shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TopShoTTa

Rough_Rock
I posted awhile back regarding this same issue. I have a 1.043 ct. AGS Triple 0 H&A, H, SI1 stone set in a Vatche X setting. The engagement I bought this for years ago didn''t work out. I''ve since moved on and am planning on getting engaged this coming August. The jeweler I bought the stone and setting from will give me approx. $4100 for the stone - I''m obviously going to lose the setting or sell on ebay for cheap. I tried selling the ring as is on ebay once with no luck. I thought of trying once more on ebay and putting a start bid of $4800. I don''t know - anyone have any advice?

I want to buy something bigger and I''m not really keen on using the current stone for anything else.
My future purchase is going to be a 1.5ct. stone of similar quality.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What did you pay for the diamond and ring when it was bought new?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Although this discussion is on point, and may be helpful, having reviewed it, and tried to understand how it will apply to your circumstance, I''m not sure how to apply the info. For example, it looks like the cost of getting a new diamond with similar criteria should be about$6K. You''ve been offered 2/3 of that. Not sure how to compare those other market baskets referred to in the link. Off the top, 2/3 doesn''t sound too bad to me, but, clearly, it''s not my money. Also, mentioned in the link, is the idea that seems most logical, is going to take advantage of a trade in opportunity, with whatever you may next want to get. Still...I''m not sure, in that circumstance, how much better you could do than recover the $4100 you''ve been offered.

Best wishes,

TopShoTTa

Rough_Rock
I believe I paid around $6800-$7000 for the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results