shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggest best jeans for curvy body---

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I''m looking to get some new figure flattering jeans this year. I always have trouble finding jeans that actually look good. I''m not that tall 5''4". I have around 37.5 inch hips and about a 28 inch waist. Most jeans tend to gap at the waist or be too tight in the thighs. I normally wear a 10 in dress pants, but for jeans it can be 8-12 depending on the style. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I have found that the INC International Concepts brand that is carried by Macy''s and other department stores, is great for a curvy figure. Attached is a pic of one of their spring jeans at www.macys.com

thinkinc.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a curvy body as well...I have found for me the best thing to do is invest $$ in expensive well-made jeans rather than the $50 or $60 at Express or other stores where they don't fit as well and/or last as long.

My favorite jeans for curvy bodies are Blue Cult and AG (Adriano Goldschmied) Jeans. They both run between $110-$170 each.

I tried Seven jeans when they were all the rage and I am just too curvy for them, IMO they look better on girls who don't have curves, and are more thin or straight bodied.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE AG Jeans, they are my fave...I have worn them for the last 2 years.

Some say that AG and Blue Cult are both excellent for 'butt lifting' properties..don't know that I have found that but maybe for some it's true.

Also I find that jeans with some stretch to them, aka 1% or 2% lycra are a must for my body...the 100% cotton jeans just don't give and then they end up looking boxy on my curves and that's not what I want at all.

One way to alleviate the wallet pain of the more expensive jeans is to find the styles in teh store, try them on and then go on eBay and try to find them for less. We got a great pair of AG (my first) in NYC about 2 years ago where we paid retail, and then I found them in an outlet store a year later for $50. So I had two pairs! different washes. Then I tried on a pair of the AG Legend jeans in a store and lucked out finding them online for $75 when retail was $140! and just recently I found another Legend pair (slightly diff style than last year) at Nordstroms in my size on the clearance rack for $75! SCORE!
31.gif

So that's how I've lucked out with some of my more pricey jeans, though I did pay retail for a few pairs also.

Oh edited to add: My girlfriend has a curvy body, bigger hips with smaller waist (where I am more of an apple with shorter boxier waist and bigger butt), and she LOVES the Paper, Denim and Cloth jeans, again a more expensive brand. She has AG too I think, but PDC are her faves. I think shopbop.com carries AG, Blue Cult and PDC if you want to check out the styles online!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Mara--thanks for the advice on jeans. I had been wondering if the designer jeans were worth the extra money. I have several of the $50-60 pairs from Express and I''m never really happy. I could live with $125 for jeans that really fit!

I was looking on the shopbop site and it''s really hard to tell how they would fit...finding them in a store first would be super ideal...unfortunately I''d have to travel to Chicago (about 2 hours away) to try on designer jeans. I have a very hourglass sort of figure--my measurements are pretty much right on the 38-28-38 range..give or take an inch. Maybe, I''ll have to add jean shopping to my next Chicago trip. Thanks for the ideas on using ebay.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I know what you mean.. I am 5''3 and have very ''heavy'' thighs, but my waist and is smaller. I have found that my ''favorite'' jeans have come from Aeropostle. They have just enough stretch in the thighs. Try Mossimo from Target as well. I hate when I have to buy new jeans.... hmmmm. matter a fact that may be coming up too soon....
28.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I'm 5'5", approx. 30" waist 40" hips, (I feel like I'm writing a personals ad...
23.gif
), and I wear Arizona (JC Penneys brand) non-stretch low-rise flare leg jeans. Don't flare out at the waist like most other jeans do on me (My body matches my diamond - a pear!! Ha!). Plus, Penneys is always having a sale, so the jeans are almost always discounted, making them only $20 sometimes!

Do you prefer regular waist or low-rise jeans?

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
I have the same problem with jeans! They are either too tight in the hips or too big in the waist! AAAAACCCKKKKK!
emotion-39.gif
I have found the jeans that fit the best are Victoria Secrets London classic fit jeans. They come in 3 different lengths, which is nice because I have fairly long legs too!

Maybe someday jean manufacturers will get the hint that most women have HIPS and a WAIST. We are not straight up and down.
emcrook.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Well, I tried the AG Jeans Angel and Legend jeans through Revolveclothing.com. The service was great...no shipping cost or shipping return cost. When I pulled the jeans out of the box they were so soft. Unfortunately, my body type did not like either style too well. Both rises were 7.5 inches which made me feel like I would be endlessly pulling them up. I normally like low-rise, but not really low. I think the legend jeans would look great if I could get a rise around 8.5 inches. So, back to the drawing board for me.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE Levis 515 stretch jeans. I usually get them at Kohls for $25-30 depending on the sale.

I am a total pear and also have the gap in the waist or too tight in the thighs problem. These are great. Just enough stretch for a tailored fit, but very comfy and i dont feel like my thighs are going to rip the sems apart. Also no gap in the back at the waist, but i usually wear a belt anyways. The raise for me is just right. Not too high and not too low.

http://www.us.levi.com/spr05a/levi/prod/l_prod.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374305312503&bmUID=1112891367543

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Island, the Legend is my fave, I have two pairs of that style..I find that each year/season their style of that name is different though so a Legend from year to year is not the same exactly. They have various cuts within as style. Also mine seem to have higher rises than 7.5"...I don't like the super low rise...I think mine are more like 8.5" or something. I like their bootcut styles as well. Oh and the stretch is a MUST for me!! Can't wear 100% cotton/denim jeans...just not right for my body shape.

Edited to add: Check out these sale Angel ones at ShopBop...8" rise w/stretch and 50% off! Hmmm.
http://store.shopbop.com/item.jsp?item=AG90&category=AG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe I just ordered another pair of Charlotte pants (in white)...I called and asked about them being see through and they said they were definitely not and they had people call and ask the same thing so I guess alot of people are wondering the same thing!

I also got these jeans:

http://store.shopbop.com/item.jsp?item=AG76&category=AG

Since for $32.50 that is just an amazing deal, and if they do not fit or I do not like them, I can always resell them on eBay for at least what I paid. But if they do work out, that is such a steal, I had to try them!! Normally I like darker washes but I figure I need to branch out for summer.
9.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Mara--thanks for the link to the sale jeans. Unfortunately they were sold out by the time I got there.

I might just have to try the Kohls Levi 515 jeans.....

I saw that target.com has customized jeans now. You enter your measurements and then pick how you want your jeans to fit...they even give you choices on your booty and thigh shapes. All for $34.99. Has anyone tried this yet?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow maybe I got the last pair!! I will have to see if they email me when it ships...funny, after I placed the order and went back to the link to post it here, it still showed they had the size left...

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Mara--they still showed the size left, but when I tried to put it in the basket it gave me the OUT of Stock notice then...... Lucky you on getting the last pair! Now, I notice it says out of stock on the screen with the description. Man, I'm going to have to get faster!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha it was random luck I saw that today since I saw your post re: 7.5" rise and figured I would see if ShopBop had any 8 or 8.5" rise..and lo and behold the $32.50 special in my size! So guess we will see. If they don''t work out for me, I can sell them to you..hehe.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I buy men''s Levis (they sit on a woman''s hips but not too low) and have them tailored to my body''s curves. Result? Awesome jeans.
9.gif
Cost? $35-45 for the Levis + $25 for tailoring (taking in seat & legs, molding hips, tucking waist).

1.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Jennifer...you must have a really good tailor!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2005 10:38:47 AM
Author: IslandDreams
Jennifer...you must have a really good tailor!
LOL...he loves me almost as much as my jeweler does!
30.gif
2.gif

dutchgirl

Rough_Rock
GAP bootcut jeans fit me the best. I''m 5''4 with a small waist and I''ve always had problems finding jeans (or pants for that matter) that fit my ''bigger'' hips but aren''t too big in the waist or too long in the leg. I can always find something at the GAP for $65. Good luck - shopping for shorts and pants can be soooo frustrating.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love se7en jeans, although like Mara pointed out, they may not be the best for curvy body types.

I am somewhat petite, 5'' 4" and weigh prepregnancy 115lbs. I usually wear size 27 or 28, but I do notice that the 28''s tend to get a little bit loose after I have worn them a few hours.

I absolutely love the "A" stretch line that they make, they have a 8 or 8.5 inch rise, so they fit a bit higher. Also, they make a boycut jean which has a 8.5 inch rise(I think).
I always get the ones that are cotton/lycra blend, because the stretch feels so much better on.

I have at least 10 pairs of these jeans and at least 5 of them are the A stretch ones! They run anywhere from $120 to $170. The "A" stretch are definitely on the higher end, but they fit me great.

Oh, another brand I love is Citizens of Humanity. I have 4 pairs of these and they too have a higher rise. Also, the sizes tend to run a bit bigger, so all of my COH jeans are size 27.

I love seven jeans so much, I bought a pair of maternity ones last week! My husband thinks I am nuts! The maternity ones run $175, so he can''t fathom spending so much on a pair of jeans that I am only going to wear for the next 4 months (I am 5 months pregnant).

I do have a pair of seven jeans that I got right before I got pregnant with pink stitching in the dark new york color that actually fit me really well STILL! I guess I haven''t popped that much yet!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Author: kayla17

I love seven jeans so much, I bought a pair of maternity ones last week! My husband thinks I am nuts! The maternity ones run $175, so he can''t fathom spending so much on a pair of jeans that I am only going to wear for the next 4 months (I am 5 months pregnant).
You can easily sell your maternity jeans on eBay after having your baby! Knowing this makes it a tad bit more justifiable spending so much for cute clothing that can only be worn for a few months.
9.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw this jeans thread. I''m curvy, and have that problem with the hips and thighs too tight, but the waist gapping to big. I love Calvin Klein jeans, especially the ones with stretch in them. I''m really into the hip hugger flare legs things right now. I have a nice stone wash pair, a black pair, and a brown pair. They saw me pretty much through the winter and don''t cost an arm and a leg (excuse the pun).

Also, for cheapie jeans, I wear Lee Riveted with the stretch denim. I just bought a pair of white ones in the cropped length, and I LOVE them.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Well, I finally found some good jeans. I got the AG Legend jeans with stretch (stretch being key!) They are by far the best fitting, softest, most comfortable jeans I have ever owned. One of my favorite things is the fabric. Normally I don''t consider jeans comfortable every day wear---they''re always kind of stiff to me and I prefer yoga pants. But this fabric is so soft and the stretch makes them as comfortable as my yoga pants. Yes, they were expensive but now that I know my size I will ebay shop. Even my fiance noticed that these were great fitting and stylish!

Thanks!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
AG Legend? hmm, where did you get them? congrats on finding something great for you
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, please tell us where we can buy them. They sound great!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
AG Jeans are Adriano Goldschmied Jeans....Legend is the style name...there is also Angel which is a great style as well if you like the Legend. They have 100% Cotton, 1% stretch and 3% stretch styles I think. I find the more stretch the better for my curves!!

They are sold at various places online (aka shopbop.com) and also at Nordstroms, Anthropologie, I think at Bloomies and other stores I can't recall...

They range from $120-170 per pair...you are lucky if you can get them on sale or if you know your sizing and what you are looking for, EBAY has some great deals but you have to be willing to take a chance. I can't wear all the AG styles, so I really have to know what fits me and what doesn't to shop online.

I scored a few months back and got my AG Legend's at Nordstrom's sale for $75...woo hooo. Also shopbop.com just had a sale last month and I got a pair for $32!!!!

Congrats ID on finding the pair of AG that works for you. I am still breaking in my new sale ones.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results