carat
color
clarity

Suggestions for a Pendant

Sakuramickey

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a pendant for daily use. I am not entirely sure what’s the best size to buy. I wear a 2tcw pair of earrings, eternity band and Cartier bangles as daily use. I don’t want to spend too much on a pendant. I tried 0.50ct once and thought it was too small. And 1ct is just too much for a pendant. What would be a good size for daily use? May be I just need to try 0.5ct again?

Any suggestions?

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve always liked 0.5ct, but if you think it’s too small maybe try the 0.60-0.75ct Diamond pendant range, big enough to be seen and sparkle like mad, but not so ‘in your face’ big!
What an exciting prospect, hope you find your dream pendant.
I really like minimal settings or bezel set (practical too for everyday wear).

Happy searching

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sakuramickey

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your suggestions! I would love to have a 1ct pendant but it’s too expensive :cry2: hence looking for a smaller one. I will try 0.5 and 0.75ct

Is 4prongs settings not safe for daily use?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your suggestions! I would love to have a 1ct pendant but it’s too expensive :cry2: hence looking for a smaller one. I will try 0.5 and 0.75ct

Is 4prongs settings not safe for daily use?

I think 4 prongs is totally safe for a pendant, it's just an aesthetic choice :)

Sakuramickey

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Another question,

All my diamond jewelry are of round cut. However I kinda like the pear cut. Would pear cut diamond look nice as a pendant? Would it go well with round cut earrings?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my pear pendant. It's .79ct with a double halo of 3 pt stones. The photo is with my approx. 2ctw studs. I like my jewelry substantial, but before I did the double halo, I had a single halo, and I think it looked beautiful and would appeal to most people. Pears are cheaper than rounds, so you would probably save a bit. And, obviously, I think rounds and pears look wonderful together!

20181026_161135.jpg

Here's a beautiful setting idea which would look wonderful on a pendant! NB the halo stones are graduated in size.

Graduated pear halo.jpeg

And here's 2 photos of it with a single halo.

20170408_152012_resized copy.jpg

20170408_151845_resized copy.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I generally like the pendant diamond to be equal to one stud or just a little larger. I don't think 1 ct is too large at all for someone wearing 2ctw studs. I had a .80 pendant and felt it looked too small with my studs that were a little over a carat each, so I haven't worn it and plan to reset. I definitely think a half carat would look too small compared to your studs.

But if you want a halo, that will boost size appearance a lot. I love the halo pear pendants Mrs B posted. I think halos are slightly more dressy than a solitaire round (prong set or bezel), though. I prefer a halo on a pear.

Sakuramickey

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is my pear pendant. It's .79ct with a double halo of 3 pt stones. The photo is with my approx. 2ctw studs. I like my jewelry substantial, but before I did the double halo, I had a single halo, and I think it looked beautiful and would appeal to most people. Pears are cheaper than rounds, so you would probably save a bit. And, obviously, I think rounds and pears look wonderful together!

20181026_161135.jpg

Here's a beautiful setting idea which would look wonderful on a pendant! NB the halo stones are graduated in size.

Graduated pear halo.jpeg

And here's 2 photos of it with a single halo.

20170408_152012_resized copy.jpg

20170408_151845_resized copy.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you for the pictures.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say wear what you want and what you think looks best! No one is going to come up to you and say your pendant is not proportional to your earrings or vice versa! If a 1ct is out of budget right now though, it might be best to go with a diamond from a company with a great and flexible upgrade policy so you could get to your ultimate size goal as funds allow. You could start a thread in RockyTalky for suggestions!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say wear what you want and what you think looks best! No one is going to come up to you and say your pendant is not proportional to your earrings or vice versa! If a 1ct is out of budget right now though, it might be best to go with a diamond from a company with a great and flexible upgrade policy so you could get to your ultimate size goal as funds allow. You could start a thread in RockyTalky for suggestions!

Agree with all of this - especially the upgrade policy idea.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, I have used that Whiteflash upgrade policy a few times myself to gradually get larger studs! I have a mind clean pair now (in size and specs), and any larger might look like too much for my lifestyle. I would have never thought I'd end up with almost 1.3 cts per ear at the outset. That's the great thing about upgrading gradually...you can get used to a size and increase by small increments to adjust to a larger size!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results