shape
carat
color
clarity

Stone size vs hand

Hikari

Rough_Rock
This is a 7mm cushion cz I ordered from amazon. I am stuck between 7mm and 7.5mm moissanite antique cut cushion. Since I’m ordering online and can’t hit up the B&M stores I have to try and make an educated guess. I know .5mm doesn’t seem like a huge amount, but it can make the difference between wishing I had gone bigger and regretting it 5F632D0D-1C2B-4486-937C-08CC76429A9F.jpeg being too big and gaudy looking.
So, this is the 7mm cz cushion. I’m wearing a basic 2mm band. I plan to get an eternity band to wear with it in either 2mm or 3mm.
Please tell me whether this size is best for my hand or bigger would be better. Tia

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s personal preference and that looks to be a lovely size on you. But you definitely can go larger imo.

I’m a size 6 on my ring finger and I don’t think 10.5mm looks too large. I like them big and beautiful.

In fact here’s a photo from just a few hours ago. This is with a halo. Not too big. Just right. For me. What’s your sweet spot?

CBD17627-5A67-48D5-BB61-BE3E3DFA76B5.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is really a matter of personal preference and comfort. I had the same debate recently, do I take advantage of an opportunity to go from 6.5mm to 7.4...in the end I decided to stick with the smaller size. A lot of people like a bigger stone, more presence etc.

What I found helpful was going on Brilliant Earth's site and using the tool they have where you can take a picture of your hand and virtually try on rings. I tried on a 1 carat and a 1.5 and that really helped:

1 carat
IMG_8344.jpg

1.5 carat
IMG_8345.jpg

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Personal preference 100 percent. I prefer the 7mm to 7.5mm range myself. I think it looks lovely on everybody. But if you want bigger or smaller then do what YOU want.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I think most people can pull off 2ct (8mm for round, cushions face up smaller) which has presence, without it looking too big. It also depends on your ring size and preferences. DSS is real, so I vote for going with the bigger size!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are worried about gaudy then you are better off with the 7mm to be on the safe side. It looks nice on you, what you don't want is to get the bigger size and then not wear it because you realize it's too big. That's how I get most of my jewelry box ornaments!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think the 7 mm works. I would just think on whether you are really happy with the size or if you wanted a touch bigger.

@YadaYadaYada I tried the Brilliant Earth tool. Kind of cool- it's helpful. It reinforces that a round solitaire looks terrible on me.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elizat, yes the BE tool is great, easy to use, I tried James Allen's and it was too cumbersome. It was really the only thing that convinced me going larger would be a mistake. Geesh, how often is that said on PS?!

Hikari

Rough_Rock
I wear a size 6.5 to 7 depending on whether it’s winter or I have the summer swell up.
I love mammoth cluster rings. *we need a drool emoji*
I am concerned that if I go bigger it will sit in my jewelry box. If I stay this size I may end up experiencing shrinkage, but I can always add a bling band, right?:idea:

Hikari

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your opinions! It helps more than you know, the fact that no one said go down let’s me know I’m on the right track

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think that is a lovely size on you - well-proportioned to your hand, definitely not small, but not so large that all one sees is ring and not hand. Very elegant - a Mama Bear moment - "not too big, not too small, but juuuuust right." But......it really is a very personal thing. I would recommend wearing this CZ around for a while and just getting used to seeing it on your hand, seeing how it blends into your life and lifestyle. I had to do that quite a bit to find my "sweet spot". Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results