, there were only a few things I didn't like. I am especially sensitive to women not really looking like they can fight it irks me to no end. But the action scenes were spot on (OK the ones I saw at least - I did *briefly* fall asleep. ::) but that was not the movie's fault, I was just exhausted.) There was one part when WW was running and dodging bullets that she looked a little weak how she was doing it. But otherwise, the women were solid.

I did find it a bit slow at times, maybe especially in the beginning when they were explaining/giving the backstories.

Robin Wright (Claire from HoC) was amazing. I kept fearing I would just see Claire come through - but nope - it was if I had never seen her play Claire before. I really love this actress.

And Wonder Woman herself. Wow. Gorgeous. Charming. Sexy. And likable. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of her.

So I wouldn't rave about it like a lot of the reviews did - but it was like a 7 maybe even an 8. And that's a lot for me to say about a Super Hero movie, since more and more I am tiring of them. It was waaaaaaay better than a lot of the Xmen.

ETA I am so looking forward to seeing the Minions! I wouldn't go to the movie theater to see it, but can't wait to watch it at home. They are so cute and funny.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results