shape
carat
color
clarity

Stunning looking repro Tanzanite and Diamond pendant..thoughts?

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
F8E8A1B9-6F60-45E4-AB6B-B22A2ED4FA91.jpeg
Hi, I’ve seen this beautiful looking Tanzanite and Diamond pendant and I’d like some advice and opinions from you fabulously knowledgable PSers.
It’s a new piece to an older design but it doesn’t have any Lab certification paperwork, other than the jewellers personal assessment etc, he’s meant to be a well respected, long standing independent jeweller but I’ve not dealt with him before.
I love it, but I have some hesitation after reading about Tanzanite here and elsewhere online and it sounds like a minefield! I’m Sorry the photo shows it in the shadow of the chin, which makes it look darker. If I did get it, I’d also have it on a longer chain
The Tanzanite is (to my eye) a gorgeous colour, deep purply blue with no damage (looked at it with a x10 loope) and even colour (said to be AAA grade) and the diamonds are @ G/H colour and VS grade (his assessment, but I agree comparing them to my E and F stones), they’re asking I believe a fair price though it’s at the top of our budget.

I’d love some thoughts and advice.....from any angle. I’m deliberately not saying where it is, as (apologies for being careful) I don’t want to risk someone buying it.....before we’ve made our minds up.
Thank you :twirl:

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I may have put this in the wrong section, so I’ve re posted it to “Show me the bling!”.
I can’t work out how to delete this thread here, so if I do need to do so, my apologies.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a really pretty piece, if you click on the report concern button and ask the mods to move your posts to the coloured stone section, I'm sure more people will comment on it...

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm no expert on Tanzanite but it looks gorgeous regardless! :dance:

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you arkieb 1 I’ll do that.
Thank you GliderPoss, I think I’m liking more each time I look at the photos!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends on the price. Tanzanite is a readily available stone, and there’s much competition out there in the marketplace for tanzanite jewelry. If the price cannot be beat, and the jeweler has a solid return policy in case you take it to a third party gemologist, then it may be worth it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and to be honest, I’m not crazy about the bezel work. The stone could have been chipped under there as well (tanzanite is a brittle stone), and hidden under metal. I would opt for prong set tanzanite, unless the bezel is done by a master class top notch jeweler. Is it open in the back?

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi TL, thanks for helping, Yes the back was totally open. I wish I’d taken a photo!
The metal work on the back was good, not amazing but good, and I was actually pleasantly surprised by how it was pretty in its self with serpentine teardrop spaces under the diamonds, I felt that it had been done with care and not just mass produced. The Tanzanite back was completely visible except for the metal work under the set diamonds around the periphery.

I see what you mean about the bezel work, I didnt spot that near the bottom of the pendant it looks uneven compared to the top, unless that’s a trick of the photo due to the angle as it’s not the best photo.

Thanks TL, more for me to think about, although I do really like the colour and style of it.
If it’s still there, I’ll ask about potential return if after having an appraisal done it’s not satisfactory....see what they say!
Thank you.

Reactions: T L

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CB0AA2C1-B4BA-4979-910F-6AAA0EE9F1F4.jpeg E5744906-7319-4F14-9B26-2F46C4978618.jpeg
UPDATE.....eek.........I’M SO EXCITED!!! :appl:

There’s me researching, asking for opinions and pondering back and forth what to do......WELL!!
My DH, without my knowledge, took some time off work and returned to the Jeweller (a return journey of a good few hours) and presented me with this gorgeous Pendant on our 30+ year Wedding Anniversary! :love:

As I picked it up I thought “ooh lovely some jewellery, probably earrings” and I opened the box to see a necklace....and as I looked at it I just couldn’t compute what I was looking at, then I realised it was THIS necklace! For the first time ever I burst into happy, ecstatic, overwhelmed tears...and cried (happily) for ages!

He even had them put it on a longer 18ct white gold Spiga chain for me so it fits perfectly and I think it looks even better on the Spiga.
I LOVE IT...I was so overwhelmed for the whole day..I didn’t have a clue he’d bought it for me...what a Star! I have to keep looking at it to believe it’s now mine..MINE! :appl:

Thanks for all your help and advice everyone, it’s much appreciated. Here are a few more photos. :dance:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! Happy anniversary! 30+ years is a long time! That tanzanite has a stunning color.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
CB0AA2C1-B4BA-4979-910F-6AAA0EE9F1F4.jpeg E5744906-7319-4F14-9B26-2F46C4978618.jpeg
UPDATE.....eek.........I’M SO EXCITED!!! :appl:

There’s me researching, asking for opinions and pondering back and forth what to do......WELL!!
My DH, without my knowledge, took some time off work and returned to the Jeweller (a return journey of a good few hours) and presented me with this gorgeous Pendant on our 30+ year Wedding Anniversary! :love:

As I picked it up I thought “ooh lovely some jewellery, probably earrings” and I opened the box to see a necklace....and as I looked at it I just couldn’t compute what I was looking at, then I realised it was THIS necklace! For the first time ever I burst into happy, ecstatic, overwhelmed tears...and cried (happily) for ages!

He even had them put it on a longer 18ct white gold Spiga chain for me so it fits perfectly and I think it looks even better on the Spiga.
I LOVE IT...I was so overwhelmed for the whole day..I didn’t have a clue he’d bought it for me...what a Star! I have to keep looking at it to believe it’s now mine..MINE! :appl:

Thanks for all your help and advice everyone, it’s much appreciated. Here are a few more photos. :dance:

Your DH is a keeper! Congrats and so happy for you. :appl:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful, gorgeous color, lovely design, what a romantic surprise from your husband!

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much distracts, icy_jade and meely for your lovely and kind comments. My DH has been a star...I think I’ll keep him..LOL!
It’s been a few days now and I still can’t believe how beautiful it is and that it’s actually mine. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful surprise!!! The pendant is stunning and I love it even more on the new chain. It has such a wonderful colour. I can see why you are super happy about it

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Acinom, so glad you like it. I’ve followed your posts for a while, your jewels are fabulous. I’m really pleased with the Spiga chain, I much prefer it to the original one...DH strikes again! LOL!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results