shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions on selling my 5 stone LM ring!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Guys - I have never sold any jewelry before and am asking for all the experts here, as I have seen many of you sell their beloved jewels. Please let me know your thoughts. Many thanks! PS I am listed on LT~ :)

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Emeraldcutlover! I have been admiring your ring and if I had unlimited funds, I would have bought it myself! It is beautiful and classic.

For a big-ticket item like your ring, the pool of buyers is small. Unless you are willing to drastically reduce the price, it will take some time to find a buyer. However, there are things that you can do to make your listing more attractive.

• Pictures. Clear, in-focus pictures in a variety of lighting conditions and from different angles will help.
  • Information. Any specifics you're willing to provide, like the GIA report, when you bought it and how much you paid, are optional but help sell the item. If you could find comparables for the center stone, that will also help potential buyers evaluate your price. Your listing is missing the ring size, too, which is very important.
  • Get help from a professional. Jewels by Grace and Good Old Gold both offer consignment services. In exchange for a percentage of the sale, they can help you evaluate and market your ring, and take better pictures. They can also help facilitate the transfer of funds. Alternately, some appraisers such as Dave Atlas offer pre-sale reports that can reassure buyers of what they're getting.

I think there have been prior threads about how to sell diamonds and jewelry, too. Doing a search may turn up more helpful tips.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds have fallen in price lately, so people are looking for well priced stones. Grace is a viable option if you are willing to wait, I have things consigned with her and even then I keep dropping the price until something sells, the same with LT. You have to balance if you are in a hurry to sell the item with the price you are willing to accept for it.

Your setting is beautiful, but your stone might also sell faster if you do decide to consign it with Grace, without the setting.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Emeraldcutlover: the advice others have given you should be very helpful in selling your ring; it does seem like you need to have it in the right hands so as to get to the right audience.

Also, you have opened multiple threads on this ring when according to the rules of Preloved, you really can only have one open and active. Don't worry, its easy to rectify! First, take a look at the 3 or 4 open threads you have on this ring and decide which should be closed. Then open each thread you want closed, and hit "report concern" button on the top right side of the thread. This will open a message screen which will go the Moderator and you can explain that you have started multiple threads in error, and could they please close them for you. That's it, they should do the rest!

Good luck on the sale - it truly has pretty proportions. :))

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I think it would be helpful to have a link, so people don't have to wade around in LT . . .

I've had more luck with diamond bistro, myself, but your item is high end, so maybe Erica Grace?

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for all the helpful hints! I truly appreciate it. I did as you suggested and closed dow the multiple threads. I could only find 3 (lol, 3 too many)!!! but did request that they be removed except for the most recent one with the new price.

I don't think it's worth for me to list w Grace etc, as I did have a few things with her and sadly, they did not sell and then I needed to pay the fee to take them back (all normal protocol). If, this did not sell, I would then be losing more money with having to pay a fee. Therefore, I just don't think it's worth it for me and I would not be offering the ring for $27,999 if listed with her - it would have to be over the $30k mark for sure. I did pay over $30k for it, so maybe it's not worth selling it. The stone itself would sell around $25k Grace said when we last spoke. It is a large size for a 2.31 (7.06 x 9.98) and shows more like a 3ct. That setting alone is approximately $7,000. with the stones and to remake it. It is eye clean and very bright white, being an F color. The main stone is GIA certified. All the side stones are F and those are all VS and picked by Leon himself.

The ring is a size 6 SNUG but can be resized per Leon. Leon had this ring listed on his site last year for $45,000! I pulled it, as my husband wanted me to keep it and to just reset it. So that is the scoop! I will add some better photos and GIA info, with the link again attached. Thank you again for all of your help everyone. Good advice is always appreciated. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results