shape
carat
color
clarity

Story Time - Dad and his Overalls.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Replying to DancingFires post re “judging a book by its cover” I am avoiding the housework by sharing a story.
Dads overalls are bright blue, covered in stains and dried paint and have the name “Bob” on the top left hand side. Dads name is not Bob! Dad found them by the side of the road, probably fallen out the back of a tradies Ute or Truck, and took them home, as you do!
He loves wearing them. In his working life with multi university degrees he was a senior Govt official wearing expensive suits, having a driver and a car even, dealing with multi millions, important foreign delegates etc etc so he rather liked being Bob on the weekends!
Bob always got asked advice when he was at the hardware store, Bob always got an extra large serve of hot chips at the fish shop. On hot days Bob would be offered a free cold drink, he’d always get a nod and a wave from fellow overall wearing blokes. Any time we needed a quote for work around the house, Bob would be getting the very reasonable price.
Years ago on a work day, traffic was really heavy. This day I was getting a lift in to town. Eventually we came upon a car broken down in the centre lane causing chaos.
Like Superman, Dad had his “Bob” outfit in the boot so taking off the suit jacket, handing me his fancy watch, wallet and fountain pen, Dad transformed into Bob.
Bob opened the bonnet. Bob got under the car. Bob fiddled about and got the car running again. Bobs work was done.
Later that day at the office a person commented to Dad “this morning there was a traffic hold up and as I went past there was a car mechanic who looked so much like you (Dad has very black hair and a rather full black beard) I had to look twice.
Dad smiled and said nothing.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Replying to DancingFires post re “judging a book by its cover” I am avoiding the housework by sharing a story.
Dads overalls are bright blue, covered in stains and dried paint and have the name “Bob” on the top left hand side. Dads name is not Bob! Dad found them by the side of the road, probably fallen out the back of a tradies Ute or Truck, and took them home, as you do!
He loves wearing them. In his working life with multi university degrees he was a senior Govt official wearing expensive suits, having a driver and a car even, dealing with multi millions, important foreign delegates etc etc so he rather liked being Bob on the weekends!
Bob always got asked advice when he was at the hardware store, Bob always got an extra large serve of hot chips at the fish shop. On hot days Bob would be offered a free cold drink, he’d always get a nod and a wave from fellow overall wearing blokes. Any time we needed a quote for work around the house, Bob would be getting the very reasonable price.
Years ago on a work day, traffic was really heavy. This day I was getting a lift in to town. Eventually we came upon a car broken down in the centre lane causing chaos.
Like Superman, Dad had his “Bob” outfit in the boot so taking off the suit jacket, handing me his fancy watch, wallet and fountain pen, Dad transformed into Bob.
Bob opened the bonnet. Bob got under the car. Bob fiddled about and got the car running again. Bobs work was done.
Later that day at the office a person commented to Dad “this morning there was a traffic hold up and as I went past there was a car mechanic who looked so much like you (Dad has very black hair and a rather full black beard) I had to look twice.
Dad smiled and said nothing.
i love that story
but im biased because i think a man looks quite attractive in overalls

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
awesome!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah that is an awesome story Bron, nobody tells a story like you.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely story. Sounds as though you are very much like him, same generous heart.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bron your dad sounds like a fantastic guy and I love the Bob overalls story

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your dad sounds like a wonderful man @Bron357!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your stories :kiss2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Dad was a Bob. Your Bob was a lot more intriguing than my Bob, but my bob can make anything with wood. He was a WWII veteran, 11 Battlestars, a blue collar worker and a recovered alcoholic. My Bob, while moved on in 07, still holds my hand and heart.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI,

Love that story. Your dad s an interesting guy.

Annette

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results