• W-prong Diamond Earrings

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Something else????

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, so DH is allowing me to choose a jewelry gift in anticipation of the birth of our LO. The first part was a new stove - sure, I could have used the money spent on that to get a bigger diamond gift, but we need a new range and I am an avid baker. I am super stoked about having the range and new convection oven! :dance:

Anyway, I digress. Back to the diamond issue. I keep going back and forth on a choice of diamond jewelry. Earrings vs. pendant. If earrings, what type. :confused2:

Like I said, I am probably thinking about it way too much. I want to keep it under $1000. Not going over the top here. And yes, I'm too impatient to wait to save up for something bigger since I would like to have some jewelry from DH.

In terms of jewelry, after my rings, I'm most likely to wear earrings. I accidentally threw away my old Tiffany silver Elsa Peretti heart earrings during a huge brain fart. I am still pissed at myself. So, I thought about getting replacement diamond earrings. I like hoops, but I'd want bigger huggies, which are out of my budget. Studs seem nice...but...well, sort of, boring. Maybe a little too classic looking for me. If I go down the stud route, I'd likely either choose the 3 prong martini or W-prong in the 0.50 tcw size (4.10 mm spread). I'd likely want to get halo jackets for them in the future to make them more interesting.

Then, looking further, I found the flower cluster earrings from WF, although I might stick with the 0.25 tcw size (6.5mm spread). I don't have large lobes, and big earrings look gaudy on me. But, will the flower cluster earrings just look too young for me???

Next, I started thinking, maybe I should just get one diamond and make it a pendant. So, I went further down the rabbit hole and began looking at various sites. Thing is, I don't wear a lot of necklaces. But in terms of jewelry, after rings and earrings, that's the next thing I'm likely to wear. So, I found a 0.30 carat ACA diamond which I could stick in a pendant. I could always upgrade later. But then, I realized maybe I could have an AVC pendant. Turns out, there is only one in my range, it's on GOG, and it's somehow a GIA cert and I can't get any video or link up to see the actual stone. :wall:

Like I said, I'm probably way overthinking this. o_Oo_Oo_O

So, honestly, help a stuck lady out on choosing a new piece of jewelry to add to the collection. She is staying up way too late and should be sleeping since she's going to be in a work conference all day long, haha! ;)2

Thanks in advance!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet you’d wear stud earrings more than you think- they go with everything from jeans to smart work clothes. I’ve been thinking about the flower clusters too but can’t quite make myself buy them, I really don’t change out my studs often and I think maybe the diamonds in them would be too small! (my earlobes are also teeny so my daily wear studs are .33ctw). Good luck choosing, can’t go wrong with any of the options!

PS what is “LO”??

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the upcoming arrival of the Little One. From what you said & I also agree with Snowdrop, that a pair of studs would be nice. I'm a huggie person more than studs but in your case, I'd go for studs. The baby will try to tug at everything and with studs, they may stay on more than hoops will. LOL Get the La Pousette or Protektor backs. Those suckers need to be locked down.

If you decide on a pendant, I'd go for a modern round one to be honest. I love AVC's don't get me wrong, I own a few, but I would still go for modern round for a pendant.

You can always upgrade with Whiteflash down the road as well.

:)

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here are a couple I found on Brian Gavin. I think they have an 8% off sale going on. I'd get on live chat & see if that's still going on. I usually talk to Jamie although anyone there can certainly help you. The certs aren't showing up but they are both certed. You can upgrade with them down the road. Not knowing your colour preference, I found a couple of J's. Bezel them & voila, they look larger. LOL The tables are close enough in size that there won't be a difference on your ear.

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...ls/0.236-j-vs2-round-diamond-ags-104100412071

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...ls/0.248-j-vs2-round-diamond-ags-104100412068

I bought these for my niece from BGD. Both are .22 & I had them set in a Stuller setting which they had to bring in as they aren't avail on the website. SO SO adorable.

I'll have to go dig out a pic from my phone. I'll post them shortly.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Basket Detail Inspiration-Schubach Jewelers Ring-PS.jpg These aren’t martini style but are very delicate in person. Looking at the Stuller pic, you wouldn’t think so. 1st 2 pics are BGD. If these pics are huge, I apologize. I’m on my phone.
98248A95-9F4A-47EA-831A-FA515CF89B3A.jpeg FAF96CDB-AFEA-4F82-B8A9-C8C3D95F52EE.jpeg 895DC710-8E9D-4008-90E0-28B670B7EE73.jpeg 8152D3CA-1526-439C-9769-A00EA32B3283.jpeg D4821F1C-7D73-4B8E-91B4-A4A07670A0FA.jpeg

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a now 12 week old little girl and unless you choose a thicker rope chain for a pendant you can’t wear the necklace because baby will pull on it. Even only wearing it while out, chances of having baby in tow are high which still leaves the problem of clutching little hands tugging on whatever is in reach. Personally I would pick the earrings

Congratulations on the upcoming arrival of your little one!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ignore the ring. It’s an inspiration for a future piece. lol. I attached 5 pics & 6 showed up. Glad I cleaned up my pictures. Lmao. Stupid phone.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also would go with studs earrings..that you can upgrade later..I also think a pendant with a baby will be hard. They have some grip! You’ll be peeling the baby’s fingers off that poor diamond more times than you can imagine! The one thing to mention is when you have diamonds in your ears it’s sometimes hard to appreciate them because you’re not looking at them. Do you wear bracelets? You could get a DBTY bracelet with one diamond..Get it just to fit your wrist so the baby can’t get their fingers under it to pull it..You could upgrade the stone later and put it into a pendant. I have a teeny tiny DBTY one diamond bracelet that my grandson can see and touch but can’t pull off. It’s on a thin chain so he doesn’t even notice it..but he has tried to grab my diamond pendant! I enjoy seeing my little diamond on the bracelet..It’s like a worry stone for me!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Branded baby bezel studs to celebrate birth of baby? ::)

Baby bezels are lovely options for all earrings budgets IMO because they’re meant to be petite - the smaller the better!! Just a “dewdrop of sparkle on the ear”. I have these - a hair above budget. I adore them and wear them regularly :kiss2: and it doesn’t get better than this in terms of design and workmanship!

https://m.tiffany.com/jewelry/earri...d=-1&search=1&trackpdp=search&trackgridpos=28

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It's October-- if you can, you might want to wait for November/Black Friday weekend. Typically there are some nice promotions on finished jewelry. Just a thought.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, ok, ok, I think the overwhelming opinion is that I go for studs that I can upgrade down the road. :mrgreen2:

I bet you’d wear stud earrings more than you think- they go with everything from jeans to smart work clothes. I’ve been thinking about the flower clusters too but can’t quite make myself buy them, I really don’t change out my studs often and I think maybe the diamonds in them would be too small! (my earlobes are also teeny so my daily wear studs are .33ctw). Good luck choosing, can’t go wrong with any of the options!

PS what is “LO”??

Snowdrop13, LO is Little One :)
Maybe I'll get the flower clusters later down the road...heh heh heh...

I have a now 12 week old little girl and unless you choose a thicker rope chain for a pendant you can’t wear the necklace because baby will pull on it. Even only wearing it while out, chances of having baby in tow are high which still leaves the problem of clutching little hands tugging on whatever is in reach. Personally I would pick the earrings

Congratulations on the upcoming arrival of your little one!

Thanks, KKJohnson! That's a good point - she's going to yank that sucker right off my neck, and I don't really like thick chains - I get eczema flare ups and a chain might irritate my skin. Argghhhhhh.

I also would go with studs earrings..that you can upgrade later..I also think a pendant with a baby will be hard. They have some grip! You’ll be peeling the baby’s fingers off that poor diamond more times than you can imagine! The one thing to mention is when you have diamonds in your ears it’s sometimes hard to appreciate them because you’re not looking at them. Do you wear bracelets? You could get a DBTY bracelet with one diamond..Get it just to fit your wrist so the baby can’t get their fingers under it to pull it..You could upgrade the stone later and put it into a pendant. I have a teeny tiny DBTY one diamond bracelet that my grandson can see and touch but can’t pull off. It’s on a thin chain so he doesn’t even notice it..but he has tried to grab my diamond pendant! I enjoy seeing my little diamond on the bracelet..It’s like a worry stone for me!

Mamabean, honestly, I don't really wear bracelets a lot because my wrists tend to be pretty small...and I, pretty clumsy.

Here are a couple I found on Brian Gavin. I think they have an 8% off sale going on. I'd get on live chat & see if that's still going on. I usually talk to Jamie although anyone there can certainly help you. The certs aren't showing up but they are both certed. You can upgrade with them down the road. Not knowing your colour preference, I found a couple of J's. Bezel them & voila, they look larger. LOL The tables are close enough in size that there won't be a difference on your ear.

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...ls/0.236-j-vs2-round-diamond-ags-104100412071

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...ls/0.248-j-vs2-round-diamond-ags-104100412068

I bought these for my niece from BGD. Both are .22 & I had them set in a Stuller setting which they had to bring in as they aren't avail on the website. SO SO adorable.

I'll have to go dig out a pic from my phone. I'll post them shortly.

ccuheartnurse, ok, even you, who prefer huggies, are suggesting studs as well. Unfortunately, that 8% off sale is over - I even tried inputting the code but it didn't work. :(2
However...I did check out the diamonds you linked...and they're pretty tempting. My ring is a J, and I don't mind warmer colors against my skin tone. Thanks! It is annoying that the WF ones pretty much blow my budget. How easy was it to ask them to order in the Stuller setting? I see a half bezel on their site that I like. Having BGD do handmade settings at that size doesn't appear to be cost effective, IMO. The earrings are super cute!!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Branded baby bezel studs to celebrate birth of baby? ::)

Baby bezels are lovely options for all earrings budgets IMO because they’re meant to be petite - the smaller the better!! Just a “dewdrop of sparkle on the ear”. I have these - a hair above budget. I adore them and wear them regularly :kiss2: and it doesn’t get better than this in terms of design and workmanship!

https://m.tiffany.com/jewelry/earri...d=-1&search=1&trackpdp=search&trackgridpos=28

@yssie, I did actually look at those and really considered them as well. And then I saw the Tiffany Fleur de Lis key stem earrings, which I really like as well. But kinda also wanted more bling, haha.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's October-- if you can, you might want to wait for November/Black Friday weekend. Typically there are some nice promotions on finished jewelry. Just a thought.

That's a good point...yet I am impatient, lol. But if it is finished jewelry, I wouldn't be able to upgrade, right? Or maybe I just get a necklace then...DH will be so annoyed!!!

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
first off, congrats on the baby!!! Secondly, convection ovens are amazing, i love mine and i'll never go back. and finally, i LOVE the WF cluster earrings, i was just drooling over them last week, they're on my wishlist. And i'm 37 so no... not too young! lol!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Studs, studs, studs! Babies are amazing in how they are attracted to sparklies. And they will grab an earring in a skinny minute and YANK. I never wore studs until I had babies, and then they started being all baby-grabby, and from then on I lived in them. I had just started to venture back into non studs literally a decade later...and we got a puppy. Puppies are also attracted to sparklies! And they are mouthy. So...back to studs!

(All this is from personal experience, but it seems to be a universal truth regarding babies. My guess is that it’s one of the reasons studs are such a classic.)

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
BGD has an account with Stuller so all I did was provide the style # & Jamie looked up the price for me. It was too easy. LOL I'm sure as Layla mentioned there will be Black Friday sales coming up. I would still get on live chat & talk to a sales rep. Tell them you are from PS. You never know. 8-)

I think my studs & jumbo backs were $195? I'd have to dig up my receipt but that seems to be pretty close.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
first off, congrats on the baby!!! Secondly, convection ovens are amazing, i love mine and i'll never go back. and finally, i LOVE the WF cluster earrings, i was just drooling over them last week, they're on my wishlist. And i'm 37 so no... not too young! lol!

Lol, I'm a smidgen older than you - had the big 40 this year. No party. I never expect a huge party being a summer baby. I will hint to DH that maybe he can get me those as a gift in the future. :twisted2:

Studs, studs, studs! Babies are amazing in how they are attracted to sparklies. And they will grab an earring in a skinny minute and YANK. I never wore studs until I had babies, and then they started being all baby-grabby, and from then on I lived in them. I had just started to venture back into non studs literally a decade later...and we got a puppy. Puppies are also attracted to sparklies! And they are mouthy. So...back to studs!

(All this is from personal experience, but it seems to be a universal truth regarding babies. My guess is that it’s one of the reasons studs are such a classic.)

I didn't think about the dogs. We've got two, and while they aren't mouthy, the younger one has no issue climbing all over whatever body party is in the way...so he could catch a claw.

BGD has an account with Stuller so all I did was provide the style # & Jamie looked up the price for me. It was too easy. LOL I'm sure as Layla mentioned there will be Black Friday sales coming up. I would still get on live chat & talk to a sales rep. Tell them you are from PS. You never know. 8-)

I think my studs & jumbo backs were $195? I'd have to dig up my receipt but that seems to be pretty close.

That is very reasonable. I've seen all this stuff about pousette, friction, jumbo - do they really fall off that easily?

Was in conference from 7:00a to 7:00p today. Am dying, so tired. Why do some professions insist on such early morning meetings??? At least us attorneys will be like, oh no, 9:00a, maybe 10:00a.

I'm ready to go back home and see my fur babies. They miss their momma and I miss them. Especially the little bratty one.
IMG_6826.JPG

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With a wee one I'd definitely be more inclined to wear studs, My two are 2.5 and almost 6, and I'm just starting to wear necklaces again now. Little hands are so grabby! I also really ike the idea of studs now and jackets for a later occasion, I adore mine. Congratulations on your impending little person!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results