shape
carat
color
clarity

Strange dreams?!

A

Anonymous

So, has anyone else had strange wedding related dreams?

Last night I had one. It was mostly wonderful...mostly! It started out weird. We plan to marry in the church, and in the dream we had a regular mass before our ceremony. I wasn't with FI, because we were supposed to be apart until the wedding. So I was in the back, and he was in the front. The church was already decorated for our wedding, but it was a regular mass with a bunch of people I didn't know (like a regular Sunday). Anyhow, it was wonderful because I felt SO happy and excited to finally be there. ::) It was an *amazing* feeling! So after the mass, I went to go get changed into my wedding dress for our ceremony. That's when it got really weird and not so great. They unzipped the dress bag and this UUUUUGLY dress was in it! :knockout: It was floral pattern, halter top with a bright pink stripe that went around the neck to the floor on both sides (kind of like a "U") in the front. It was hideous! I burst into tears because that wasn't my dress, and I knew it! So FMIL ran off to try to call the shop where we'd bought it from, then I woke up to the sound of FI's alarm.

What's up with that?! LOL :lol:

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I had soooo many weird wedding dreams in the months leading up to the big day but I didn't have any a few weeks prior.

Most of mine centered around me not being prepared. Like I slept in, or a forgot to schedule a hair appointment. The good things about those dreams was that they got me off my ass to get planning stuff done. I think I have those dreams b/c I'm a huge procrastinator.

ETA: I didn't add the $$ symbols when I wrote the "a" word above! Is this a feature I never noticed??

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I had some weird ones the month before my wedding. Most of them involved things going wrong. I don't remember the details anymore.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Travel Goddess said:
I had soooo many weird wedding dreams in the months leading up to the big day but I didn't have any a few weeks prior.

Most of mine centered around me not being prepared. Like I slept in, or a forgot to schedule a hair appointment. The good things about those dreams was that they got me off my a$$ to get planning stuff done. I think I have those dreams b/c I'm a huge procrastinator.

ETA: I didn't add the $$ symbols when I wrote the "a" word above! Is this a feature I never noticed??

I had plenty of strange dreams about the proposal before it happened (pretty sure I made a thread about it lol).. but I don't think I've had any wedding related ones yet.

*testing the ass, money symbol thing :$$): *

Update: Yep! Has to be a new feature

I am going dress shopping for the first time next week and I have been having a variety of wedding dress-related dreams, everything from wonderful (I dreamt I lost like 40 lbs and looked like a model) to horrible (the wrong people were with me and the dress shop was in a musty smelling old basement!).

so the short answer, is YES!

A

Anonymous

I'm glad to hear it's not just me. Thanks for sharing! :lol:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not just you...

I dreamed my mom/grandparents wanted to help so planned a bbq wedding in their backyard and didn't tell me about it.

Then there was the one where we went to services like usual and just before they started someone ran up and asked why I wasn't dressed yet -- the wedding is about to start. I had no dress, no flowers/cake, no music...

Oh.... and the one where I got arrested at the rehearsal dinner :rolleyes: . I dreamed that one of FI's friends decided that the RD needed some... entertainment.... and hired a stripper. Well... no one else seemed to notice or care but I was FURIOUS and quite literally shoved her naked body out the door. A few minutes later the police showed up to arrest me for assault and I spent the night before my wedding in jail not sure if I'd get out in time for the wedding. (this is the craziest thing ever -- FI and his friends are the most boring, quiet guys you'd care to find.)

And countless dreams of bad weather, not prepared (hair, make-up, dress, flowers...), "helpful" family, missing guests, lack of dancing, bad dancing (like falling on my face), food poisoning, spilling drinks on my dress, agressive photographers (ahem... Grandpa)

mrs.anthony2be

Rough_Rock
I had a dream we were hving a joint wedding with our recently married frends, fi and i were about to walk down the aisle together (?) When we realized we were both in pjs. And didnt have a marrige license. Or rings. Or guests. And i woke up freaking out that thats what will happen! I think its just that its all overwhelming and controls our minds

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results