shape
carat
color
clarity

Stuart Moore

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

paddymick_2000

Rough_Rock
Hi,

While I am in New York this week I plan to go to Stuart Moores to buy a diamond engagement ring.

Does anyone know anything about this shop.

Are they expensive good designs etc.

Thanks
Paddy

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock

Do a search on this forum for stuart moore. General consenses - pricier diamonds which must be purchased from him in order to get the unique settings that they offer. Supposedly great customer service from the word of mouth.

Good luck!

paddymick_2000

Rough_Rock
What do they mean by pricier 10 20 % or much more

I am basically looking for a goof bricks and mortar store in Manhattan,

Finding it hard to get ones

paddymick_2000

Rough_Rock
are these places real shops, or just fronts or booths for internet traders.

also can they be trusted

lillguy

Rough_Rock
I''m in the same boat as you. I''m very interested in purchasing a setting from stuart moore as my girlfriend fell in love with one of his designs.

Like other "top" jewlers like Tiffany, Cartier, they require you purchase diamonds through them. The case is you tell them your requirements and they''ll bring in 10 stones for you to pick. they say it''s straight 20%, which isn''t too bad compared to others. Of course there are better deals.

Remember that diamonds can be the same on paper (i.e GIA certificate) ,but they can look different in person. Personally the engagement ring is an entire package including a nice, unique setting.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I have heard nothing but AMAZING things about Mark at engagementringsdirect, whose shop is right in the diamond district. If you search on PS you'll see praise to the moon for this guy--he's the man behind the cushion for Reena's famous e-ring.

Also have heard good stuff about signed pieces--check out the 9-stone assched wedding band on SMTR....

Unless you're sold on a Moore setting, there are a lot of e-vendors who are located in NY that you can see and work with in person.

Good luck!!!

eta: I knew nothing about Stuart Moore before this thread....I did a PS search, came across an old rather scorching debate thread with the man himself, and then went onto his website. His attitude on PS notwithstanding, there are some lovely pieces on his site if a very modern, streamlined, architechtural (sp?) kind of setting is your style. It's not mine, but I can appreciate them just from a design perspective. Anyway, good luck!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The designs are rather futuristic... exactly what I happen to like, but I would not bet on almost any to be a classic that virtually anyone, anywhere would find attractive.

The 20% markup applies to the "stuart moore collection" - other designer settings would come higher or lower, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results