shape
carat
color
clarity

Stamped Orange Blossom but not Traub?

Miss

Rough_Rock
Hi all! New to the forums ... I searched around and couldnt find any info on what I was looking for. Recently I visited an antique fair where I live and purchase a vintage wedding band. It is stamped ORANGE BLOSSOM (with Orange over the word Blossom), 18K, and what looks to be a puffy sort of crown inside an oblong letter C. It also has the couples first names and the year 1957.

So my question is I thought the term/brand "Orange Blossom" is trademarked to Traub (double TT's in a circle) but my ring has neither of these markings... was there another company that used this term? The ring itself is in very good condition with no wear on the inside inscription to make me think that Traub/TT marking have worn off.

Thanks for any help and taking the time to read my post.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought other companies made orange blossom rings, traub, belais, jabel are the most popular ones. The crown usually means it was made in England so you are looking to identify the crown and the C. Do a search on US and UK ebay put in "Orange Blossom ring" and see if any come up that look like your ring.

Miss

Rough_Rock
Thank you for taking the time to reply ... I was able to find a picture of the crown with-in the letter C via an ebay link:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Traub-1936-Ring-Orange-Blossom-18K-14K-Yellow-and-White-Gold-Size-7-5-RD/161412781002?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140620075055%26meid%3Da325d9d45f934a88a93050c17c20419c%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D20140620075055%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D151346753865

If you mouseover any of pic 1,3 or 4 it shows the Orange Blossom stamp and the crown/letter C I was trying to describe ... this ring too is missing the Traub/TT stamp as well.

Thanks again.

Miss

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if the ones with the C and the crown are Traub make in the UK and the rest without it are Traub made in the US? There must be some small difference.

Miss

Rough_Rock
Hmm I didnt even know Traub had a UK branch. Thanks for the suggestion ... Ill try and poke around the internet for that.

Miss

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
18k means it is not from UK. We use 18c for gold, we write carat for gold not karat. Unless it was imported in, but the crown does not look like the crown used in british hallmarks. The other one on ebay has 14k and we don't have 14 carat in the UK, we only
have 9c, 18c and 22c. I wonder if the crown is in an ankh (not a letter 'c')?

Miss

Rough_Rock
thanks for clarifying about carat vs karat ... as to the other symbol i am at a loss so any and all ideas are welcome.

ty so far for all the help

Miss

susanrachel28

Rough_Rock
Sorry I failed to realize the question was regarding the C and crown symbol. This was my dad's wedding band, but it's not traub. My mom said she thinks it's "keepsake" before the brand was purchased by Walmart. This ring doesn't have the C and crown symbol, but I do know it's not Traub.

Miss

Rough_Rock
thanks for replying .... but yes the orange blossom stamp does look like the one in your pic ... ill try googling the combo of keepsake and orange blossom

Miss

CypressCreek

Rough_Rock
Is your "puffy Crown" like this? I am trying to figure out what marking my band has here. It's raised and puffy. Looks like a W with semi circle over it. Not Traub.

20150630_183902.jpg

Bittybop

Rough_Rock
Hi there, ( newbie here)
I was checking out the forums & came across this "orange blossum"
Yes your ring is a Taub ( 2 two T T 's within a circle ) is the logo for Traub however yours is a tidbit worn
Cheers :angel:

HHtv

Rough_Rock
Hi all! New to the forums ... I searched around and couldnt find any info on what I was looking for. Recently I visited an antique fair where I live and purchase a vintage wedding band. It is stamped ORANGE BLOSSOM (with Orange over the word Blossom), 18K, and what looks to be a puffy sort of crown inside an oblong letter C. It also has the couples first names and the year 1957.

So my question is I thought the term/brand "Orange Blossom" is trademarked to Traub (double TT's in a circle) but my ring has neither of these markings... was there another company that used this term? The ring itself is in very good condition with no wear on the inside inscription to make me think that Traub/TT marking have worn off.

Thanks for any help and taking the time to read my post.

I ran into one of these rings this weekend - The inside is stamped "Orange Blossom" with a hallmark of a capital C around a crown, with RD1936 beside it - in this ring. I'm guessing model or design year?

After knocking about online for awhile i've discovered it's actually (and shame on me for not realizing this) the Canadian national hallmark for gold jewellery from way back when. I came across this picture on google from a German book that shows it. Apparently, it's often confused with an older German hallmark when worn down.

The company i believe that made it was called "Orange Blossom Jewellers" from the early 1900's - online it said it was purached in the 1990's and all of the molds were destroyed - what a shame :mad: I would love to see more of them!

I hope this helps anyone else who comes across one. Canada-Germary.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results