shape
carat
color
clarity

Stack Rings: How many is too many?

Enchante

Rough_Rock
I collect gemstones, usually they sit in their loose cases in the safe, and I take them out to 'play' with them or admire them. However, every once in a while, I get inspired and make something out of them.....

always admired beautiful stack rings, so sent a few stones to the jeweller. I love the round bands of the Tiffany sugarloaf rings, so I requested for that in 18K yellow gold.

now the question is: how many is too many to wear at once?

stackies_1__531x800_.jpg

stackies_2__800x560_.jpg

stackies_6__531x800_.jpg

stackies_3__800x600_.jpg

Enchante

Rough_Rock
split them up a little?

stackies__600x800_.jpg

stackies_4__535x800_.jpg

stackies_5__564x800_.jpg

Enchante

Rough_Rock
Ooops forgot to mention what stones they are:

1) Green Tourmaline
2) Blue Spinel
3) Reddish Pink Spinel
4) Purple Spinel
5) Amethyst

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It gets too much when you are concerned the stones will knock each other and get damaged. Or when it impedes your use of your hand. :tongue:

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
My Mom told me once to plant flowers/plants in the garden in odd numbered groups. Three rose bushes instead of two or four.

The odd number was pleasing to her eye. Last weekend, we broke that rule several times while planting flowers in our garden.

For me, three would be the magic number. I guess you'll have to experiment and see what mix you like the most.

Beautiful rings! Enjoy wearing them!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
On the basis of your pics, I vote 3 also. More gets to look crowded, not to mention possible damage to the stones all crowded together. With the ammy, which is larger, I'd go for 2.

Super rings -- I love sugarloafs too (sugarloaves? :)) ). The twisted-rope shanks are nice.

--- Laurie

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Based on the size of your stones, I would do 2. 3 would be too blingy for me, but that is just me. I like odd numbers of things, and think that stack rings look great in bunches of 3 and 5, but your stones are pretty large. Very beautiful.

Enchante

Rough_Rock
pregcurious and Txgreeneyes: total agree on the odd number concept - which is why I got 5 rings. Gives me multiple colour and combination options.

At the moment I am just playing around with the different arrangements to see which is best - but I love them all! :love:

Jewelfreak: I can't help myself, I am just drawn to larger rocks - these are some the 'smaller' ones in my collection that's why I grouped them together for stackies. Plus the bright candy colours go great!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
LOVE these!! So pretty, I love all the colors. The setting and band choice is perfect for stacking.

I stack every day too but on a smaller level :). I have a 7 mm round green tourmaline and 6 mm blue sapphire that stack nicely together, but those are my bigger stack rings (most of my gems are 5-6 mm rounds, I have found through trial and error that if it's above 6-7 mm, it doesn't get worn). I have a lot of smaller stackers but I don't wear those too much either. 5-6 mm is my sweet spot, I guess. I also like to add in interesting gold bands just to mix up the textures. At one point I think I had 6 different twig style rings, which was too many, but I've sold a couple.

My favorite of yours is the blue spinel - it really makes me want one of my own!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results