shape
carat
color
clarity

Sugarloaf 3

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
You know I have been searching for a third color combo to my rings which I have posted HERE!.

Vendor who is at the moment in Sri Lanka, has found a cornflower blue sapphire already cut in sugarloaf shape. This stone will not be an actual match in size but slightly rectangular. However, as stacker, maybe its not so important to be in the same size? Below, you will see the color and inclusion (not sure how obvious it will be). Question to you guys: does the color fit? Will the color be darker after I set it? rectangular vs square? or no problem with stacker rings?

sugarloaves.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a stacker, I don’t think the more rectangular shape will look out of place, but the colour certainly doesn’t seem fit in the trio. I’m also unsure how visible the inclusion is going to appear in person.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Wow you managed to track down a sugarloaf blue sapphire! I like the combination.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, while I normally like blue with pink and green, I am not liking that combo. But technically they would match. I don''t think the rectangle shape is bad at all

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmm, what if we look at color combo in this picture...

pomelleto3214.jpg

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 10:24:11 AM
Author: megeve
Hmmmm, what if we look at color combo in this picture...
Shapewise I think it could definately work, especially if you wore it as the middle ring.

Colourwise I'm not so sure. With certain outfits probably yes it would work but you would be limited.

Maybe you need one more colour as well?

ETA: I luuuuurve the bottom left picture you posted. Thats stunning all on its own - If you dont want it can I have it? (seriously!)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meg, I think it can work if thats your style. some people would not be able to pull off all that color. (over half my wardrobe is black so I can wear color in other places
2.gif
)

I love the combo, obviously because of the strong color combo. I also feel that its a unique color combo too. Considering some of your other jewels I think you''d be able to pull it off just fine
9.gif

-A

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
That will teach me to look more carefully!

I like the blue, I don't love it. What I think you should do is have a whole bunch of these little beauties in lots of different colours so that you can mix and match as your wardrobe dictates. What about a solid gold sugarloaf with platinum claws for contrast?

I also like the idea of variation within the shapes. I wouldn't rule out a buff top either. The German cutters in IO seem to be particularly good at those.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results