shape
carat
color
clarity

Spinel & Pear Diamond CAD review/help please

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received the second round of CADs from DK last night following a couple changes from the first round, which included: 1) narrowing/tapering the sides of the shank while keeping the bottom width the same; 2) shortening the v-tips on the pears a little bit, but I don’t want them too tiny; and, 3) angling the pear tips up just a smidge to allow a little more face-on view of them. Just a note: all prongs (except the v-tips) will be claws - singles on the side diamonds & doubles on the spinel.

Seeing the updated CADs, I think we’re about ‘there’, but before I give him the thumbs up, I am wondering if I should maybe angle the pear tips up just a smidge more. What do ya’ll think?

The images with a ‘B’ are the before/1st round of CADs, and the ‘A’ is after/2nd round. Thoughts? Anything else you see that I should consider changing? Thanks much, in advance, for any feedback! :wavey:

C04E2C1D-1726-4884-9A0A-ECC61B51C63B.jpeg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How large is the center stone? I love double prongs but with sidestones, I’m worried it’ll look prong heavy. The pear angles look just right to me.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @chrono for chiming in. DK said his bench would shave down the prongs at finishing.

The stones are:
~ Burmese Spinel cushion - 6.6 x 6.2 x 4.2 mm
~ Pear Diamond - 5.71 x 3.85 x 2.4 mm
~ Pear Diamond - 5.67 x 3.83 x 2.28 mm

I mocked this up (as close to ‘scale’ for my stones as I could) from a couple of rings to get an idea of how it would look IRL. Does it appear prong-heavy, ya think? I could ask DK to make the double claws ‘skinny’, and feel I wouldn’t compromise security since they are doubles. :think:
9B6EA334-A8C7-401F-AC89-A1AF78BB0582.jpeg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing I am rubbish with CADS but just wanted to say WOW it looks beautiful and I know it will be gorgeous when DK is finished creating the setting. In the mock up you did the prongs and the proportions look perfect. And if he is going to shave down the prongs at finishing you can get them exactly where you want them to be. As you say they are double prongs so you can probably go thinner than if they were single prongs. I think it looks great in your mock up.

Thank you @chrono for chiming in. DK said his bench would shave down the prongs at finishing.

The stones are:
~ Burmese Spinel cushion - 6.6 x 6.2 x 4.2 mm
~ Pear Diamond - 5.71 x 3.85 x 2.4 mm
~ Pear Diamond - 5.67 x 3.83 x 2.28 mm

I mocked this up (as close to ‘scale’ for my stones as I could) from a couple of rings to get an idea of how it would look IRL. Does it appear prong-heavy, ya think? I could ask DK to make the double claws ‘skinny’, and feel I wouldn’t compromise security since they are doubles. :think:
9B6EA334-A8C7-401F-AC89-A1AF78BB0582.jpeg

:love:
Good luck and cannot wait to see this on your hand and you enjoying the heck out of it.:appl:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
This is going to be stunning when its finished! Can't wait to see it!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the revised version is spot on! As long as the prongs look a lot more delicate in the finished ring, it’ll look great!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. Can’t wait to see!
I think the prongs will be fine so long as you specify that they be delicate, which I think he’d probably do anyway, but belt and braces as they say.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much everyone! :wavey:

I’ve given DK the green light to proceed, so will be back with pics when it is done. :dance:

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Did DK source your pears or did you source your own? What color are the pears ? Thanks !

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did DK source your pears or did you source your own? What color are the pears ? Thanks !

I sourced my pears, which are D color (not the ones in the picture above; that was a mock-up I did in Adobe). I actually have winced changed gears on this project entirely because I just felt the ratio in size between the pears and spinel was too ‘off’ for my liking.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
I’m interested in setting my color stone in a theee stone setting like this one, and I’m concerned about proportions as well. My center stone is oval.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m interested in setting my color stone in a theee stone setting like this one, and I’m concerned about proportions as well. My center stone is oval.

I think it’s somewhat personal/subjective. I just feel like my pears were a smidge too big, given they were D color ... they stand out more than if they were a lower color. If they were G/H color, I think mine would have been fine, size-wise. But I think it’s really personal preference and depends on the size/shape/color of the center stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results