shape
carat
color
clarity

Strange asscher question.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
OK, now don''t make fun of me for this, please.

Does anyone feel funny when and/or after they look down into an asscher? Now, I love asschers they are awesome, but if I look into one (which is what I guess you''d call it with a step cut), I get a funny, dizzy feeling. Sort of like when you look down off a tall building.

Realize, maybe that I tend to get migraines and am often fighting one. I bet this has something to do with it.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
does this happen when you are trying to focus on other things? Maybe your vision is changing ? Does it happen when you are looking at other rings on your finger?

those asschers are just so hypnotizing!!!
1.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Garry. I just did an Internet search and saw that you wrote about this elsewhere. I knew I couldn''t be the only one.

--

No, I don''t have this with the shapes that are non-steps. And, yes, the vision is changing. Midlife - sigh.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yep. I''d call it a "hall of mirrors" effect. I believe this is a term strmrdr uses as well. In fact when I examine Asschers one of the features I particularly look for is a symmetrically patterned hall of mirrors. In some asschers the mirrors are larger/broader and in others thinner and more refined. Each of these can take on a different personality which appeals to some more than others but both are beautiful. The amount of steps on the pavilion can sometimes contribute to this but does not dictate how fat or thin the mirrors/steps are.

Peace,

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is one of my favorite parts of asschers!! They are just so fascinating to look at, they are almost endless.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Totally k. It is this aspect that kind of mesmerizes you. Almost hypnotic. An optical phenomena that is impossible to get in any other shape. Once you get taken in by that coupled with great brightness/contrast/fire, its hard to turn back.
10.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm never thought of that will looking down a ten mile deep hole of a well cut asscher bug some people.
Well I guess it could.
The best assschers do look like they are 10 miles deep looking into them in the right lighting.
hence my term "10 mile deep look"

could be the hall of mirrors effect also I spose as some people cant stare at repeating patterns without it bugging them.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
It happens to me, too. But, I think my reaction is more severe. Often times I feel my heart quicken and my breath shortened! I''ve also been told it looks like my eyes go out of focus!

Wishing I had one, too!!

chirp

Shiny_Rock
yes. and that''s why I like step-cuts. they''re like small doors into a dream world, hypnotising.
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2008 3:50:12 AM
Author: chirp
yes. and that''s why I like step-cuts. they''re like small doors into a dream world, hypnotising.
1.gif
yep yep SE and EC also.

I was looking at a large EC pendant set longside up/down a while back and it looked like a loooong hallway you could walk down and open the door at the end of it.
Was way kewl but at $60k way too rick for my pocketbook.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2008 4:33:37 PM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade

Also known as the ''Wish I Had One'' Effect.
lol I love it!!!!
I will have too remember that one!

lets see we have...
The 10 mile deep effect
the wishing well effect
the hall of mirrors effect
the long hallway with a door effect
the smooth water effect of glassy large tabled ones.
and the...
Wish I had one Effect! :}

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results