shape
carat
color
clarity

Starting tomorrow

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve had enough of feeling like, for lack of a better term, a cow. Tomorrow I''m starting Dr. Ian Smith''s Fat Smash Diet. I''ve also ordered his newest book and Jackie Warner''s new book. I''ve got her newer work out video, Wii Fit and one of my friends is bringing me his P90X. So..I''ve got plenty of things to play around with!

I *used* to be in really good shape, had a lot of muscle definition. I''ve not worked out for..years. I''m hoping there''s a little bit of muscle memory left somewhere in this body!

Anyway, I just thought I''d jump in and make an announcement..maybe I''ll feel more inclined to keep myself in check if I have a place to go for encouragement and to keep track of how I''m doing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck Packrat.
35.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
good luck!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did you do today, Packrat? I was good on my calories. Yippee!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Marcy and Maevie!

I didn''t do horrible today I guess. It took my first meal before it dawned on me that it''s basically nothing but fruits and veggies for the 1st 9 days. Protein from beans and tofu..and I don''t even really know what tofu is. So..I dug out the paperwork on a diet I did a couple years ago that actually worked pretty well for me, so until the 2 books I ordered come this week, I''ll go back to the diet from before.

Tomorrow I''m going to break out my Jackie Warner video and give it a whirl I think. The thing of it is, I really enjoy working out and working out hard..it''s just been so dang long since I''ve done anything, I need to just push myself to get back into the swing of things..then I think I''ll be fine.

Good job on your calories Marcy!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packrat, there is a free website than you can sign up for that will determine your daily calories range based on how much you want to lose and your exercise level. It is sparkpeople.com. You can track your calories, water and activity there too. I find a food scale very helpful and weigh out my food so I know I am getting the right portions.

Good luck tomorrow!
35.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll check it out-thanks Marcy! Good luck to you too tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. I try every day.
9.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Good luck.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard many people have success with Sparkpeople.. good luck Packrat! Come back to update us - it helps with staying accountable !

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi packrat,

I just wanted to say good luck to you! Definitely check out sparkpeople. I recently signed up with them and it is so much easier keeping track of my fitness and food.

Keep us posted!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the encouragement everyone! We''ve been so busy here w/the yardwork and everything else, I have not done well at ALL. I have to just make myself do it tho. My cholesterol is horrid-one of my coworkers told me I''m a walking heart attack, and that scares me.

I just started reading Jackie Warner''s book and I really like her, so I''m hoping it will help give me a kick in the pants.

I''m also thinking I might do something nice for myself and get my hair done. I''d planned on waiting until I dropped a bunch of weight, but I might just do it now for a pick me up!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
why don''t you come join us on the ''healthy lifestyle thread''? I report my eating and exercise for the day and this helps keep me accountable - plus we''re all very supportive!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
so.."tomorrow" was apparently..what, over a month now? Cripes. I had a few good days mingled in there where I didn''t have treats but then the rest of the time was treat overload. Still weigh the same as I did last month tho haha, so there''s 1 positive thing eh?

No candy, no coffee drinks today. I''m crabby, but you know..my brother''s coming home in a few weeks and I *really* hate him seeing me looking like this-he''s a bodybuilder and in phenomenal shape.

I''m trying to talk myself out of the hcg diet..there''s a few places in the city that offer it, but I don''t know if I want to spend $250 (special offer) on it and have it end up being something I can''t do b/c of my weird blood sugar issues.

I''ve *never* been one to be sad, depressed, tired "I don''t give a rat''s ass" about myself/body..but I''ve become that way over the last several years and I can''t figure out why! I''ve always enjoyed being busy and working out and doing things, but it''s like someone else is in my head now.

I don''t like it!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock

Have you considered getting tested to make sure there isn''t something keeping you from doing better? I had that problem recently, turned out in an atempt to counter the unexplained weight gain, I had made myself serverely anemic. I feel so much better and have not gained anymore weight, although I suspect it may be one of my meds, which I am getting looked at tomorrow.

My one suggestion is not to keep treats in the house since it makes it much easier to not eat them. I switched out my red baron pizza for Amy''s organic and my chocolate bars for 85% chocolate. Not deprived, but not a calorie bomb either.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I''ve not been tested recently for anything, but I''ve in the past been checked for anemia and my blood sugar and thyroid and everything''s fine (except the cholesterol haha)

Just gotta put forth the effort I guess!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
good luck Packrat!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results