shape
carat
color
clarity

Still need a transitional in my life

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recently someone started a thread on SMTB about the evolution of your personal style. I realized when I was taking pictures that none of my rings fit apart from this band and it got me to thinking about selling them all. Not just because they don't fit but also because I like the presence of this band I got recently, like this is the sweet spot.

So then started thinking about the transitional I had to pass up and started to do some window shopping. I found the ring in the second pic which is platinum with a .35 carat transitional in the center and transitionals on either side, the rest are single cuts

What I can decide is if the visual impact would be worth the cost, which is not small potatoes.

Another idea is to use the platinum Art Deco setting I already have with a pink sapphire and put a transitional in there, I don't believe the sapphire is original and I do like that set a lot.

Just thoughts but wanted to get some input from my vintage friends. I'll find a pic of the setting I have too.
IMG_7953.JPG IMG_8688.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3145.JPG

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I seriously LOVE this set! I actually like the pink sapphire in there, but I admit that a transitional would look fantastic and more appropriate. The three stone looks amazing too. I'm finding that I love that sideways oval coverage. I'm going to be setting my pad sapphire soon and it will be an East West style.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the three-stone ring! If you don't think it's worth the cost, I think replacing the pink sapphire with a transitional cut would be a great alternative.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@natasha-cupcake, thank you so much! I do like the pink but a diamond would just look "right" you know?

@JPie, the three stone is beautiful but I'm frugal and knowing I have a perfectly good setting I could pop a diamond into (never that simple I know) sounds much more attractive.

The sapphire is around a half carat if I remember correctly, granted diameter is the most appropriate measure but how much approximately will a nice transitional set me back? Also I don't know if I'm just not looking in the right places but it's hard finding a loose transitional. :confused:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have video of this ring as well as another from the same vendor, the other similar in style but with an OEC. They are in my email and when I copied the link to post it was way too long.

Anyone know how to shorten so I can show you guys?

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have video of this ring as well as another from the same vendor, the other similar in style but with an OEC. They are in my email and when I copied the link to post it was way too long.

Anyone know how to shorten so I can show you guys?

Wow, the quote feature is suddenly working for me! =)2

Were you just trying to paste the link into the body of the post, or did you use the link symbol at the top of the box when you go to reply? I have had luck posting long links if I use the link symbol and then post the URL into the box that pops up.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was trying to paste the link but it looked like a paragraph long!

Actually this whole thing is off the table for now because my dog is sick and I'm trying to nurse her back to health, she was supposed to have dental surgery next week but they are postponing until she is better:(2

However I'll have to try what you're talking about next time, thanks @kindred

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooooh, Sorry about your poor doggie, hope your woof is feeling better soon!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Luce!

She has a really bad UTI and it's affecting her walking, I have to carry her to go outside, mind you she is a Shetland Sheepdog so about 25lbs of dog. We are waiting on the results of her labs to see if there is more to it, we have to get her eating and drinking.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either gilded lane or love affair had a video of a transitional on IG recently. Very pretty. I think it was 1.6 carats

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Luce!

She has a really bad UTI and it's affecting her walking, I have to carry her to go outside, mind you she is a Shetland Sheepdog so about 25lbs of dog. We are waiting on the results of her labs to see if there is more to it, we have to get her eating and drinking.
Awww poor little girl. I hope she gets well soon!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results