shape
carat
color
clarity

Strange Dream of Future Ring and an update

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I have to tell you guys this story because I woke up hoping that it wasn''t true.
2.gif
First off I should say that everything went well with the purchase of our condo and we moved in at the end of June. It was the best decision we have made. I now feel like my life is in one place rather than living between two apartments. It is hard in NYC when even living 20 blocks apart could mean a half hour walk. So one would think that an engagement in the next year would be on the horizon.

This past weekend we went to some of the vineyards on Long Island. The topic came up again of where we would get married. I want to get married in the Adirondacks because I have a lot of memories from my childhood there. He doesn''t think its a great idea because it would be difficult for us to plan plus a lot of travel time for our family and friends. His sister got married at one of the Vineyards out here and it was beautiful. I''m not really a beach kind of girl so we were discussing if it would be ok to have it at one of the other Vineyards out there to make it a little bit different. Anyway, he thanked me for not pressuring him about when we were going to move in together and asked that I do the same with his timing here. I''m perfectly fine with doing that as long as he proposes sometime in this next year. He says that we''ll get married in 2009. I wish it was next year but I can wait as long as it is going to happen. Anyway, on to my dream.

Two nights ago I had a dream that he gave me a yellowish clowdy looking cushion diamond that almost looked like see through glass with 3 spots that looked like clowds. I remember that in my dream I didn''t want to tell him because I didn''t want to hurt his feelings and I remember showing him the clowds when I put my hand under the stone and you could see through it. Now, I don''t even know how any of that could have happened. Then I remember him taking me to a store to pick out a setting because he picked out on that I didn''t like. The sales women told me that she didn''t know if they had anything like that and she had to get back to me. I woke up then.

I think I''m scared that he''ll get me something that he thinks I''ll like based on what I''ve asked for in the past (other gifts). Its not that, that wouldn''t be great, but I''m afraid that I change my mind too often and my taste is always changing. The point here is that I''m afraid to let go of the control eventhough this is his thing and I know he wants it to be a surprise.

Thanks for listening guys. Does anyone else have any strange dreams like this?

sleeping beauty

Shiny_Rock
before we started the ring process i used to have LOTS of dreams like that. not cause i dont trust his taste but because i''m very picky on what i wear, eat, just about everything, so i got up the courage to ask well nearly beg so that i can be very involved in the process of choosing the ring. i told him once i picked what i wanted i would back off and let him do the rest. wish i have and its now bitting me in the a$$ cause i have no clue what going on and its driving me crazy. OK back to you... sry so i would suggest you chat with him and tell him that he can still make it a surprise while you are still involved in picking out what you like... another idea would be to pick a few designs of what you want and let him pick the final choice....hope that helps a bit

sred2

Rough_Rock
I just had a dream similiar to that!! It started out where I had a gorgeous round brilliant and then it morphed into this hideous cushion and then I kept losing it... I woke up stressed out! haha!

Anyway, I agree that you should let him know how you''re feeling and ask to be included in the picking out of your ring... whenever that might happen
2.gif

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
I had a very similar dream. I think we finally have the ring picked out that WE want. But anyways I had a dream that we went to pick it up. Well first off, it came in a box similar to those larger wooden boxes for fancy tea bags (kind of like what they have in restaurants), then when I opened this LARGE box it was the ugliest ring I have ever seen. The diamond was huge, but it looked like 4 carats of crystallized rock candy and the band, oh the band, was just awful. I was in tears, and then my fiancee in the dream was in tears and mad at me that I didn''t like the ring.

I think we have all these dreams. As far as keeping those anxious feelings at bay of what he might pick for you, SHOW HIM! Cut out magazine pictures, email him photos of what you like. Even suggest going to look at jewlery stores. That is what we did. I was even suprised that the rings I thought I liked from all the beautiful PS rings and websites, I didn''t like on my finger. We had a blast, it made me feel better and he felt good about the experience because he wants to get me something I love. The men appreciate the nudge! Good luck!

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
I agree- tell him, show him, whatever it takes! I have been holding my BF''s hand through the e-ring creating process and he is really grateful. He says I am going to wear it for the rest of my life, so it better be just what I want! (Gotta love him!
9.gif
) I don''t know if it will make the dreams go away, but it is a good way to ensure that when you do get the ring in reality it is all you ever dreamed of!

goodfun7580

Shiny_Rock
All your dreams are hilarious! I had a dream not to long ago, that my boyfriend asked me to marry him in walmart, with a hidious ring he bought there! The even scarier part was, out of curiousity, I stopped by the jewelry counter in walmart the next day, and the ring was there!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I had a dream like that too. Dreamt that my boyfriend shoved a metal ring in my hand while he was talking to a girl friend of his, and that my ring fell apart when I touched it afterwards. I think it''s just ring anxiety, and wondering if your boyfriend will choose something that you actually like. I agree that you should probably find ways to give him a good idea of what you want.. but make sure you know what that is first!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
haha those dreams are the worst! last weekend i had a dream that my ff proposed with a hideous yellow gold ring that had the ugliest filigree that went from my (hand)bottom knuckle up to my middle one in a horrible triangle shape and had three round (flat!) diamonds lined up down the center which were held in place with cardboard and metal tabs (like a picture frame!) it kept falling apart whenever i went to show anyone. it was so horrible - not even close to the emerald cut center with a halo like i am anticipating!

i had that same fear - for some reason i was super picky when looking at rings and i just didn''t really love anything...until i tried on an emerald with a halo.i just knew it was the one! my bf was a little bummed that he had very little creative license when it came to designing it, but i showed him enough different variations of the same style, and he ended up picking one that i had never seen before (until i accidentally saw a picture of it on his computer!) .I agree with everyone else - Even if he wants it to be a surprise, you can still provide him with enough pictures of things you know you do like (which from your tag line it sounds like a lot!) so that it is a guaranteed winner, but he still has options! and definatly go ring shopping so that you can try them on - that way you''ll both have an idea of what you like, and more importantly what you don''t - which is hard to do when you are just occasionally showing him pictures here and there. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results