Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

"Stuffed Animal"

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,381
Real or too cute to be real? Someone on a dog forum to which I belong posted this photo. Someone else suggested it is a brown teacup toy poodle, which are currently popular in Japan and China. Does anyone here know definitively? Do you have any "stuffed animal" pet photos you would like to post?

Deb/AGBF :saint:

stuffedanimalornot.jpg
 

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
2,346
Deb,

I can definitively say that is the most adorable little puppy in the world! :love:

Thank you for sharing her with us! :appl:
 

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
4,660
Yes, it looks like a "tea cup" poodle to me too.
The problem with many of these tea-cup dogs is that they are bred to look cute at the risk of sacrificing their health. Tea-cup puppies are commonly produced by breeding runts (the smallest/weakest dogs of a litter) together. There are many risks involved with breeding very small dogs that can include health issue for both the mother dogs and the puppies, which can be life-threatening (and/or expensive to treat). They truly are adorable, but some people have ethical concerns about the tea-cup breeds.
One of my children asked me for a tea-cup pom and after doing some research, we decided that we would not care to support the tea-cup industry. I'm not criticizing anyone who has one (I can certainly see why with their adorable little faces and I'm sure that there are some healthy tea-cups out there ), but it just wasn't a good fit for us.
 

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 27, 2011
Messages
6,409
The squishy face maybe a touch of pom and yorkie with the poo? Hahahaha porky pie? Porky poo?
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,381
momhappy|1473898276|4076658 said:
Yes, it looks like a "tea cup" poodle to me too.
The problem with many of these tea-cup dogs is that they are bred to look cute at the risk of sacrificing their health. Tea-cup puppies are commonly produced by breeding runts (the smallest/weakest dogs of a litter) together. There are many risks involved with breeding very small dogs that can include health issue for both the mother dogs and the puppies, which can be life-threatening (and/or expensive to treat). They truly are adorable, but some people have ethical concerns about the tea-cup breeds.
One of my children asked me for a tea-cup pom and after doing some research, we decided that we would not care to support the tea-cup industry. I'm not criticizing anyone who has one (I can certainly see why with their adorable little faces and I'm sure that there are some healthy tea-cups out there ), but it just wasn't a good fit for us.
Thank you for the informative post, momhappy. I am extremely concerned with animal welfare. I have not been considering buying a teacup poodle. (In fact I came across sites for the rescue and adoption of teacup poodles and other teacup dogs when I was looking at some other photos.) I just found the dog adorable. I cannot get another dog myself due to my circumstances. I am living with my father who is about to turn 96 and who can barely walk. He already has trouble navigating the house with my huge Newfoundland in it. I think it is important to disseminate this kind of information, however.

Deb/AGBF
 

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
4,660
Yes indeed! They truly are adorable. This is very similar to the one my kids asked me for. Super-cute, but just didn't feel right for us

57843dd694ec6bdd036091deb.jpg
 

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 31, 2014
Messages
11,073
SO CUTE!!! We have 2 small dogs, but not of the teacup variety for the reasons mentioned above. But we happily giggle over pics of those little guys.

DEB: you have a newfoundland?! I love those dogs so much. From the ones I've met they are lovable and gentle giants, and I just want to cuddle them :)
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,381
lovedogs|1473906044|4076724 said:
DEB: you have a newfoundland?!
I do. And I actually want to take a photo of him when he comes back from the groomer one day because he looks exactly like a stuffed animal when he does. He is shaved and somewhat lumpy, like a newly shorn sheep. But I do not, yet, have a photo of him like that. So these photos are not "part of the thread". They are just some old photos of Griffin. ;))


Deb

griffinpuppy.jpg

griffinfurry.jpg

griffinsnowy.jpg

griffinsleepy.jpg
 

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
2,346
momhappy,

Thank you for sharing the information. I wasn't aware of the background behind these little guys. Mother Nature has her reasons for designing creatures as she does. Our species should be cautious when attempting to alter others for cosmetic reasons.

Deb,

Griffin is such a handsome lad! Its been a while since I've seen posted photos of him. Thank you for sharing some more in this thread. You can never post too many photos of lovely Griffin! :love:
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,381
december-fire|1473930637|4076839 said:
Griffin is such a handsome lad! Its been a while since I've seen posted photos of him. Thank you for sharing some more in this thread.

You can never post too many photos of lovely Griffin! :love:
Thank you, december-fire.

I already thanked momhappy for her information. I am saddened to think that dogs with health problems are being created deliberately when so many breeds struggle with health problems that already exist in that breed. (My beloved Golden Retrievers have become more and more prone to cancer over the years since I owned one.) But I also want to thank her for posting the photo of the teacup dog she and her family considered buying. He (or she) was delicious looking. I would love to see some more photos in this thread!
 

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
4,660
Oh, Deb, your dog is such a handsome guy!!!! We had a similar-looking dog come through our local animal shelter one morning and he was adopted so fast, I didn't even get to see him when I went in for my volunteer shift that afternoon.
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,381
I have to admit to looking on the Internet for images of dogs who looked like stuffed animals. I saw some wonderful pictures. This dog, who looks like a teddy bear, is an Akita-Corgi mix. Can anyone make the photo larger? I don't know how I shrank it!

akitacorgimix.jpg
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,381
This huge dog, a Tibetan Mastiff, also looks like a large stuffed animal.

tibetanmastiff.jpg
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,381
BunBun is StphanieLynn's pet bunny. She has her own thread. :love:

bunbun.jpeg
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,381
This bunny belongs to Marquise_Madness and I hope to learn more about him or her because he is delicious looking!

marquise_madnessbunny.jpg
 

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
35,006
OMG this thread is killing me with cuteness overload. :love: :love: :love:

Keep it coming!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

And thank you Deb for starting the preciousness here. :love: :love: :love:
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,381
Well, that is certainly The Easter Bunny!!!
 

YadaYadaYada

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
6,255
Thanks for adding BunBun to the list!

So, this is my first dog, Lucky, that my husband and I rescued from a shelter. He was an abuse case and nobody would adopt him because he required medication that cost $100 a month. We figured we would eat out a couple less meals a month and bring him home. This was 2003 and he passed away in 2013. Still miss him everyday.

_5910.jpeg
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,381
StephanieLynn|1474237181|4078169 said:
Thanks for adding BunBun to the list!

So, this is my first dog, Lucky, that my husband and I rescued from a shelter. He was an abuse case and nobody would adopt him because he required medication that cost $100 a month. We figured we would eat out a couple less meals a month and bring him home. This was 2003 and he passed away in 2013. Still miss him everyday.
Oh, StephanieLynn,

You are a true animal lover! And I can see that you were rewarded for being one. Lucky couldn't be more adorable. He really does look like a stuffed animal. I am glad that lesser people, people not willing to forgo dinners out for his sake, did not adopt him for his sheer beauty and then fail to sacrifice for his welfare!

God bless you...and I think He blessed you once already with that delicious boy!

Big hugs,
((StephanieLynn))
Deb
 

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
964
Here is my nephew's bunny waiting for his meal!

_38298.jpg
 

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
964
Our new kitten, we found this poor starving baby in the bushes at work.

_38299.jpg
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,381
Luce-

I looked at the bunny more than once to see if he was real. His pose was so amazing that I thought he might actually be a stuffed animal for a moment! And how could anyone have let that beautiful kitten starve? Who could have let her wander off alone? She is precious! Thank you for posting those pictures.

Deb :wavey:
 

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
964
Hi Deb,

Yep, He is a live one! Maverick eats his breakfast at the table!!!
I am grateful we found the kitty before anything happened to her. There are no residential areas close by so I don't think she just wandered off. Just glad she's part of the family now!

_38332.jpg
 

YadaYadaYada

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
6,255
Luce, that picture of him sitting at the table is the best!

Your kitten is adorable as well, thank God a good soul found her and gave her a good home :dance:
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,381
Thank you, everyone. I just love the photos in this thread. I love animals and I also love the thread on all pets. In fact, it is to die for (in my opinion). But seeing animals like stuffed animals just makes me think of children's storybooks. (Not the scary kind.) Maverick at the table reminds me of a certain bunny book I can't place, but I remember well.

Deb :wavey:
 

YadaYadaYada

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
6,255
AGBF|1474560556|4079593 said:
Thank you, everyone. I just love the photos in this thread. I love animals and I also love the thread on all pets. In fact, it is to die for (in my opinion). But seeing animals like stuffed animals just makes me think of children's storybooks. (Not the scary kind.) Maverick at the table reminds me of a certain bunny book I can't place, but I remember well.

Deb :wavey:
Maybe one of these?

_5993.jpeg

_5994.jpeg
 

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 27, 2011
Messages
6,409
Luce|1474499070|4079364 said:
Hi Deb,

Yep, He is a live one! Maverick eats his breakfast at the table!!!
I am grateful we found the kitty before anything happened to her. There are no residential areas close by so I don't think she just wandered off. Just glad she's part of the family now!
Ermagherd Luce! I want to snuggle this bunny!!!
 

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
964
The velveteen rabbit, that is so cute!!! He is very snugly! I love seeing all these sweet animals. Warms the heart!
 

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Feb 28, 2016
Messages
294
Re: "Stuffed Animal"

Animals in general are too cute.


This was 15 years ago when I was around 7 and my now deceased dog was a baby. She looked like a toy!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Radiant Ruby Cluster Ring
    Radiant Ruby Cluster Ring
    Recutting And Resetting A Heirloom
    Recutting And Resetting A Heirloom
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top