shape
carat
color
clarity

Stunning Black Star Sapphire ring by AJS Gems

Evanya

Rough_Rock
Hello, this is my first post here! I wanted to share an amazing experience I just had with AJS Gems.

I'm 34 and I had no interest in jewelry at all prior to this. I had a love for gemstones since I was a kid, but not jewelry. Well, I caught sight of a Black Star Sapphire ring online somewhere, and I was instantly ... star-struck. :roll

I came across AJS Gems website, and after looking at HUNDREDS of Star Sapphires by that point (from other sites too), I found a video of a 20 carat sapphire on their site which just absolutely blew me away. (They take videos of their exceptional stones). This video had been up for over 2 years ... the stone was STILL for sale. I was flabbergasted that no one had purchased it, and doubtful that it was really still for sale. I contacted the site to verify that the stone was the actual stone in the video, and that it was still for sale. Ron replied quickly and verified that it was indeed the very stone for sale, and the reason it had not been sold was simply due to its large size.

I knew I wanted this made into a ring, but I had no idea how to do that, and since I was completely new to the world of jewelry, the idea of finding a local trustworthy jeweler to handle this amazing stone, at the right price, and the right design ... was very overwhelming, and frankly just not something I would be able to do by myself. Ron informed me that they would gladly set my stone into a ring, and all I had to do was start by sending them a photo of an idea for a ring setting. So I did, and ... long story short, these are the photos of the completed ring. The silver moonstone ring is an internet photo of the original idea I submitted to him. As you can see, the talented jeweler followed that design exactly. Ron was with me every step of the way, in terms of design, and any questions I had. It took 2 weeks to make, and he sent wax mold photos before the ring was cast. It was shipped safely in only a few days all the way from Thailand.

When I opened up the box and saw my ring for the first time, it was simply UNREAL. In 3 weeks, I went from being completely love-struck by a video of a single stone, to having it ON my finger, in what I consider one of the most beautiful, flawlessly made rings I've ever seen. And prior to this, I was NOT a jewelry person, and I never imagined I would be so enamored with a ring. Life is strange.

I can't give enough praise and thanks to the folks at AJS Gems. Please don't just take my word for it ... look at their YouTube channel and see the videos of their completed rings for yourself -- they are flawless. My particular ring turned out so well, that they added photos of it to their Jewelry Gallery.

IMG_20190527_064108.jpg IMG_20190531_052157.jpg IMG_20190504_215625.jpg IMG_20190530_145030.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
WOW! It really does capture the light. Wear it in good health!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a beauty! Congrats! Love the setting you chose to show that star. It’s perfect! You could also add it to the thread ‘show me your star sapphires and rubies.’ I can relate, it does take some work to find the stone which grips you so completely. Your searching ended so well!

I’m a star lover and deeply appreciate the beauty of black stars. I recently saw a pendant with a large, black star which was indescribable in its soft, dream like mood.... as if looking at the setting sun through a gentle, fine sand storm with the promise of darkness whispering.

Evanya

Rough_Rock
You could also add it to the thread ‘show me your star sapphires and rubies.’

Thanks for suggesting to add it to that thread! I'm new to this forum, and there is a lot to see!

I’m a star lover and deeply appreciate the beauty of black stars. I recently saw a pendant with a large, black star which was indescribable in its soft, dream like mood.... as if looking at the setting sun through a gentle, fine sand storm with the promise of darkness whispering.

Ooooh, I love the poetry, there! I love how these star stones are gorgeous EVEN when the star is not present ... because they have this mysterious semi-translucence which looks amazing by itself ... and when the star appears, it's truly striking. :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! Love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results