shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions for Right Hand Ring gift?

fofolala

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

There is no rush on this (like, I wanna buy this in the next 1y), but I'm looking for a daily wear right hand ring to buy for my wife. budget is sub-3k.

Googling gets me all sorts of weird and crazy rings, and I really don't have a sense of what is reasonable and appropriate and most people would not find ostentatious or unusual.

For comparison, her wedding set below is all she wears currently on her left hand.

Can people post their daily-wear R hand rings or any suggestions for elegant, classic, timeless pieces? I'm kind of lost.

IMG_20170704_091118.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right hand ring styles are all over the map... the only real restrictions are wearability, and the fact that most women don't want a right hand ring that looks like a traditional engagement ring.

You'll have to do some thinking about your wife's likes and dislikes, sense of style, and lifestyle (activity levels) to narrow down the range of options a bit. If you happen to do your thinking here... well, we might be able to help. ;))

By the way, one of the most important questions to ask yourself is whether she'd want to wear this ring on a daily basis, or is she more likely to take it out for special occasions, or when she goes to work. Also, are you thinking of a diamond ring, or is there a colored gemstone she'd particularly like?

Normally I'd also suggest that you ask the admins to move your thread to Rocky Talky or SMTB or Hangout, since those subs get more traffic, but... With that might not be necessary now, with the "new posts" feature. We shall see!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be.. although looking at her wedding set, it looks more vintage-y than the example you posted. Which might actually be a good thing if she wants a contrast. If you google moi et toi rings, that should find more of that sort of style for you.
If she's a doctor, maybe a band like CVB's Riviera or an engraved band would be easier to wear under gloves? Actually she has a number of bands and 5-7 stone rings which might be good RHR options.
Also I'd look at Erika Winters as well. Her bands and rings are beautiful and understated.

fofolala

Rough_Rock
yes! i've been looking for a name for that look. thank you :)

I'll take a look at CvB closely, but my honest opinion is her stuff seems to be the flavor de jour... it seems to be one of the most common brandnames i see on loupetroop. i had never heard of erika winters, so thank you for that as well!

cheers
fofo

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
fofolala said:
yes! i've been looking for a name for that look. thank you :)

I'll take a look at CvB closely, but my honest opinion is her stuff seems to be the flavor de jour... it seems to be one of the most common brandnames i see on loupetroop. i had never heard of erika winters, so thank you for that as well!

cheers
fofo
You're welcome! You do realise you will have to come back and post pictures of what you got for her when you've given it to her? ;)2
CvB is flavour of the month because she does beautiful work and seems to have a real gift for helping people realise a vision sometimes they don't quite know they had - so she IS popular for good reason.
I've long ogled Erika Winters bands as a possible wedding band but I wanted two tone. I'm still a super fan of her bands - that brushed finish :love: there's a few people with them around - Mayk comes to mind as having a couple of them and also I think Yssie has some as well as her ridiculously gorgeous Margot solitaire. I've got the Lily and Viola on my wishlist for anniversaries.
Anyway TL;DR, please come back and show us whatever you get.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results