shape
carat
color
clarity

Starruby.in Be aware.

FancyYellow

Rough_Rock
I purchased a Star Sapphire from this firm and it was nothing like the photo. It was clearly NOT the stone in the photo. I returned it and it was a nightmare getting my credit. They claimed they did not recieve the item even though i had confirmation it was delivered. Then they advised me that only one person in the office can process the credit but she was out for a few weeks.

I ended up getting my VISA company involved and they reversed the charge. Just wanted everyone to know. I saw a post about this firm and just wanted to share my experience so others can be aware.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased through ebay, with no issue. the stone was very close to the picture, came with a credible report, and checked out to be as it was supposed to on my end.

At least you purchased with a visa and recieved your funds back.

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not dealt with the company and am sorry for your poor experience. Did you check out the stone to be sure it is as stated before the return (treatment, etc)?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FancyYellow|1298611516|2859036 said:
I purchased a Star Sapphire from this firm and it was nothing like the photo. It was clearly NOT the stone in the photo. I returned it and it was a nightmare getting my credit. They claimed they did not recieve the item even though i had confirmation it was delivered. Then they advised me that only one person in the office can process the credit but she was out for a few weeks.

I ended up getting my VISA company involved and they reversed the charge. Just wanted everyone to know. I saw a post about this firm and just wanted to share my experience so others can be aware.

Did you pay with your visa through paypal? Just curious.

Glad to know you were able to finally get a refund.

On ebay, there are some gems I just avoid like the plague, rubies and sapphires are some of them. There are some decent ebay vendors that have legit material and very good return policies, and disclose all treatement with a reputable lab report, but other than that, I avoid 99% of ebay sellers for some gems.

It's not a good excuse that the person that processes credits is unavailable. That is a huge red flag to me. While I'm glad that Arcadian had a good experience and was lucky, I probably will be leary of this vendor. Thanks for the warnings.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm confused (easily done :bigsmile: ). What's the name of the company please?

BTW TL, I have purchased with my Visa via Paypal and you have the choice of either asking Visa to work on your behalf OR Paypal. It can be easier to go through the Visa route but I've successfully actioned claims by Paypal where I've had problems. It's a bit tedious and the process lengthy but I've been refunded for each of the claims I've made (probably 5 or 6 over the years).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds|1298653995|2859311 said:

BTW TL, I have purchased with my Visa via Paypal and you have the choice of either asking Visa to work on your behalf OR Paypal. It can be easier to go through the Visa route but I've successfully actioned claims by Paypal where I've had problems. It's a bit tedious and the process lengthy but I've been refunded for each of the claims I've made (probably 5 or 6 over the years).

It's ebay store starruby.in. I think they have a website too. Just google them and you'll find their links.

Thanks LD for the information on paypal. So far, I haven't had to make a claim, but better safe than sorry. It's good to know these things.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tourmaline_lover|1298659981|2859405 said:
LovingDiamonds|1298653995|2859311 said:

It's ebay store starruby.in. I think they have a website too. Just google them and you'll find their links.

Thanks LD for the information on paypal. So far, I haven't had to make a claim, but better safe than sorry. It's good to know these things.

Thank you!

On the Paypal issue, they normally side with the buyer, especially if you've tried to find a resolution with the vendor and been unsuccessful.

harshilzaveri

Rough_Rock

This is Harshil Zaveri from StarRuby.in replying to this person's claim. I have never dealt with this person and we have never had a case where a refund was not issued for a returned item. We have a smooth and flexible return policy, and if by any chance a customer decides to return a stone, we provide an immediate return upon receipt of the item. Further, I solely handle all the sale transactions and here is no "she" who this user is referring to.

It clearly seems that this person is one of our competitors who has posted a false claim to mislead people and to affect our reputation by bad-mouthing us. This is very clearly evident by the fact this user signed up on 25th Feb and on the same day he made a post against our company and after that in the subsequent months there is neither any new post nor any reply to this particular topic. Also it must be noted that this user has absolutely nothing setup in his profile - not his name, not his contact information not even his country.

I would like to request the forum moderators to consider this matter and remove this false post.

To FancyYellow: if you have any proof or paperwork that can prove your claim, feel free to post it here so people here can know what is right and what is wrong.

Best regards,
Harshil Zaveri
StarRuby.in

harshilzaveri

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it.

Regards,
Harshil Zaveri
StarRuby.in

harshilzaveri

Rough_Rock
TL|1298650161|2859274 said:

Did you pay with your visa through paypal? Just curious.

Glad to know you were able to finally get a refund.

On ebay, there are some gems I just avoid like the plague, rubies and sapphires are some of them. There are some decent ebay vendors that have legit material and very good return policies, and disclose all treatement with a reputable lab report, but other than that, I avoid 99% of ebay sellers for some gems.

It's not a good excuse that the person that processes credits is unavailable. That is a huge red flag to me. While I'm glad that Arcadian had a good experience and was lucky, I probably will be leary of this vendor. Thanks for the warnings.

I hope there was some way people could see that this person is making a totally false and bogus claim. Since internet is unfiltered, anyone can post anything they want. The "red flag" to me is that this person has neither posted his name, country nor any other information. I would like to invite "FancyYellow" to post some proof of his purchase, which I am sure he/she can't since this is a completely bogus claim.

Regards,
Harshil Zaveri
StarRuby.in

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
given it is the first post by this person, i would think it highly suspect. it is good thata vendors participate here. good to have your clarification of procedures.

MoZo

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1304609351|2912985 said:
given it is the first post by this person, i would think it highly suspect. it is good thata vendors participate here. good to have your clarification of procedures.

MoZo

True, one should give the benefit of the doubt in this case. I didn't realize it was the person's first post either. I'm glad starruby came on here to clear themselves.

harshilzaveri

Rough_Rock
MoZo / TL - thanks for replying. The world would be a much better place if people would do business in an honorable way rather than indulging in such negative tactics.

Regards,
Harshil
StarRuby.in

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harshil I am glad that you came along to put your view of events and it's good to hear that you have a no quibble return policy. Unfortunately, it has been known for people to post with a hidden agenda and this is often more apparent when somebody has a low post count. One thing I would say however is that if you look at my profile, you won't see my name, country or any other personal details as I value my privacy! So I wouldn't say that this is indicative of anything!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results