shape
carat
color
clarity

Steven Kirsch "Casablanca"

BethanyChristine

Rough_Rock
I'm having a really tough time deciding on the gallery/head of my halo setting for my cushion cut diamond.
I absolutely love Steven Kirsch's "Casablanca" design w/ the petal-like gallery. My only hesitation is do you think it will sit too high and would that take away from the center stone in your opinion vs a cathedral type setting?

_22652.jpg

steven.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cathedral is my vote.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
It is possible to have a petal gallery while it being low. I have two rings with a petal gallery that sits very low.

Pardon the diamond siting slanted - I didn't set the diamond yet.
jh-tranny02.jpg
jh-tranny03.jpg

And here is the one pave. This ring sits higher because of the halo design but the actual gallery is very low.
charmypoo-cvb.jpg

BethanyChristine

Rough_Rock
CharmyPoo|1411523476|3756072 said:
It is possible to have a petal gallery while it being low. I have two rings with a petal gallery that sits very low.

Pardon the diamond siting slanted - I didn't set the diamond yet.
jh-tranny02.jpg
jh-tranny03.jpg

And here is the one pave. This ring sits higher because of the halo design but the actual gallery is very low.
charmypoo-cvb.jpg

Absolutely stunning & unique settings! Thank you for the photos :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A major factor is whether you plan to wear a wedding band with the ring. If you don't, you can set it as low as you want. But if you want to wear a wedding band without a large gap, I think the cathedral with no pave on the doughnut is the best decision.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1411534273|3756134 said:
A major factor is whether you plan to wear a wedding band with the ring. If you don't, you can set it as low as you want. But if you want to wear a wedding band without a large gap, I think the cathedral with no pave on the doughnut is the best decision.

Unless you use a band like what SK made for me .. the chevron type then it can sit flush without bothering the gallery and donut.

yellowman

Rough_Rock
I think the cathedral with no pave on the doughnut is the best decision.

BethanyChristine

Rough_Rock

Such a tough decision! I'm leaning towards not wearing a wedding band as to not take away from the delicate/simpleness of the engagement ring itself. If I do go with the pave on the doughnut I don't mind the gap look as long as it isn't more drastic than the one in this photo -

_22656.jpg

BethanyChristine

Rough_Rock
CharmyPoo|1411545034|3756167 said:

Unless you use a band like what SK made for me .. the chevron type then it can sit flush without bothering the gallery and donut.

Do you have any photos?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, yes, I think that is the band that has an almost v-shape to it that Charmy is talking about. I really prefer straight bands, though.

But I agree with you that I am fine with a small gap and actually prefer it over flush. You just can't have diamonds on a gallery scratching up a wedding band. But you can have it made so it doesn't do that. I'd just have the base/doughnut high enough to accommodate a band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results