shape
carat
color
clarity

suggestions...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Well, now that we have finally started actually planning for our wedding (!!!!!) I need some help. We have a very small budget and we have managed to find a venue for the ceremony and reception that will fit. I have an appointment to see a dressmaker that can make the kind of dress I want for 200-300 dollars(YEAH!) and we aren''t getting charged extra for renting tables, chairs, linens, placesettings... Our problem now is finding an affordable photographer. Even looking online without saying the magic word (wedding), quotes we''re finding are still starting at about $1500, This would totally put us over budget. I would love our pics to be like a former co-workers album, but the quotes for the photographer she used for a basic package is like $1900.

I''m in Boston, so does any know of, or has anyone used, anyone in this area (or can travel) who was affordable?

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Nyme- Here''s a few suggestions from someone who''s not in your area: Have you tried craig''slist.com? They have several folks in the wedding industry looking for work. A second recommendation- visit some of your local colleges- many good ones around the Boston area and talk to someone in the Art Dept. This is some wonderful work being done by college students- and if you booked one for a photo shoot to test it out you can see his/her style. Many are working to build portfolios and will do this much cheaper than a "wedding photographer." I have worked on college campuses for the last 6 years and learned to use the talent we have with our students! It''s what I''ll be doing once my fella pops the question!

SarFarSuperstar

Shiny_Rock
I''m getting married in Boston (Quincy) in October and we are paying an arm and a leg for our photographer (www.philbrickphoto.com)! However, we were able to negotiate with him (dropped the price a few hundred dollars for getting rid of the second photographer). I second caligal''s suggestion for looking at local colleges. One of my good friends is a photography student at NU and does amazing work (she did our engagement photos for the cost of film and developing!). I''m sure you could find a very qualified amateur photographer, especially with all the arts schools in the area. Good luck!

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
I never thought about that... thank you so much! Ian went to art school and didn''t even think of that. Guess I''ll look up some schools and try to meet with some students, or check craig''s list.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results