shape
carat
color
clarity

Strollers...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
How many do you have?

For what reason?

What do you recommend?

We are moving her out of the infant car seat which means no more SNG
39.gif
. We went searching for a stroller and decided on the Maclaren Triumph.

This weekend we went to the park and FI made a comment about not liking the storage and his best friend (who is a male) says "Don''t worry about that. This is the light weight stroller, not the main one"

I went...what? I thought this was the main one? LOL! So now I''m confused...help!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think we''re going to do a SNG and a nice one like an Uppa or a Quinny. We''ll keep the SNG in the car we don''t use as often.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and when we''re out of the SNG we''re going to do an inexpensive umbrella as our second.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Fiery- I'm not sure I understand either. I don't remember my sisters having anything other than the umbrella stroller once they moved out of the baby stroller.
33.gif

Why would you want anything heavier now that your child can run or crawl away at a moment's notice??

ETA: I will have the UPPA, but I don't ever plan on taking that anywhere in a car. It is for walks and strolls around the neighborhood and to the park.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
we''re looking at just getting one stroller. either the city mini or the bugaboo bee.

i think it depends on your lifestyle, but lots of parents go from the sng to an umbrella and have a jogger type stroller in addition.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a volo (umbrella) and a BOB. I use my BOB a lot. I have a SUV so trunk space is not a problem. Keep in mind you can hang the diaper bag off the handles. What kind of stuff do you usually take with you? How much space do you need? On my BOB I have two of those HUGE rock climbing clips and clip bags off of there (when we walk to Target or something). Now that she is 2+ I don''t really use a stroller unless it is for long walks, the mall or traveling. But to go to the park she walks from the car to the playground.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I have one. I had a s&g when she was in her baby carseat, then got what we call a pushchair in the UK when she outgrew that.

I bought it because I sat her in it in the store for a moment, to free up my hands to find my wallet, and she fell asleep. I bought it there and then.
2.gif

There are probably lots of better options out there, but I hope she'll be out of it asap, so as long she fits in and it has wheels, I'm fine with it. It's a city mini jogger, and it does the job.

ETA it has enough storage for me (under the seat and a mesh compartment on the back) but I'm probably the only PS mommy who never had a diaper bag. I just threw some things in my beloved paddington, which goes everywhere with me. One or two diapers, mini pack of wipes, roll up changing mat and a spare onesie fit in most regular purses. Sippy cup and any other odds and ends I just sling under the seat. If you like to pack a lot of stuff when you go out, city mini jogger might not be the best option for you.

E B

Ideal_Rock
We have the UppaBaby Vista and a lighter umbrella made by Combi.

The UppaBaby has *awesome* basket storage underneath the seat. A huge plus for new moms: it comes with a bassinet attachment for teeny babies, then converts to a full stroller for bigger babies. I know Sophia's past the teeny stage, but for anyone else reading...

We use the UppaBaby most of the time. I keep it unfolded in our garage for our daily walks. It's big, however, so if our car trunk is full, or we're in a situation where we'd need to carry the stroller around a lot (at the airport, a long trip, etc.) we either take the Combi or go without. The Combi is super light and has a shoulder strap for easy carrying once it's folded.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I can already see needing something with better storage. We took it out this weekend to try it out and I absolutely love how light weight it is and how easy it is to maneuver. But we were in the park right next to the car so we didn''t have the diaper bag. If we went to a mall, I''m guessing I''d have to take a much smaller bag.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
We have two - a full size (Quinny Buzz 3) and an umbrella (Quinny Zapp) - strollers. We didn''t use an infant seat, so we used the Buzz with bassinet from birth. We got the Zapp when M was 10 months, so we don''t have to switch the Buzz between cars. We keep the Buzz in my car, and the Zapp in DH''s car. Now we only use the stroller with M when we go to the mall for a long period of time, and most of the time she is walking while we push an empty stroller.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
I have an UppaBaby Vista that we have used up until now (3 mos) for everything. We have the carseat attachment and use it as a SNG as well. Now that she is big enough for an umbrella stroller, we bought the UppaBaby Gluxe. I''ll probably start taking that one in the car and leave the Vista at home for walks once we stop using the infant carseat, but for now the convenience of not having to take her in and out of her carseat outweighs the fact that the Uppababy is kind of big and a pain to take in and out of the trunk.

I searched long and hard for the perfect stroller so we could have just one, but I now firmly believe you need at least two. You are going to want an umbrella stroller once they are bigger because they are so much smaller and lighter (yes, they are much smaller and lighter than even the mini and bugaboo bee- those only seem light until you try an umbrella stroller!). But you can''t use an umbrella stroller until 3-6 months (depending on which one and how much it reclines). You could probably get away with a snap n'' go at first and then an umbrella stroller, but that is not going to work if you plan to take any walks outside the first 3-6 months - the SNG is not a very smooth ride, I couldn''t imagine pushing it around my neighborhood or in the city.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
November-Do you like the Gluxe? I''ve heard great reviews. It''s supposed to be priced the same as the Maclaren but with a lot more features (I think it also reclines more).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsM, I don''t carry a diaper bag anymore either! I put a few diapers, a ziploc with some wipes (or my diaper clutch) and a sippy in my purse along with some snack I can bribe her with.
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
MacClaren Quest and BOB is what I have.

I haven''t used the Quest since last fall (definitely stopped by September since that''s when we moved here and it''s still sitting in the garage). The BOB still gets some use, but I haven''t really used it since September either (maybe once or twice). My mom uses it to push her to the park.

Amelia started walking at 16 months and was a pro at it pretty quicly. So I just walk everywhere with her now. I can see the BOB getting more use for excursions. But for quick errands, she''s either in a shopping cart or walking with me.

I''m a big fan of the umbrella/BOB combo and I''ve been preaching it for ages....

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Stokke Xplory and a Mei Tai sling for me!

The diaper bag for the Xplory fits as a backpack as well as going on the stroller and I use it as a general handbag as well, so I grab that if I''m just taking the Mei Tai.

Depends what needs you have: I wanted a lightweight urban stroller that is good on public transport and rear/front faces - plus that doesn''t kill my back and will last a long time. The Stokke ticked all the boxes, but if you live in a more rural area or want to go running etc then it isn''t the one for you. (It''s pretty quick to fold and put in the car, but may be too big for very small cars).

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 5:15:59 PM
Author: fiery
November-Do you like the Gluxe? I''ve heard great reviews. It''s supposed to be priced the same as the Maclaren but with a lot more features (I think it also reclines more).
Fiery - I love it. It is priced the same as the lower end Maclarens with the features of the higher end ones. It has great storage, it''s the lightest umbrella stroller with a full recline (11 lbs) and has a nice sized sun canopy. Also, the handles are pretty tall - my DH is 6''3" and he was literally bent over trying to push most umbrella strollers. I am a shorty at 5''2", but they are a good height for me too. I can''t sing the praises of UppaBaby enough, I think they make great strollers, and in the case of this one, a great stroller for a great price. I was set on getting a MacLaren Quest until I tried this one. It has the same features and is $100 less, so it''s was a no brainer for me.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I have a Graco IPO (umbrella) and a Mia Moda Energi (3 wheel jogging type). The IPO stays in the car and goes on errands/shopping. We put the diaper bag accross the handles, and also hang shopping bags off them too, so storage isn''t really a problem. I hardly put anything in the basket. The Mia Moda pretty much stays in the house and is used for walks around the neighborhood, or if we go for a big outing.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Fiery, I actually LOVE having my huge hulk of a travel system stroller for things like going to the park and walking outside. I use it every day when walking the pup. And I LOVE my lightweight combi cosmo for keeping in the trunk of my car, running errands, navigating store aisles, etc. The biggest drawback is my big stroller has the big basket, but when I''m shopping I use the little stroller with the little basket.

All in all, I also really wish I had gotten the SNG for when out and about before we were using the umbrella stroller. I honestly would have gotten a ton of use out of having all 3.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
We have three - BOB, Graco Quattro Tour, and a Kolcraft. And, yes, we use all three in some form. We tend to use the Graco for most of our outings because for a double stroller, it''s easy to steer, and folds down easily. I don''t want to be the parent with the huge stroller blocking the isles in babyGap.

The BOB gets used pretty much every single day. I decided to that I would start jogging/running with Nate, and I couldn''t do that with the other two strollers, so he suggested I look for a jogging stroller. Occasionally, when Nate takes them to the park, he will take the BOB with him. He likes it better than the other two.

The Kolcraft is really a great double stroller. If it were not so long, I would use it when we go shopping, but like I said, I don''t want to be the parent with the huge stroller blocking everyone else.

The only downside is that all of our stroller are over 30 pounds. And believe it or not, the Graco weighs more than the BOB. I''m down to 135 and still losing (I''m beginning to think something is wrong, but that''s just between me and you ladies cause Nate is gonna go all doctor on me and I can''t stand that.), but I think the Graco is like 40 pounds.

If I had to recommend something, it would be the regular Kolcraft Options stroller. The single one folds down to a ridiculous size.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have any feedback on the chicco c6 - their umbrella model? It''s quite affordable.

Thanks
35.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2010 10:14:36 AM
Author: lovelylulu
Does anyone have any feedback on the chicco c6 - their umbrella model? It''s quite affordable.

Thanks
35.gif
I remember looking at that one, but decided on the Graco IPO instead. I can''t remember why now! It looks like a great affordable option.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
At this point we just have the BOB. We use it all the time, for long walks/runs and occasionally to go to the mall. When we're doing more of the popping in and out of stores type stuff, I either carry him in and then put him in the seat of the shopping cart, or throw him in the mei tai/Ergo.

ETA - as far as recommendations go, it just really depends on how you're going to be using it. We needed a jogging stroller as I regularly take him on runs. The BOB is big and heavy enough that it wouldn't work as an only stroller unless you have a good carrier and like to use it, but it works for us.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Two - Bugaboo and Maclaren Quest. Bugaboo got more use when she was an infant and also good for walks around the neighborhood (and or City visits) as it handles concrete/curbs well.

The Mac gets alot more spontaneous use--ie walk around town, mall visit,etc. and is great when it''s just me (easy to open/close and lightweight).

The whole storage thing is not something that is a big deal to me. I don''t carry tons and what I do can go in diaper bag that hangs over the stroller handle. Coat can get stuffed in the net basket under the stroller which my Mac does have.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
we have a SNG for noah now, a bugaboo cameleon from when B was younger, a single BOB from when B was younger, a double BOB for both boys and a single maclaren.

the SNG i use all the time now as it''s easiest with the carseat and when noah falls asleep in the car.
the bugaboo i use for walks sometimes when B doesn''t want to sit in the stroller. we got the attachable wheel board for B to stand on.
the single BOB we let a friend borrow as we have no use for it anymore.
the maclaren is in the car for when i take B out and noah is not asleep. i put noah in a carrier and push B in the stroller if he wants to sit in it. and when we only had 1 kid, that was our traveling stroller.
the double BOB we have at home for when i take both kids out on a walk.

man, that''s a lot of strollers.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
right now we just have SNG from a friend. trying to figure out what to get from there. city mini is looking like the front contender at this point. i also am not one who carries a lot of bags or stuff in general. i don''t go to the mall hardly at all and if i do i hit 1-2 stores and then leave. if i went to target or something i probably wouldn''t bring a big stroller, i''d bring an umbrella or something and just put the bags on my arms.

most of my mom friends recommend the SNG then an umbrella and that''s it.
the rest of my mom friends recommend the BOB and an umbrella (or SNG, BOB, umbrella) or whatever.

since we can''t fit the BOB in our car, we need a ''full size'' stroller with a smaller footprint and the city mini and the valco latitude are the two that seemed the best. and we don''t have room for a lot of strollers in general. but i have only seen city mini in person, no one seems to carry the VL. the one hand fold for city mini is pretty awesome too.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Question about umbrella strollers:

We were at a store recently that encouraged us to look at getting the city mini for our umbrella stroller vs the Quest or the Gluxe. Now that I''ve read through this post I''m wondering if the city mini is way too big to be used as umbrella stroller It didn''t seem like it at the time when we checked it out and it had a lot of functionality. Our primary stroller will be the uppa baby vista.

Would anyone recommend it for that purpose or should we be looking at the Quest and Gluxe again?

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2010 2:45:35 AM
Author: violet02
Question about umbrella strollers:

We were at a store recently that encouraged us to look at getting the city mini for our umbrella stroller vs the Quest or the Gluxe. Now that I''ve read through this post I''m wondering if the city mini is way too big to be used as umbrella stroller It didn''t seem like it at the time when we checked it out and it had a lot of functionality. Our primary stroller will be the uppa baby vista.

Would anyone recommend it for that purpose or should we be looking at the Quest and Gluxe again?
We have the city mini and it''s the only stroller we have ever used (we used it as a SNG in the beginning). It''s not that big at all and very light. Maybe a little bigger (and heavier) than an umbrella stroller though. I''m not familiar w/ the Quest or Gluxe, but we really love the city mini. It folds super easy and works well in tight places. Since we use it as our main stroller though, and you plan to use the Uppa, it would come down to price for me. If the Quest or Gluxe are cheaper, I''d probably go w/ one of those before the Mini.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Violet: It depends on what you are looking for. The Quest (can't speak for Gluxe) goes up to 55lbs vs the 50lbs of the city mini and weighs about 4lbs less. However, I would imagine that by the time LO is 50lbs, he/she wouldn't be interested in riding around in a stroller. The city mini has a lot more storage in the bottom than the Quest but the Quest is cheaper.

ETA: BTW congrats on the pregnancy! I didn't know you were expecting
5.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Once my babies outgrow the SNG I will get an umbrella stroller, probably a MaClaren. I also have the double BOB for walks and jogging!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE my McLaeren (sp?) Techno. I don''t know which one the Triumph is, but all of my friends who have McLearens say that they love them, so I''m sure that you will love it.

I have a couple of friends who have BOBs. I would say that it''s a great jogging/trail stroller, and one of them is very sporty, so it''s perfect for her. The other one though, the only exercise she gets is walking around the mall and restaurants. I HATE going shopping/out to lunch with her when she brings that thing, because she insists on parking it at our table, and it''s so long and huge that it''s always in the way and difficult to maneuver. I much prefer the McLearen for indoors.

I just purchased a Baby Trend Elite Sit N Stand, the special edition that they make for One Step Ahead. It''s still in the box. I really wanted a Sit N Stand since my DS will be 3 and a half when the new baby is born next month, and he still likes to stroll, but I didn''t want the bulkiness of a double stroller. I''m just afraid that I won''t love it as much as my McLearen, which I probably won''t be using again until the new baby turns around a year old.

The one thing that I DON''T recommend to anyone with a new baby (so I know this doesn''t apply to the OP) is a traditional travel system. I really wanted one because I thought it was so cute and matchy-matchy, so I got one of the nice ones from Graco. But, I really wish that I had just gotten the infant carseat and a snap n go instead. In fact, I may end up getting a snap n go now for shorter trips with the two kids or for times that I just take the baby out alone, so I don''t have to deal with the bulkiness of the travel system or sit n stand for just the infant carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results