shape
carat
color
clarity

Stuller setting for Moissanite?

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
Hi PS,

I've been corresponding with StarsGems, I want to purchase 5 ACC from them (4.5x4.5) for a five stone ring, but I am super reactive to nickel. According to Cherry their yellow 18K contains nickel, but they can't tell me how much.

I don't think I want to risk it. I've been looking at basic Stuller settings. Has anyone used any 5 stone Stuller settings for their Moissanite? Was thinking something like this:
https://www.stuller.com/products/bu...mmendationSource=SiteSearch#/mounting-options

Also today I started looking at 3mm ACC for a possible eternity band (because why not).
https://www.stuller.com/products/12...ryId=5303&recommendationSource=CategoryBrowse

Has anyone gone this route? What issues were there?

Thanks
VQ

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought a palladium setting for a CZ center stone travel ring. I’m not allergic to gold alloys but I really just don’t like the feel of gold rings. My main ring is platinum and I wanted something almost as weighty without spending the money. Melissa at High Performance Diamonds was able to help me. I recommend you reach out and see what she can do

@Winks_Elf

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Why not have SG make you a platinum ring? They're pricing is amazing!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PS,

I've been corresponding with StarsGems, I want to purchase 5 ACC from them (4.5x4.5) for a five stone ring, but I am super reactive to nickel. According to Cherry their yellow 18K contains nickel, but they can't tell me how much.

I don't think I want to risk it. I've been looking at basic Stuller settings. Has anyone used any 5 stone Stuller settings for their Moissanite? Was thinking something like this:
https://www.stuller.com/products/bu...mmendationSource=SiteSearch#/mounting-options

Also today I started looking at 3mm ACC for a possible eternity band (because why not).
https://www.stuller.com/products/12...ryId=5303&recommendationSource=CategoryBrowse

Has anyone gone this route? What issues were there?

Thanks
VQ
I have a couple of the 4.5 mm baby ACC’s and they are really beautiful. I was going to have SG make me a new platinum setting for my white gold diamond 5 stone ring but Cherry said it would be very hard to match up the stones after the fact. Maybe since you are buying them loose, you can get the exact dimensions for the ring. I know mrsgreeneyes did this with Tianyu and had a lovely 5 stone ring made from David Klass. I think that would be a better route than buying a stock setting. I am not sure if you checked with SG but I don’t know if they make the baby ACC’s as small as 3 mm. If they did, it would be really hard to see the detail in that size I think.

Here are my ACC’s that are 4.5 and I hope mrsgreeneyes doesn’t mind but I will attach a pic of her ring because I was going to do something over the summer but went the diamond route instead.

6F1D9BE2-E4A3-42BB-8120-AF279CDF4DE5.jpeg 72245779-7697-41D5-A5AD-6EB8DD0CC389.jpeg A1457260-374B-44B5-8E26-30F96A0A29A9.jpeg 9392B1AF-DA54-4ED7-9FCD-D2BCD85069B4.jpeg

Last edited:

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
I have a couple of the 4.5 mm baby ACC’s and they are really beautiful. I was going to have SG make me a new platinum setting for my white gold diamond 5 stone ring but Cherry said it would be very hard to match up the stones after the fact. Maybe since you are buying them loose, you can get the exact dimensions for the ring. I know mrsgreeneyes did this with Tianyu and had a lovely 5 stone ring made from David Klass. I think that would be a better route than buying a stock setting. I am not sure if you checked with SG but I don’t know if they make the baby ACC’s as small as 3 mm. If they did, it would be really hard to see the detail in that size I think.

Here are my ACC’s that are 4.5 and I hope mrsgreeneyes doesn’t mind but I will attach a pic of her ring because I was going to do something over the summer but went the diamond route instead.

6F1D9BE2-E4A3-42BB-8120-AF279CDF4DE5.jpeg 72245779-7697-41D5-A5AD-6EB8DD0CC389.jpeg A1457260-374B-44B5-8E26-30F96A0A29A9.jpeg 9392B1AF-DA54-4ED7-9FCD-D2BCD85069B4.jpeg

How did I miss that ring!?! The thread is so long...

After seeing mrsgreeneyes's ring, wow, I'm considering the DK route. I really want to get a patina's basket, with buttery 18K gold band, I've been craving that combo for a while. All of SG gold have nickel in it, so that make sit out for me.

Couple of questions, my ring size is an 8, do you think 4.5mm ACC are too big? I really like the look of mrsgreeneye's ring, but her stones being 4mm, and her finger also being smaller.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
How did I miss that ring!?! The thread is so long...

After seeing mrsgreeneyes's ring, wow, I'm considering the DK route. I really want to get a patina's basket, with buttery 18K gold band, I've been craving that combo for a while. All of SG gold have nickel in it, so that make sit out for me.

Couple of questions, my ring size is an 8, do you think 4.5mm ACC are too big? I really like the look of mrsgreeneye's ring, but her stones being 4mm, and her finger also being smaller.
I think it was in the early part of the Tianyu thread. I wear an 8 and was going to do 4.5 mm. She wears a 6.5 and did 4mm and said she could have fit more stones so on her last version she did 7 but the style was u-prong. I really liked her initial CAD which is the same as my diamond band. Very low and super comfortable. I guess 4mm is a little more conservative and 4.5 mm is a little more blingy, depending on the look you are after. I would definitely go the DK route if you have a nickel allergy. You can order the stones loose and just send them to him. I think they cost around $30 each if I remember correctly...

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
My engagement ring is a 2ct AVR, I like a little (or a lot) of sparkle, I think I'll stick with the 4.5mm.

SG is quoting $37 a stone for the 4.5mm x 4.5mm, GH

I know it is a little bit of a crap shoot, but does anyone know if Tingnu or SG have had constantly nicer ACC, in cut and color? I haven't seen many moissanites from these vendors under an Idealscope. Going through the threads I feel like SG was edging out, nothing quantitative, just impressions.

Also, they do make 3mm x 3mm stones, $18, GH. I think I will order one of these just to see what it looks like.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
My engagement ring is a 2ct AVR, I like a little (or a lot) of sparkle, I think I'll stick with the 4.5mm.

SG is quoting $37 a stone for the 4.5mm x 4.5mm, GH

I know it is a little bit of a crap shoot, but does anyone know if Tingnu or SG have had constantly nicer ACC, in cut and color? I haven't seen many moissanites from these vendors under an Idealscope. Going through the threads I feel like SG was edging out, nothing quantitative, just impressions.

Also, they do make 3mm x 3mm stones, $18, GH. I think I will order one of these just to see what it looks like.
I would say the ACC’s in this particular size, look to be about the same. I haven’t looked at them under magnification though. I think mrsgreeneyes is the only person to get them so far from Tianyu and I think I am the only one through Starsgem. I took a picture of the ACC’s with a newer iPhone camera so you can see them better but it is dark outside now so this is under bathroom lighting.

31533244-2940-4398-98EE-E05833F51111.jpeg 9F36B2F4-8951-4A59-8A33-85336F723673.jpeg

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results