shape
carat
color
clarity

Stone advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda74

Rough_Rock
This stone''s cut is listed as very good....it is a 1.20 ct rb
I did the cut adviser and it looks good to me....anything to be aware of?

Holloway Cut Adviser
Selected: 62.5% depth, 57% table, 33.5° crown angle, 40.6° pavilion angle
The result is for a symmetrical diamond with a medium girdle and very good polish
HCA scores were adjusted Dec. 15, 2001 and Feb. 6, 2003.

Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1 - Excellent
within TIC range
Click here to read usage warnings and information.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
no, something is fishy. double check your numbers. how thick is the girdle? what are the dimensions?

Linda74

Rough_Rock
It is GIA
The dimensions are :
6.67 x 6.73 x 4.19

the girdle is thick to very thick

Price about $5,500

Linda74

Rough_Rock
Also It is an H VS1

Linda74

Rough_Rock
I think I know the problem....too much weight in the girdle...reducing the size and making it appear more like a 1.10 diamond or so....other than that it looks pretty good....
the search continues.....

would you experts totally disregard it based on the information and price given?

gontama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/7/2007 6:43:12 PM
Author: Linda74
I think I know the problem....too much weight in the girdle...reducing the size and making it appear more like a 1.10 diamond or so....other than that it looks pretty good....
the search continues.....

would you experts totally disregard it based on the information and price given?
Yes, it looks like that. But the price $5,500 is not bad even for a 1.10ct H/VS1 diamond. I am more concerned about the c/p combo (33.5 / 40.6) which is pretty shallow compared to those often discussed. Have you seen it? Any IS/ASET available? I may not disregard this diamond. But I would certainly not buy it without more information. Hopefully, an expert, which I am not, may chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results