shape
carat
color
clarity

Stone Set too high?

tbrntt

Rough_Rock
Picked up my sons engagement ring. He is planning to propose over the 4th. The ring just doesn’t look right the stone looks to be set too high and is crooked. Can the pronged setting be changed? Any help would be appreciated. It just looks off. He won’t give it to her like this.

Attachments

• 8239FC82-BD6B-4B3C-91C0-8D6A75FE03E6.jpeg
    8239FC82-BD6B-4B3C-91C0-8D6A75FE03E6.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Way too high, in my opinion. And it does look like it's crooked or listing to one side.

Should be a quick and easy fix for just about any jeweler. Lots of shops may be backlogged with work, so the sooner they are contacted, the better.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, that’s way too high for my tastes (aesthetically and for practicality too), but is it what your son’s girlfriend suggested? It’s a very definite style for him to have chosen, so maybe she directed him towards it?

The crookedness is a separate issue. It certainly doesn’t look correct from the picture and I’d like it fixed before being given it if it were me.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Hi! Congrats to you and your son!

I also think it appears crooked and is set a bit high.. even if she liked the stone higher set, that’s a lot of clearance between the culet and the ring.

I don’t know how hard she is with her hands but I wonder if there’s a potential for snagging because the design/setting on the shoulder doesn’t meet the head of the ring? There appears to be a gap in your photo at least on one side though I’d assume it’s on both without seeing a top down photo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results