shape
carat
color
clarity

SpringCut diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JohnBob

Rough_Rock
My intended and I did some looking at engagement rings the other weekend. We saw some Tycoon cut rings and some emerald cut rings and some rounds. She really likes rings with three diamonds, a larger center stone with smaller flanking stones of the same cut. I have been looking at SpringCut diamonds as an alternative to the Tycoon cut diamonds which she liked a bit better than the round cuts...emerald cuts are out.

I am looking at a 0.85 ct, color I, VVS2 diamond which is approximately 5.1x6.0x3.05 in dimensions. The ring is a rather plain platinum mount with two side stones also SpringCut of G-H color and VS clarity. What would be a reasonable price range for this ring? I am having a hard time getting an idea because SpringCut is such an unusual cut and no one''s calculators that I have found consider it.

JohnBob

Rough_Rock
Anybody have any ideas on this???
20.gif
I am really at a loss for information regarding this cut of diamond. Thanks.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WF used to carry it but no longer does...but maybe you can search on here re: Spring Cut and see if any old posts had pricing information. But it may have changed anyway...good luck!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I had never heard of this cut before. It looks really pretty and unusual. I can't tell you anything about it but here is a list of them from WF. You can get a sense of how much they cost. Good Luck!

http://www.whiteflash.com/spring_cut/pg_1.htm

ETA: Here is WF's old sample image too
sclost.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d actually check with WF re: if that is a old stone listing since last we heard on here WF was not selling Spring Cuts anymore....

But if it is an old listing at least it will give you an idea of what they sold for ~2 years ago when they still sold them.

JohnBob

Rough_Rock
Here are the three diamonds I am looking at right now. It is very interesting that the center stone was found on the WF link...same AGS certificate number. I want to get them mounted in a platinum setting with a slight taper from the top to the shank of the ring. The center stone is 0.84 cts I, VVS2 and the two side stones total 0.4 cts G, VS1. Anyone have an idea just how much this should go for? I think I am getting a very good deal in that the price of the center stone is a lot less than what WF has listed.

Yes, SpringCut diamonds are quite pretty. They are not as pricey as Tycoon cut or Ashtoka cut diamonds, but look very similar and unlike the Tycoon cut, don''t have sharp corners which are purportedly prone to chipping and mounting problems. All three of these cuts have far more dazzle than emerald cuts because they have many more facets.

3sprgcuts.jpg

JohnBob

Rough_Rock
Anyone have any comments or ideas on these stones? Thanks.

John

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
they look pretty?

unfortunately i don''t think many people here can offer any advice on them as none of us really know much about them, it''s a cut we rarely hear about on here...i think this is the first time in a year anyone has mentioned them.

lornajs

Rough_Rock
Here''s some information I found about Spring Cuts. I was looking at this cut because I also like the rectangular shapes, but not the Emerald Cut. I haven''t seen one in person though. I purchased a Criss-cut, another option if u like rectangular / unusual shapes. Hope it helps.

SPRING CUT
The Spring Cut is comprised of elements from both the emer­ald and radiant cuts. M&M Diamond Imports wanted to create a cut that combined the fire and scintillation of the radiant cut and the elegance of the emerald cut.
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS AND CUTTING ISSUES
The Spring Cut has 60 facets and appears bigger than comparable stones by weight because of its shape. It weighs between .08 and 10 carats and comes in colors from D to Z, and in clarities from IF to 11. The facets ensure that the stone has minimal light leakage and better light return. The cut is Gemological Institute of America (GIA), European Gemological Laboratory (EGL), and American Gem Society (AGS) certifiable. Each stone is laser inscribed with the brand name and certificate number.
MARKETS AND MARKETING
The Spring Cut has been featured in many industry publications and has also been exhibited at the ]CK Las Vegas Show. It is sold in bridal and high-end stores and is used in diamond Right Hand Rings. Promotional materials such as displays, videos and posters are available to be used in stores, and the cut is also promoted through ad slicks, co-op advertising, radio spots and on the internet at www.springcut.com.
PRICING AND SUPPLY
The Spring Cut is sold loose, priced at around 25 percent below the Rapaport pear-shape prices. The cut is also sold in jewelry, starting at $1,500 and going up to $20,000.
WHAT BUYERS SHOULD LOOK FOR
The Spring Cut''s radiance and depth should be emphasized, due to the nature of the cut, which possesses qual­ities of both the emerald cut and radi­ant cut. These attributes make the stone appear larger than it really is and give it an exceptional brilliance. Buyers should note that lab-certified Spring Cut stones appear whiter face-up than they do when they are being graded, since the lab grades the darkest area of the stone. This means that the diamonds must be tilted and viewed through a narrow side to determine their color.

JohnBob

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the info. I have been in contact with M&M Diamond Imports and have seen almost all of the info you posted. I have not seen them in person, but have seen the Criss cuts and Tycoons...which are similar to the SpringCut, all are patented cuts. However, the SpringCuts are much more reasonable in price for a patented cut compared to the Tycoon and Criss cuts. I placed the order for the ring today and I am looking forward to getting it next week sometime. I will post pictures of it then. I was surprised that no one knows much about these as they are quite dazzling, especially compared to emerald cuts and ought to be rising in popularity, but they are not for some reason. Tycoon cuts are getting a big hype in my part of the country with a lot of billboard advertising. Think of it...a 15-20 foot diamond staring at tens of thousands of people daily day-in and day-out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results