carat
color
clarity

Stringing clasp recommendations

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello pearl ladies!

I’d like recommendations regarding clasp use on this 35+” strand. I’ve blended 2 strands of WSS baroque pearls, 9+-13+ mm. My quandary is whether to use 1 or 2 orbit clasp. I had asked Alexandra at PP about options to make the strand interchangeable for 16-18” and 20-21” strands, she has suggested using 2 orbit clasp.
She recommended staying away from the Miracle clasp as it would ruin 4 pearls due to the large boaring required to place them and they are more apt to be problematic due to possibly coming loose.

So my quandrum is, using 2 of the 10x30 mm orbit clasp will visually break up the strand when worn as one long. She thinks it would be a fun/chick look for it since they are baroque’s. I do love the flexibility for having 2 lengths that can be worn separately as single short strands, layering 2 together or as one long.

Thoughts please!

A885DBEB-8514-42B8-BB2F-F6F39CA92436.jpeg 3E70C4FD-B245-4A71-85D9-3CA3FD0E5D60.jpeg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m also open to suggestions for other clasp styles.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know my vote... I love that I can connect my bracelet with my necklace due to using the same clasps! I'd suggest choosing a really cool, unique clasp so it's more of a highlight rather than something you're trying to blend.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As long as you get 2 of the same kind of clasp they will interconnect. It's true that the orbit clasp will break up the line of pearls more than other clasps.
Rio Grande has an assortment of white gold clasps; you may find something you like better. Here is one 21mm long that might go nicely with the shape of the pearls: https://www.riogrande.com/product/14k-white-gold-teardrop-open-swirl-bead-safety-clasp/679597

@pearlsngems, thank you! I love this and may just get 2 of those as I agree with you!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know my vote... I love that I can connect my bracelet with my necklace due to using the same clasps! I'd suggest choosing a really cool, unique clasp so it's more of a highlight rather than something you're trying to blend.

@ILikeShiny, I’ve definitely thought about that too!
It’s finding the right ones.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw that one (I also put in an order for clasps this week) and thought it was very pretty too!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@pearlsngems I’d love to see what you ordered.

I ordered more of 2 kinds of clasps I have used before, which I like for their appearance, ease of use, comfort, security and price. I'm gradually changing out the clasps on some of my necklaces, where the original clasp was uncomfortable (itchy on my neck) or hard to manipulate, or when I want to be able to connect necklaces with identical clasps or when I want to make an extender.

The first is a sterling silver flower magnetic clasp (a closeout item) and the other is a small rhodium-plated sterling silver oval push clasp (a.k.a. "orbit clasp"). I bought multiples of both.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results