shape
carat
color
clarity

Specs contributing to contrast?

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not sure if I'm asking the right question but, here goes. I'm suddenly itching to replace my moissanite with a lab diamond and I'm quite excited about it. I have two moissanite RB engagement rings: the 8mm is F color in a 6-prong setting made by DK, I chose the stone from Moissanite Co (their brand) in 2016 (which came with an Imagem grading certificate, so I have more specs to share), I think it was an H&A cut. The other one I bought preloved and only know that it's 7mm, DEF color range, from Tianyu, the ring is white gold with palladium. I see more contrast in the Tianyu stone (which I really like) than in my 8mm MoCo stone. I think contrast is the right term - more noticeable dark & light separation in the facets? Not a case of sharper vs mushy facets. This was so tough to photograph but I think I got a couple good examples so you can see what I mean.

My question is: while I'm searching for a lab diamond, is there anything I should be looking for in the specs that would tell me if I can expect some good contrast?

I also wonder if the Tianyu stone actually has a bit more color/tint and that's what's happening. Or could it simply be the size difference. Also the Tianyu is in a bezel setting... but I've tried to mimic that with the MoCo by pushing my fingers all around the girdle and didn't see any difference.

Would love your feedback! Thank you!

Attachments

• moiss contrast 1.jpg
    moiss contrast 1.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 20
  • moiss contrast 2.jpg
    moiss contrast 2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 17
  • moiss imagem cert.JPG
    moiss imagem cert.JPG
    223.9 KB · Views: 15
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results