shape
carat
color
clarity

Stone Suggestions

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
I’ve gone a bit over the top with my eBaying lately and bought a 18k gold and citrine ring. I don’t even like citrine but the setting was rather unique. Any suggestions on a stone that might go well in this setting? It is currently 1.25ct citrine. I’d like something that pops a bit more. I really don’t want to spend more than $1000- $1500.
E44C1D62-43F0-4B8E-A903-FED64784F40B.jpeg
67927F2B-4A86-42BB-A85F-D7E7986F7DD4.jpeg B3C959E0-F181-49BA-93F2-0D9C0E54EC35.jpeg

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
It is unique, and I like it. I am one to think that mainly blue to violet colored stones are the best in 18k yellow gold because it's on the opposite side of the color wheel. Your budget for a small stone like that should cover most anything, with few exceptions I would think.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous setting! It reminds me both of the joyously playful rococo and the wonderful style of Bucelati. love the sculptural quality of the gold forms. I also can imagine blue and lavenders with it. Very special setting!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'd think that the rich gold setting would diminish the blue of all but the most saturated gemstones. If you're going for blue, definitely go for a royal blue instead of a mint or sky blue. The stone I would put in place of citrine would be a red red spessartite, or a lavender spinel. Ruby would look oh so delicious in that setting, but it's not likely to fall within the price range you stated.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rich Blue sapphire. I think that would look beautiful.
Love the setting. :love:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Imagine this...
https://www.thegemtrader.com/gems-ruby-sapphire/118-ct-burmese-flame-spinel

RSpinelI.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg what a lovely setting!!! I think green or blue would be incredible

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Green with a hint of blue would be great too, such as tourmaline. Pretty affordable and tends to come in rectangular cuts.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Vivid blue as other have suggested but a rich green blue tourmaline might look good too

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some really great suggestions above, I just wanted to comment on how I love the organic look to that ring. I think the citrine disappears in there, and I’m glad you’re replacing it. I will just say that If you’re very hard on your jewelry, I wouldn’t go with tourmaline, aqua, or any stone lower than a 7 on the hardness scale. If not, then those gems are options.

Tanzanite would even look good in there, although I never recommend it for rings since it’s so brittle, but that ring is flat to the hand and has a large amount of metal around the stone.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A vivid, lighter green emerald would look fantastic in that setting.

Also emeralds tend to come in exactly the shape you need.
Or tsavorite. :bigsmile:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tsavorite!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
With the smallish sized stone required, you have many choices! I think any strong-colored stone would work.

Personally, I would like a golden yellow stone that was close in color to the yellow gold of that setting. (I have large hands and that would make for a larger, rather uninterrupted presence on the finger). But if you did decide to get a similar color, I'd go for one that's brighter than the current stone, with more sparkly facets, whether another citrine, a golden-yellow sapphire or whatever. Or amber might be interesting. Can't wait to see what you get!

Last edited:

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
This is gorgeous! I am going to DM the vendor on this one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results