shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggest Wedding Dresses with This Shape???

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know of a dress similar to this Pnina Tornai gown? I'm going to renew my vows and I'm really stuck on this dress. Pnina no longer makes it and even then I would pretty much never spend that kind of money on one. I'm not really stuck on this exact dress as much as the shape. I love how it is fitted to the body and then the tulle just drops away (not like a fit and flare or mermaid style). I havent' seen anything else quite like this so if you know of something similar I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

pnina.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
That's pretty. I recognize it from an episode of Say Yes to the Dress where the bride brought it in as a photo because she too was in love with it. They had her try on another Pnina that had the same shape but the beading was different, but she didn't love the beading as much. Pnina agreed to make her the dress from the picture, but it had to be paid for up front, so I'm sure that's an option if you really love it!

Here are some David's Bridal ones that have a simliar look:
http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product...Bodice-CWG546_Bridal-Gowns-Features-All-Gowns

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product...plique-CPK512_Bridal-Gowns-Features-All-Gowns

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aire Barcelona has more gowns with a drop waist silhouette than without. I'm not sure you will find the silver crystals though. They do have embellishments that you can purchase by way of belts, etc.

Their fabrics are very soft and fall off the body very nicely. My gown was layer after layer of the softest, most beautiful lace I'd ever seen. It fell like a dream.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might also check into dress makers in your area. They might be able to custom make something for you that is like the picture.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your reply! I'm not so much in love with the beading as much as I love the drop waist with the combo of the tull. I keep seeing gowns with dropped waist but no tulle similar to this. I will keep up the search.

audball

Ideal_Rock
SB621|1372301250|3472970 said:
Thanks everyone for your reply! I'm not so much in love with the beading as much as I love the drop waist with the combo of the tull. I keep seeing gowns with dropped waist but no tulle similar to this. I will keep up the search.
Gotcha! I thought it was more about the beading. Let me think on it!

ETA: I put "dropped waist tulle gown" in the search bar on pinterest and TONS came up, including your inspiration picture. May be a good place to start!

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
I'm wearing a Christina Rossi gown (the #985), and there was one I spotted on her website that might fit the bill? Its style #4105EY, tulle over taffeta. The skirt might be a little too floofy for the sihlouette you're after though?

(I pulled the photo off of a replica site, hence the bodgy watermark)

4105ey.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
SB621|1373391855|3479752 said:
vc10um|1373056148|3477780 said:

Oh thank you VC- are you back from France? Did you love it?

I think the watters one is closely to what I want. I wonder if they could alter it for a strapless sweetheart neckline. Good find!

I am back and I did love it! Our little apartment in Montmarte was fabulous and I started every day off with a pain au chocolat, what could be better? Missed out on going to the top of the Eiffel Tower b/c the workers were on strike, but did climb the Arc. Also visited Cartier. Only for a few moments because we got a late start, but I got to try on trinity bands in Paris! :love: (DH is under direction to get me one for our 3rd anni/my 30th birthday next June.) And the crepes! Gah! SO GOOD. So.Much.Nutella. Best part, though, was our daytrip to Monet's gardens at Giverny. He's my favorite artist and walking into his paintings was just amazing.

Glad I was able to help! I love that Watters Dress. My sister is wearing one of their gowns in her wedding in May and the quality is fabulous. I hope they can do some alterations for you, or you find a seamstress who can! :D

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
SB, your inspiration dress looks to be quite fitted all the way down with tulle over top. Maybe you could find a fitted dress and have the tulle added.

HYJane

Rough_Rock
I am getting married this year and have seen such a beautiful dress that i like but is out of my price range. So I took a picture of that dress and sent it to a dress maker online http://www.inweddingdress.com , luckily they could make it for me and I also made some alterations, adding buttons on the zipper, flower on the sash.

f1.jpg

_8218.jpg

_8219.jpg

img_1349270830_935.jpg

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
SB - have you checked Sophia Tolli? She has a dress called 'Poppy' that is similar. Description: Precious lace appliqués layered throughout this unique misty tulle A-line style add a touch of elegance. Poppy also offers a subtly scooped strapless neckline draped with tulle. Gentle hand-beading, lace appliques and diamond tulle throughout the dropped waist bodice and down the full skirt with chapel length train create a sparkling effect. A corset back closure and removable straps add the finishing touches.

http://sophiatolli.com/wedding-dresses/y21371/?fc=

It comes in colours other than the one shown in the picture.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
whoops - zombie thread! I wonder what the OP went with in the end!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results