shape
carat
color
clarity

Steven Kirsch Cushion Halo

Dongela

Rough_Rock
I was looking at options for a setting for a 2.69 Cushion Modified Brilliant Stone for my soon-to-be fiance. The stone is a rectangular cushion with a 1:21 ratio, even though the photos of the ring do not convey the shape..

We are not kids and have each been through prior marriages, so I did not want to just guess at what type of setting she wanted. I tried to ask questions and get her feedback in a variety of ways over the course of several months. We had casually perused several local jewelers here in Los Angeles, and visited other jewelers during our travels to admire settings, and I also encouraged her to look around the web at settings. I teased her and told her I couldn't surprise her if I did not know what type of setting she really wanted.. One day she emailed me a photo of a Steven Kirsh halo setting that she had found on his web page, and gushed about how beautiful it was.... At that point, I Googled Steven's name and easily found tons of great information and testimonials about him and his work here on Pricescope. I really liked the setting too, but initially I was not crazy about the prospect of shipping the diamond to New York and having a fancy setting done on a remote basis --but nothing ventured, nothing gained, so I sent Steven an email

I knew after the first email exchange that Steven was the real deal. He answered our first email in matter of hours,and was communicative and timely every time I contacted him. A couple of other emails and a telephone call was all it took for me to make the leap of faith to commission a setting from Steven. We sent him our stone and gave him some tight schedule parameters.. He did everything possible to make it happen in a matter of about two weeks. When we got the ring it exceeded our expectations! He is a true pleasure to deal with... I could tell from talking to him that each piece of jewelry he crafts is a source of great pride to him...

This is Steven's Casablanca setting.. Our stone is actually rectangular with a 1:21 ratio, but for some reason the upright photos of the ring do not illustrate the rectangular shape very well... I will post another photo of the ring on its side to illustrate this.....

01-untitledbbbbbb.jpg

02-vbdbsdfe.jpg

03-fsdfdsas.jpg

04-2-1-dsc09528.jpg

Dongela

Rough_Rock
Here are some additional photos, including a side view to illustrate the rectangular shape...

07-dsc09539.jpg

06-dsc09451.jpg

3-dsc09479.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh wow thats really really lovely! cant wait for some hand shots of that baby

SB621

Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous! I really love the "leaf" basket"!!!!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cushion and the setting go perfectly together - really a magnificent ring that manages to be both spectacular and elegant - congrats to you both on your upcoming marriage!

Luxie

Shiny_Rock
WOWSA! It's beautiful! That under gallery is so gorgeous. I love the shape and size of the diamond, it's huge! Please post hand shots and share the specs - PS-ers love specs!

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
So beautiful and HUGE!! :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: INCREDIBLE!! That is a fantastic setting - I love the petals/leaves on the undermount - wow! just gorgeous!! Please post a whole lot of hand pics - this will be spectacular on her hand! :appl:

Congratulations on finding each other... and then finding Steven!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, my. That is really really lovely. What GREAT craftsmanship. I actually thought it looked rectangular from the very first shot.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring!!! Just beautiful detail on that basket-love everything about it!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Dongela

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments.. I will get some hand shots...

The stone is a 2.69 ct H SI1.... Its an eye clean stone which faces up bright and whitish for an H, maybe because it has slight fluorescence ... Its has a nice size face for the weight..size is 8.96 x7.36. The melee stones have a combined weight of about 1.83cts

Depth is 70.7% and Table is a 56%.....By the way, I learned from the experts here on Pricescope that cushion cuts have to be seen rather than relying on cert. I think that this might be especially important with rectangular cushions, since they all vary so much... It's a combination of all the angles and proportions rather than any standard specs...

I also learned that relying on exact weight is not the best way to make decisions. I started looking for 2.75 to 3ct stones, but this stone has a bigger face than many of the larger stones even though its a bit lighter....

By the way, I appear to be a newbie here, but I have been active on Pricescope in the past, and have lurked from time to time recently to refresh my knowledge, and learn more about Steven Kirsch's fine work.. (this screen name is a new account since I forgot the old name and logins...)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That is fantastic!! I just love the gallery. Wow!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one of the prettiest galleries I think I have seen :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, sparkle city! It's gorgeous!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very gorgeous ring! :love: Well done! :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The under gallery is to die for! :love: :love: :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beauty! I am a sucker for detailed baskets, and yours is gorgeous!!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow absolutely beautiful!!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: That gallery is stunning!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

My heart just stopped. Somebody come stick me in the chest with a shot of adrenaline!!!

I LOOOOOOOOVE the gallery!!!! Did you hear me? I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! Words cannot convey how much I love your gallery! Just such a beautiful, stunning, exquisite ring!!!!

Dongela

Rough_Rock
Excuse the photo quality,and lack of a recent manicure, but here are some quick hand snapshots.

2-dsc09546-002.jpg

3-dsc09551-002.jpg

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
I have not seen a cushion halo setting that I love as much as this one!!! seriously... so well done .. can I ask what size finger your fiance has just for reference because the stone/setting gives the perfect finger coverage :love:

Dongela

Rough_Rock
She is just under a 4.5 ... We think that the 1:21 rectangular shape works well with her slender fingers

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! :love: The halo is perfection and I adore the leafy basket, total drool worthy! Enjoy wearing your beautiful ring! SK did a fantastic job! :)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is very beautiful!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Perfect choices and so your ring is perfection...so gorgeous! Congrats!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Really gorgeous! Congrats for this new baby! :love: :appl: :love:

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
It's simply stunning... a true beauty! LOVE the basket design too! :love:

Smo

Shiny_Rock
What perfect timing and what a gorgeous ring. I am actually considering a similar setting (the Leon Mege Heidy ring https://www.artofplatinum.com/vault/halo-rings-diamond) but am have just started my diamond search.

This setting is just stunning and I hadn't realised that Steven Kirsh did a similar setting, can I ask will your finance wear a wedding band with the ring?

PinkyPie

Rough_Rock
Holy guacamole! That is one heck of a pretty ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results