shape
carat
color
clarity

state farm insurance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icey

Rough_Rock
Anybody have experience with them?good or bad?
I know Chubb gives cash back,but SF claims to replace with "like quality"...is this risky if you insure with them a Tiffany ring( obviously I would want a Tiffany ring as replacement)...nor would they state so in the contract, they can only verbally reassure me.Should I worry?

coussen2

Rough_Rock
I have been insured with state farm for a few years now, not on a ring, but on auto, renters and a 5000 dollar necklace, the necklace was stolen in a break in, and they replaced it exactally and I was very happy with it (luckily I found the necklace again). Anyway, my experience was great, but as far as a tiffany, I would ask around A LOT before making that decision, but I would think that they would be okay with replacing it if anything happened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Read up on some posts in the archive on this issue...this would be similar to someone who bought an ACA or a SC stone and wanted to be sure that a loss was replaced with the SAME BRAND stone, since Tiffany is a brand it would most likely be considered the same thing. It's a little tricky and they don't *guarantee* anything (we have SF for our renters & personal policies, etc but went with Chubb for the jewelry) which is why we went with Chubb--I just didn't want to have to worry about the ring at all and with Chubb we pay a few bucks extra a year for that peace of mind.

Good luck!!

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
We have State Farm auto insurance and I've been looking at their renter's insurance and valuable article policies. I decided to go with Chubb. I've been dealing with Dave Stone (recommended by RockDoc) who is a great guy and definitely knows his valuable article policies.

Yes, Chubb does have a cash payout, which is probably better. They just cut you a check for the value of the policy. They also have a 150% market value payout if you replace the ring yourself (meaning they'll pay up to 150% of your policy value if you actually replace your ring with the same quality and the market value has gone up). They also have very straitforward exclusion clauses. It seems like a pretty low-BS policy. Throw in the fact that you're looking at ~$200 per year for $10,000 insurance (which means you've only paid 20% of the insured value after 10 years) and it seems like a pretty reasonable deal to me.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you read Diamond talk (one word).com you will see Pookarina had a fiasco with them which has been corrected now but she had to fight for it. It was partly her fault. She has now changed over to Chubb I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results