shape
carat
color
clarity

Star Ring... Can someone help me find this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
So as I was browsing Ebay one day (before I knew of this forum) I found this ring... I did bid on it but ended up loosing.
The information that I can remember...
5 "Kite shaped" diamond for about 1.75 tcw
G-H color
SI or better clarity
Winning bid was for $910.00

I asked the Ebay seller if they had more like it and they said no...
7.gif

Anyway I was so bummed that I didn't win this because I am obsessed with stars and I LOVED this design.
I have only seen one like it since and it was a custom job. I called the maker and they quoted me over 3k for the ring with the same specs as above... so that was out of the question.

Has anyone seen a ring like this?

star.ring.ebay.1234.JPG

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sure anyone who does custom work would make you one, but you might have to pay for it. Custom work can be expensive unfortunately.

I''ll keep my eye out for you!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I Googled "star shape diamond ring" and didn''t come up with much, but I thought this was cute:
http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Accent-10k-Star-Ring/dp/B0000DZ5FL

Probably not quite what you''re looking for though.

If you do a custom one, it will unfortunately be hard to find diamonds cut to sit flush against each other like that one. Maybe a ring with marquise or calla cut diamonds would work? This looks somewhat star-like...but Calla diamonds might be hard to make into a 5-pointed star, so marquise might be the way to go.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2007 6:39:44 PM
Author: Sparkster
Very pretty. What shape would you call the individual diamonds?
kites.
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Huh, I''ve never seen anything like that before. Very unique!

You could make a custom version with small pave rounds, but with in the shape that you want and it would be much much cheaper than 3k...but it wouldn''t have the same look as the kite shaped stones together.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Two comments about this ring (neither of which will be helpful for you maybe? but came to mind....) One, I think if these kites were step cut the ring would be really amazing. Right now they look kinda like radiants... Two, I don''t know if I''d want to wear this all the time, my friend has a marquise set similarly that she has a lot of problems with scratching herself and she never wears it anymore. This ring has 3 more points than a marquise and I''d want to make sure that the setting had eversoslightly rounded corners so I wasn''t eaten alive by it.

All that said, I think the ring is pretty cool looking and under $700 is pretty dang inexpensive as is. I don''t see how you can really come close to that with anything close to decent stones.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I can''t help you with a real one...but Dillards or Macys has it in a CZ/sterling silver! Runs about $30.

DKS

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I found one!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
oops. let me try that again.

Star

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Cehrabehra -- From the picture it does not look like the points have sharp edges but that can be deceiving. I was thinking the same thing about it, that it might catch on everything. I suppose if I go custom I can always take care of that.

Date: 7/12/2007 7:00:26 AM
Author: treysar
oops. let me try that again.

Star

Thats exactly it! Except no rings on that site...

39.gif

Ah well... maybe I will have to wait and save my pennies for a full custom design. FI wont be happy with that LOL... I just got the Ering...

12.gif

[/i]

DaniGirl

Rough_Rock
i''m obsessed with stars too, and that one you posted is pretty sweet. i also LOVE the one that butterfly posted in a different thread with the pink and blue stones. both are very unique!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was thinking about this thread today and I had an idea. What if you put together five pears instead of kites? Would it look at all like a star...or would it look like a flower. Pears would be much cheaper than getting custom kites for a ring. Just a thought.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 7:56:03 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I was thinking about this thread today and I had an idea. What if you put together five pears instead of kites? Would it look at all like a star...or would it look like a flower. Pears would be much cheaper than getting custom kites for a ring. Just a thought.

Good idea, but if you put them together rounded side out, it would look like a flower. If you put them together pointed side out you would have a hole in the middle that you would have to fill... maybe with a RB. But it wouldn''t have the "tight, endless diamond" look.

DaniGirl -- I have not seen that ring... I will have to go dig it up
1.gif

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
I have earrrings that look like a star. Poshpepper you are right about needing a round diamond in the middle. My earrings have a small RB in the middle surrounded by six pears with the pointed edge out. They definitely look like a star from a distance and I get lots of compliments on them!

I agree that the ring with the kite shaped diamonds looks more "starry." I also don''t see kite shaped diamonds very often, although I have a pendant that has one in it - it''s really unique!

Good luck in your search!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Could you buy one of the pendants on that Simply Texan site and have it reset into a ring?

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2007 1:28:25 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Could you buy one of the pendants on that Simply Texan site and have it reset into a ring?

I was thinking the same thing (by far the best option besides full out custom), but that was more money than I wanted to spend. I was hoping to be able to get a stock piece from somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results