shape
carat
color
clarity

Steamer recommendations— preferably hand-held

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m looking for something that will take out creases from garments that have spent time folded. So not to replace an iron but to do touch ups. Most interested in a hand-held one so that I can bring it on trips but if you have a larger one, please share that as well.

Thank you!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Second the Jiffy one Ellen linked. I find handheld ones too weak to be effective.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Rowenta steamer (not hand held.)
https://www.rowentausa.com/LINEN-CA...TER-VALET-GARMENT-STEAMER-IS6300/p/1830004290

I've used ones like Ellen posted in the past. In my experience they take forever to heat up, and I just don't have that kind of time--those are more commercial grade and are built to last through daily heavy use. The Rowenta I posted takes about 45 seconds. The tanks on those Jiffys need to be specially cleaned every so often. The Rowenta doesn't require any special cleaning, it's just a removable plastic tank that you refill as needed. I steam everything now--don't own an iron anymore. I steam drapes, tablecloths, my clothes, my daughter's clothes, you name it. The only thing it isn't great for is getting a crisp press or crease in anything. I've had it for two years and am really happy with it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a Rowenta steamer (not hand held.)
https://www.rowentausa.com/LINEN-CA...TER-VALET-GARMENT-STEAMER-IS6300/p/1830004290

I've used ones like Ellen posted in the past. In my experience they take forever to heat up, and I just don't have that kind of time--those are more commercial grade and are built to last through daily heavy use. The Rowenta I posted takes about 45 seconds. The tanks on those Jiffys need to be specially cleaned every so often. The Rowenta doesn't require any special cleaning, it's just a removable plastic tank that you refill as needed. I steam everything now--don't own an iron anymore. I steam drapes, tablecloths, my clothes, my daughter's clothes, you name it. The only thing it isn't great for is getting a crisp press or crease in anything. I've had it for two years and am really happy with it.
I would say mine takes the same, maybe less.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say mine takes the same, maybe less.

I certainly don't want to dispute your claim, and maybe your model is faster than the one you linked to which says in the description "2 minutes or less," but having used professional (some Jiffy, some other manufacturers) steamers in retail settings and a tailor shop over the past 20 years, I'm saying the Rowenta I have, mainly because of the materials it's made of, takes far less time (relative to the situation of course) than any commercial or light commercial steamer I've ever used.
Two recent examples:
I worked for a non-profit "thrift" store that accepted donations. We steamed every single accepted garment to not only make sure it looked presentable to put on a rack, but because a commercial unit generates hot enough steam to kill most bacteria and bugs.
I helped a friend who owns a tailor shop on a very part time basis a few years ago. You cannot steam an entire bridal gown unless it's a very simple one, with one tank of water. It takes at least two, and the time it takes for the first AND second tank to heat high enough is downtime wasted. These recent experiences are what I'm mostly basing my time difference on.
Maybe it's from having used so many commercial models over the years, but another two things I don't like about those is the weight of them and their awkwardness to move around from location to location. I also dislike the metal pole. They have always seemed oddly disproportionate to the heft of the tank. It's probably just a personal preference thing.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monnie, to be honest, I just linked what looked like mine and was basically what I paid for mine. So that may not be the exact one, but it's close if not the same. However, mine basically is steaming away very shortly after I plug it in, like almost right away. I dunno.
Idunno1.gif

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results