shape
carat
color
clarity

Split Shanks?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Do split shank settings make the finger look shorter and/or fatter?

I''m considering a Danhov split shank setting for an an asscher and wonder whether that would be the case.

Also, having read stories of pave stones falling out, has anyone experienced this with a Danhov setting?

Platinum_E5_by_Danhov_big078.gif

mw18

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful setting! I found that the split shank made my finger look a little short, but not fatter...but then again, my fingers aren''t very long to begin with. Split shanks just give me less room to work in a wedding band.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Are you planning on wearing a wedding band with the danhov ring??

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2006 8:26:22 PM
Author: bling*diva*
~~Are you planning on wearing a wedding band with the danhov ring??
No, this would be for a right hand ring--finger size 8.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Man, I love that ring. If I had a big asscher I would set it into that setting in a heartbeat. I haven''t heard anything at all about Danhov settings...obviously if you go with that setting, you would just have to be extra careful about what you do while wearing it. As long as you''re cool with that, I say go for it!!! Its just lovely!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
there have been a few pricescopers with danhov''s rings and as far as I know we haven''t heard anything here bad about them. that''s a beautiful ring for sure.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, mrssalvo. The diamond in the picture is 3 carats, but I would be putting about a 2c in that setting.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, did you find your stone?
36.gif
36.gif
Did you get the Craig''s list one, or did you find another you preferred?

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2006 11:17:27 PM
Author: :)
36.gif
36.gif
I have found several beautiful asschers, but the setting is the current dilemma
14.gif

After considering the danhov for several days and trying with no luck to find an actual split prong setting to try on, I decided against it for the time being.

The craigslist diamond ring is lovely, but it too would have needed a different setting-probably a halo and at the price he was asking for his ring, the re-set would have put it over budget.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a very very nice setting you are thinking about.

I am considering a Danhov setting. I used the PS search function and only found out good things about them.

I think they do bead set pave so wouldn't that be sturdier than regular pave?

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/27/2006 7:43:56 PM
Author: isaku5

Date: 9/26/2006 11:17:27 PM
Author: :)
36.gif
36.gif
I have found several beautiful asschers, but the setting is the current dilemma
14.gif

After considering the danhov for several days and trying with no luck to find an actual split prong setting to try on, I decided against it for the time being.

The craigslist diamond ring is lovely, but it too would have needed a different setting-probably a halo and at the price he was asking for his ring, the re-set would have put it over budget.

Smart to consider the setting too - that way you do not get stuck with just the stone, dying to wear it, and then realize that you know absolutely nothing about how you are going to set it!

Also, just to consider trying on shapes - have you ever just gone to the costume jewelry section in Macy''s or similar? Just look at their costume rings in many colors, etc, but you can get an idea of shapes of stones (although I know you already want the asscher, this could help others wondering what shapes look like on their hands) and setting styles - all without the salesperson following you around...!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results