shape
carat
color
clarity

Strange question about halo

stci

Ideal_Rock
Hi everybody!

Would like to know if I can call my ring halo.

I know it's a ballerina but Is what I'd do a mistake by calling it halo because there are round and baguette diamonds around?

oec31.jpg

stci

Ideal_Rock
42 visits and no answer! I do not think this question was a tough one! :D

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
I think your ring is gorgeous and that you should call it whatever you like! :) most uneducated folk dont know what a halo is anyways...

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I don't think of it as a halo. I think of it as a sun burst. But I'm on PS and before PS the only halo I ever heard of was on an angel's head!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it can be called a halo! A very fancy halo!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think it would be considered a halo. A halo is usually metal set with tiny diamonds that surrounds a stone.

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
well halo means "surrounding" to me so yes i think you can call it a halo

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I would call it a halo, too! As previous posters have stated, it is just a way to describe diamonds that surround your center stone - If telling someone over the phone or in an email, you could always describe it as, "my ring has a round and baguette diamond halo." I think they will get the picture. ;-)

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
That's a great question. I have a similar ring and often wonder if it's technically a halo. I say yes!

DSCN1238.jpg

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn't consider it a halo. Halo's have a specific look and yours, to me, doesn't meet the criteria. A Ballerina ring, YES. Diamond with accent diamonds, YES. Halo...not so much. To me, halo rings have round diamonds of the same size surrounding one main diamond. You can call it whatever you want though ;0) I'd call it pretty.

stci

Ideal_Rock
If we take a ring like this one it seem more easy to call it halo no?

Yet it's a ballerina.... is this because the baguettes are more substantial ?

What do you think?

ballerina_halo.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
stci, if you want to split etymological hairs, then yes, you could consider your ring to have a halo. But, is it the best description? Probably not. If I needed to describe your beautiful ring to someone who couldn't see it in person, I'd say it's a modified ballerina of baguettes and rounds.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
vanilla87|1294889317|2821325 said:
I think your ring is gorgeous and that you should call it whatever you like! :) most uneducated folk dont know what a halo is anyways...

This is funny, I had a friend at work say to me when I got my second halo "oh you and your circle rings" hehehehe
anyway, Stci I would call yours a lovely ballerina. :love:

stci

Ideal_Rock
cellentani|1294935955|2821657 said:
stci, if you want to split etymological hairs, then yes, you could consider your ring to have a halo. But, is it the best description? Probably not. If I needed to describe your beautiful ring to someone who couldn't see it in person, I'd say it's a modified ballerina of baguettes and rounds.

Ho no! This is not why I asked this question. It's just to be sure to not make mistake when I describe my ring.

Why "modified" ballerina?

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
sphenequeen|1294899405|2821422 said:
I would call it a halo, too! As previous posters have stated, it is just a way to describe diamonds that surround your center stone - If telling someone over the phone or in an email, you could always describe it as, "my ring has a round and baguette diamond halo." I think they will get the picture. ;-)

Yep-simple. You could call it a halo or a diamond surround-call it what you like. There are a many ways to describe jewelry. People born after 1985 (and people who don't know jewelry!) may not even know the term "ballerina." How about you call it a diamond ring with a lovely old European cut, and then delve into the history of old cuts. :saint:

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
stci|1294928973|2821575 said:
If we take a ring like this one it seem more easy to call it halo no?

Yet it's a ballerina.... is this because the baguettes are more substantial ?

What do you think?

This style is called ballerina, because the baguettes surround the center stone like a ballet dancer's tutu. Size of the baguettes is not the qualifier-it's the overall design.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Totally OT, but Coatimundi, the ring in your avatar is gooooorgeous

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
To me it's a ballerina, not a halo. Whatever you call it, it's beautiful! Enjoy! :appl:

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe the ballerina style is a type of halo? I've never heard that before, fun thing to learn though. I like the tutu comparison. Your ring is beautiful.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
"Ballerina" style rings have some sort of a "halo" around the center stone (whatever shape or mixed shapes used for a particular ring) displaying what a "tutu" on a ballerina looks like. Some go up and some down kind of in a wave if you know what I mean ... These are ballerina style rings -

Call your ring what you wish - It is pretty and looks beautiful on you :)

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
To me, the halo style implies a center stone surrounded by tightly and evenly spaced diamonds that traces the outline of the center stone's shape. Ballerina rings can vary the outline, peak, or go up and down like that of a tutu, which is how they got their name.

I am a big fan of both styles.

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
I wouldnt call it a halo if it were mine. but I would call it BEAUTIFUL! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

You can see the ring in my pic is also surrounded by diamonds, but I dont consider it to be a halo either! FWIW

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results